Bring4th

Full Version: Sharks on Twitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Australia is one of the most dangerous places on the planet. No joke. Lots of venomous thingies, and kangaroos that learn to box and do choke holds.

but one thing is our beaches. And the sharks.

the various authorities in charge have radio-tagged some of the bigger sharks, and are alerted to when they are approaching beaches. This information can then be publically shared on twitter, so people can make up their own minds if its worth risking a limb just to enjoy a swim on that particular day.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/01/great-...n-twitter/
Quote:Despite the fact that shark attacks are very, very rare, Australia still has more of them compared to any other country. A new system has been set up in Western Australia that tweets out a message on the Surf Life Saving WA twitter page whenever a shark comes within half a mile of a beach.

please come and visit my wonderful country one day!!
[Image: hitchcock,alfredhitchchock,digging,grave...e49d_h.jpg]
u should be in charge of all tourism ads Plenny, people will just flock to Australia now! Tongue choking rambo kangaroos, sharks... oh yeah & various venomous things!
(03-06-2015, 06:31 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]u should be in charge of all tourism ads Plenny, people will just flock to Australia now! Tongue choking rambo kangaroos, sharks... oh yeah & various venomous things!

did I mention the ear-piercing, screeching flocks of cockatoos?  I remember the first one that landed on my balcony, and tried to get my attention my knocking over a broom that was resting against the wall.  It was just saying - Hi!

It knew what it was doing BigSmile
lol sounds fun