Bring4th

Full Version: Holes in the Spirit Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Fang

In the LOO Ra states that "holes" can exist within the "spirit energy field" (which I assume is a property of the spiritual body?) of an entity. It is asserted in the Ra material that these holes can be the product of the "ingestion of chemicals such as, what this instrument would call LSD".

Now, just what constitutes the "spirit energy field" (I know it's not material but you know what I mean) and why would a psychedelic chemical cause such a disruption as to tear a hole? Most psychedelics, LSD included are noteworthy for the dramatic effect they induce on consciousness while being almost completely non toxic and being able to exit the body without a trace. Yet they seem very dangerous to the spirit complex, is this danger due to mind more than body? Does the ingestion and resultant change in thought pattern cause stimulation of some kind in the spirit complex that can be "overcharged"?

Also, is there any indication in the material as to if the holes permanent?

The idea that entheogens can "fragment your aura" is a pretty popular idea in new age circles so if there's any info on this topic from another source I would be glad to hear it.

Edit: Also on the holes in general, is anyone aware of what could cause one in an individual who has not ingested psychedelics, is it perhaps by the same mechanism stimulated by psychedelics?

Quote:6.1 Questioner: We would like to continue the material from yesterday. We had to cease before [inaudible].

Ra: I am Ra. This is well with us.
The healing ability, like all other, what this instrument would call paranormal abilities, is effected by the opening of a pathway or shuttle into intelligent infinity. There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field, sometimes created by the ingestion of chemicals such as, what this instrument would call LSD, who are able, randomly and without control, to tap into energy sources. They may or may not be entities who wish to serve. The purpose of carefully and consciously opening this channel is to serve in a more dependable way, in a more commonplace or usual way, as seen by the distortion complex of the healer. To others there may appear to be miracles. To the one who has carefully opened the door to intelligent infinity this is ordinary; this is commonplace; this is as it should be. The life experience becomes somewhat transformed and the great work goes on....
As for the individual who hasn't taken psychedelics, I would take that to mean the likes of psychics/mediums and certain healers. They tend to be good at certain aspects (almost random and usually from birth) without necessarily knowing why or even concious of the nature of their own ability.

I have no experience of LSD so not so sure on its effect. I would guess intention may have something to do it? I would guess the average user uses it just for the experience of altertered conciousness without much focus on what exactly they want to achieve in this state. Therefore the mind complex perhaps has little choice on what it perceives in this state, hence the random nature. I wouldn't ever think the holes were permanent- what is? BigSmile

Fang

(01-06-2014, 06:26 AM)Steppenwolf Wrote: [ -> ]As for the individual who hasn't taken psychedelics, I would take that to mean the likes of psychics/mediums and certain healers. They tend to be good at certain aspects (almost random and usually from birth) without necessarily knowing why or even concious of the nature of their own ability.

I have no experience of LSD so not so sure on its effect. I would guess intention may have something to do it? I would guess the average user uses it just for the experience of altertered conciousness without much focus on what exactly they want to achieve in this state. Therefore the mind complex perhaps has little choice on what it perceives in this state, hence the random nature. I wouldn't ever think the holes were permanent- what is? BigSmile

Your input is appreciated. Hm interesting about psychics and healers, yes a lot of them do have their abilities and presumably spirit holes from birth but there are also some who gain such talent after a near death experience, perhaps that is another cause of this phenomena. Continuing on that thought, there is a theory that DMT is released during near death experiences, hmm. Edit: It should be noted that the theory of DMT being released from the pineal gland during near death experiences is reliant on the theory that it is produced there or anywhere in the body in the first place.

Intention does have an influence in the effect of LSD on the mind as it is a component of one's overall mental state at the time of ingestion and the initial state functions as a sort of filter for the experience, there are examples where intention has been the major factor in the resultant experience.

Most individuals will have little choice on what they will experience (which is a component of perception) during the effects, unfocused or focused, though focused probably has more benefit. To put the psychedelic experience very simply; the "bottleneck" separating the unconscious from the conscious is widened, in somewhat the same manner as the dreaming state allowing for more unconscious in-flow. To the disorganised or unfocused mind yeah that can spell trouble lol.

You have just made me aware of the possibility that perhaps these holes result from bad trips, thank you.

Like I said above LSD (despite much propaganda saying otherwise) is fairly traceless in the bodily system, which means that there is not residual substance in the brain to cause the phenomenon of "flashbacks", I have a feeling that flashbacks may be related to holes or inconsistencies in the spirit field caused by the ingestion of the chemical.

Haha you're right about permanence I've just got a feeling I'm Hol(e)y thus the investigation.
I feel as though the spiritual field is referring to your energy system as a whole. There is something called a red/violet armor which functions as a protective shell around your energy centers and usually prevents permanent changes to your field from external sources. The position of the kings chamber in the great pyramid has such a configuration that an entity placed in this position experiences automatic disruption of the red/violet armor. This allows manipulation (e.g. healing) to occur readily and permanently in this particular case. However as the below quote suggests, this automatic disruption makes an entity more vulnerable to causing deleterious and permanent changes to their energy field if used without a crystallized healer, used with the wrong intention, or in the wrong configuration. Though not named explicitly, i believe the reference to "some of your chemicals which cause disruptions in the energy fields in like manner" is referring to entheogens like LSD and therefore the same precautions apply.

tl;dr
My take is that the holes in your spirit field are disruptions of your red/violet armor which leave you vulnerable to damaging, or potential positive manipulation of your energy system depending on the presence of a guide or healer, intention, and/or setting/configuration?

Quote:57.12 Questioner: How does the healing that you just told us about relate to the healing done in the King’s Chamber in the Giza pyramid?
Ra: I am Ra. There are two advantages to doing this working in such a configuration of shapes and dimensions.

Firstly, the disruption or interruption of the violet/red armoring or protective shell is automatic.

In the second place, the light is configured by the very placement of this position in the seven distinctive color or energy vibratory rates, thus allowing the energy through the crystallized being, focused with the crystal, to manipulate with great ease the undisturbed and, shall we say, carefully delineated palette of energies or colors, both in space/time and in time/space. Thus the unarmored being may be adjusted rapidly. This is desirable in some cases, especially when the armoring is the largest moiety of the possibility of continued function of body complex activity in this density. The trauma of the interruption of this armoring vibration is then seen to be lessened.

We take this opportunity to pursue our honor/duty, as some of those creating the pyramid shape, to note that it is in no way necessary to use this shape in order to achieve healings, for seniority of vibration has caused the vibratory complexes of mind/body/spirit complexes to be healed to be less vulnerable to the trauma of the interrupted armoring.

Furthermore, as we have said, the powerful effect of the pyramid, with its mandatory disruption of the armoring, if used without the crystallized being, used with the wrong intention, or in the wrong configuration, can result in further distortions of entities which are perhaps the equal of some of your chemicals which cause disruptions in the energy fields in like manner.

Fang

Ah Spero, I was wondering where you had gone just today, good to see you again.

Yeah I was unsure just what "spirit energy field" referred to specifically, thanks for your (as always) helpful input.
(01-06-2014, 07:10 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Ah Spero, I was wondering where you had gone just today, good to see you again.

Yeah I was unsure just what "spirit energy field" referred to specifically, thanks for your (as always) helpful input.

I was channeling some teen angst myself and took a bit of an interlude. thanx for the welcome back. Im not entirely sure what the "spirit energy field" is exactly and just took an educated guess. maybe its something else entirely like a random spiritual shuttle or connection to an external source like a cord...its all supposition without a more direct statement or reference to go off
(01-06-2014, 04:49 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Now, just what constitutes the "spirit energy field" (I know it's not material but you know what I mean) and why would a psychedelic chemical cause such a disruption as to tear a hole?

The physical brain is a wonderful translation device between the tangible world of matter and formless world of mind. The "spirit energy field" is the flow of consciousness between microcosm and macrocosm. The "holes" are created because normal cognitive thought-ways, or associated schema, are often transcended in such a hallucinogenic experience. New channels of thought are opened. These are the "holes". Sometimes they are beneficial pathways of energy, sometimes they are not.

(01-06-2014, 04:49 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Most psychedelics, LSD included are noteworthy for the dramatic effect they induce on consciousness while being almost completely non toxic and being able to exit the body without a trace. Yet they seem very dangerous to the spirit complex, is this danger due to mind more than body? Does the ingestion and resultant change in thought pattern cause stimulation of some kind in the spirit complex that can be "overcharged"?

In my opinion, you are precisely correct, the danger is due to the effect on the mind, though such danger is being offered through the body.

(01-06-2014, 04:49 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Also on the holes in general, is anyone aware of what could cause one in an individual who has not ingested psychedelics, is it perhaps by the same mechanism stimulated by psychedelics?

The mechanism is the channeling of thought. Every thought is like a road that goes somewhere. Trance is a natural state of mind that everybody experiences many times a day, in usually a light form. Trances occur when the focus of consciousness achieves a resonance, this allows normal cognitive pathways to be transcended. Another way of saying this is: when energy is focused, the capacity for change is greater. Trance is a harnessing of attention, which then has the capacity to do work in consciousness (this can happen by accident too). Most people do not have good control of their consciousness, so people playing with deeper and more focused levels of consciousness sometimes create undesirable changes to their consciousness. (People who play with the occult, without knowing what they are doing come to mind.)

You can try this for yourself by picking some word and saying it to yourself over and over again -- in effect, harnessing attention. Eventually, the cohesiveness of association which equals the "meaning" of the word will become so broad that the normal meaning of the word will go away. The "normal association" dissolves.

So, if you were to say "fish" over and over again to yourself. Eventually it wouldn't even sound like English to you after enough repetitions. Your intense focus changes or dissolves its normal cognitive construct.
"They may or may not be entities who wish to serve" I think the idea of holes in this regard refers to the changes in perception one undergoes while in a psychedelic trip, whether it is beneficial in polarization depends on the individual. Whether focus is placed on service etc.

I guess holes really refers unfilled or unknown areas of self within all spheres, acid allows unconscious leakage to be conscious to a degree, very confusing and wonderful at the same time as you are taken back to that primal state of being in a new world, that child like state where new brain pathways are being formed to accommodate new experience.

Fang

Quote:The physical brain is a wonderful translation device between the tangible world of matter and formless world of mind. The "spirit energy field" is the flow of consciousness between microcosm and macrocosm. The "holes" are created because normal cognitive thought-ways, or associated schema, are often transcended in such a hallucinogenic experience. New channels of thought are opened. These are the "holes". Sometimes they are beneficial pathways of energy, sometimes they are not.

Ok, that is quite an interesting take.

Quote:In my opinion, you are precisely correct, the danger is due to the effect on the mind, though such danger is being offered through the body.

Don't you just love interpersonal congruency? Such a marvelous thing lol

Also, I'm in agreement for the rest of your post, thank you anagogy, I hope all is well with you these days.

Quote:I guess holes really refers unfilled or unknown areas of self within all spheres, acid allows unconscious leakage to be conscious to a degree, very confusing and wonderful at the same time as you are taken back to that primal state of being in a new world, that child like state where new brain pathways are being formed to accommodate new experience.

LSD certainly does increase unconscious inflow to the conscious but I don't think we can say holes are unknown areas of self otherwise Ra wouldn't have referred to a specific cause. Everyone has unknown areas of self but not everyone has holes in their spirit field, you dig?

Unbound

Anagogy pretty much spoke my own thoughts. I see it as analogous to neuro-plasticity in a way. The energy field distorts itself according to the relationships betwixt mind/body/spirit and I think things like LSD (which is what I have the most personal experience with) create new relationships between these things which open energy transfers between your different bodies according to new pathways of experience.

Where I think the "holes" come in is the fact that pathways can be created and amplified almost effortlessly while in such a state so you may actually be opening your field to tons of things but it is all compressed in to a moment of psychedelic experience that it can't really be grasped until the effects have worn off. Now, that being said, I think this is dependent on there being distortions pre-existent within the individual which may be amplified, motivated and distorted. I think an individual who is fully balanced would be able to take any psychedelic and be at no risk of fragmentation.

Sometimes I wonder if the use of such drugs is a "self-infringement".
(01-14-2014, 08:24 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The physical brain is a wonderful translation device between the tangible world of matter and formless world of mind. The "spirit energy field" is the flow of consciousness between microcosm and macrocosm. The "holes" are created because normal cognitive thought-ways, or associated schema, are often transcended in such a hallucinogenic experience. New channels of thought are opened. These are the "holes". Sometimes they are beneficial pathways of energy, sometimes they are not.

Ok, that is quite an interesting take.

Quote:In my opinion, you are precisely correct, the danger is due to the effect on the mind, though such danger is being offered through the body.

Don't you just love interpersonal congruency? Such a marvelous thing lol

Also, I'm in agreement for the rest of your post, thank you anagogy, I hope all is well with you these days.

Quote:I guess holes really refers unfilled or unknown areas of self within all spheres, acid allows unconscious leakage to be conscious to a degree, very confusing and wonderful at the same time as you are taken back to that primal state of being in a new world, that child like state where new brain pathways are being formed to accommodate new experience.

LSD certainly does increase unconscious inflow to the conscious but I don't think we can say holes are unknown areas of self otherwise Ra wouldn't have referred to a specific cause. Everyone has unknown areas of self but not everyone has holes in their spirit field, you dig?

When does Ra say LSD is the specific cause ? He sais it sometimes causes these holes.

Unknown areas within current experience, how do you know not everyone has holes in there "spirit field" seems to be why we are here to fill in holes.

Unbound

Also found this, and since I consider LSD and the like to be technology this seemed relevant:

Quote:Therefore, the use of technology to manipulate that outside the self is far, far less of an aid to personal evolution than the disciplines of the mind/body/spirit complex resulting in the whole knowledge of the self in the microcosm and macrocosm.

To the disciplined entity, all things are open and free. The discipline which opens the universes opens also the gateways to evolution. The difference is that of choosing either to hitchhike to a place where beauty may be seen or to walk, step by step, independent and free in this independence to praise the strength to walk and the opportunity for the awareness of beauty.

The hitchhiker, instead, is distracted by conversation and the vagaries of the road and, dependent upon the whims of others, is concerned to make the appointment in time. The hitchhiker sees the same beauty but has not prepared itself for the establishment, in the roots of mind, of the experience.

Fang

(01-14-2014, 04:21 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]When does Ra say LSD is the specific cause ? He sais it sometimes causes these holes.

Well he didn't say it's the specific cause, but either did I lol RollEyes
I said "a specific cause" which it is referred to as.

Quote:Unknown areas within current experience, how do you know not everyone has holes in there "spirit field" seems to be why we are here to fill in holes.

Why would Ra say this
Quote:There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field
If everyone had them?
(01-14-2014, 09:31 PM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2014, 04:21 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]When does Ra say LSD is the specific cause ? He sais it sometimes causes these holes.

Well he didn't say it's the specific cause, but either did I lol RollEyes
I said "a specific cause" which it is referred to as.

Quote:Unknown areas within current experience, how do you know not everyone has holes in there "spirit field" seems to be why we are here to fill in holes.

Why would Ra say this
Quote:There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field
If everyone had them?

Ahh I see missed your meaning.

Well yes Ra speaks like this about concepts because that is the closest description in words we knew, how can someone not have holes when they describe a mechanism of learning and experience ? I mean transposing it onto the dual nature of existence you get whole positive - hole negative. Everyone is whole to begin with the holes creating movement into spirit.
I will try to explain a few things. The use of the word 'hole' by Ra isn't in a negative sense, as though something is missing. You're focusing on the wrong word. He used 'hole', then went on to say 'gateway'. Keep that in mind, I'll get back to my point later on.

The spirit energy field is exactly as the name suggests; the energy field of the spirit. The spirit is something most people can't really comprehend or put into words for the sake of general description, but I think we all can agree that everyone on this forum believes the spirit exists. In short, it is the you that exists beyond the physical, and beyond the mental. It is the part of you that exists on the planes of where the chakras can be found if you were to see them, I think. That being said, the mind/body/spirit is linked. Just like how things that affect the body, affect the mind (and vice versa), things that affect the spirit also affect the body and mind, and vice versa.

(01-06-2014, 04:49 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Ra: I am Ra. This is well with us.
The healing ability, like all other, what this instrument would call paranormal abilities, is effected by the opening of a pathway or shuttle into intelligent infinity. There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field, sometimes created by the ingestion of chemicals such as, what this instrument would call LSD, who are able, randomly and without control, to tap into energy sources. They may or may not be entities who wish to serve. The purpose of carefully and consciously opening this channel is to serve in a more dependable way, in a more commonplace or usual way, as seen by the distortion complex of the healer. To others there may appear to be miracles. To the one who has carefully opened the door to intelligent infinity this is ordinary; this is commonplace; this is as it should be. The life experience becomes somewhat transformed and the great work goes on....

What Ra is saying is this;
For others to heal, their spirits need to tap into, or open parts of themselves (holes), or gateways into undistorted consciousness (I'd call this consciousness Original Consciousness, aka Intelligent Infinity). This happens at varying degrees and at varying intensities. The disciplined and illuminated (for lack of a better term) person can, through their conscious mental effort, open these spiritual gateways that can experience the energy of Intelligent Infinity and use it to heal in a more focused, determined and dependable way. Certain drugs affect the mind and body in such a way that they temporarily open these gateways in the spirit being. Remember, the mind/body/spirit is connected. Some drugs affect the conscious mind in just the right way for that particular individual to cause an opening in their spirit, allowing the down-streaming of the energy of Intelligent Infinity.
This energy is simply felt, passes through the body and continues to move along until the spiritual pathway is closed (the effects of the drug have worn off). Because these people are mostly unaware of the spiritual effects taking place, they do not use this energy. They simply get a 'high', enjoy the buzz and move on. For them, it's solely psychedelic. It is unfocused, and generally there is no conscious intent to heal using that energy. Some users of such drugs may be service-to-self, while others may be of service-to-others. Some may want to be healers and may use such drugs to help do this, but most are not.

Disciplined healers who understand The Law of One can consciously open these spiritual pathways (using thought and meditation) to access the concentrated energy of Intelligent Infinity and direct that energy towards the healing of another. Some are fully aware of why their healing works, while others are not. Yeshua (Jesus) was one such healer who understood the Law of One consciously, and made conscious efforts to open such spiritual gateways for Intelligent Infinity to act through him.

Fang

Quote:Ahh I see missed your meaning.
Fair enough, we are working with a very limited form of conveying meaning, I myself am guilty of the same sins :p

Quote:Well yes Ra speaks like this about concepts because that is the closest description in words we knew, how can someone not have holes when they describe a mechanism of learning and experience ? I mean transposing it onto the dual nature of existence you get whole positive - hole negative. Everyone is whole to begin with the holes creating movement into spirit.

I dunno man, just seems like a fairly arbitrary correlation to me. I respect the view though I just don't share it.

Quote:The spirit energy field is exactly as the name suggests; the energy field of the spirit. The spirit is something most people can't really comprehend or put into words for the sake of general description, but I think we all can agree that everyone on this forum believes the spirit exists. In short, it is the you that exists beyond the physical, and beyond the mental. It is the part of you that exists on the planes of where the chakras can be found if you were to see them, I think. That being said, the mind/body/spirit is linked. Just like how things that affect the body, affect the mind (and vice versa), things that affect the spirit also affect the body and mind, and vice versa.

The mind/body/spirit aspects are indeed linked, that's why it's called a mind/body/spirit complex. You make a good point though.
I agree with your post for the most part. One thing though is I don't think healers and such are tapping into "intelligent infinity", sure they are making use of intelligent energy but it's not quite the same thing.
You're right though they are gateways and perhaps I should have leaned more towards that meaning when creating the thread, the reason I didn't and why I made the distinction is because they are uncontrolled gateways caused by disruption, thus the slightly negative overtone.

Thankyou for your input
Here is my (over?)simplification of sdrawkcab's post just above. Someone can dedicate self to service and do the careful things to grow into an adept with awareness to develop the "openings" to infinite energy and "gateways" to infinite intelligence.

Another person, by accident or desiring a shortcut, might take a chemical and get "holes." What that person does next, I extrapolate, might gradually improve them into gateways, or have them stay that way, providing rough entree into confusing spiritual experiences, or just back off and let them "heal up" over time.

Please correct me if I got that wrong.
(01-14-2014, 10:22 PM)sdrawkcab Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to explain a few things. The use of the word 'hole' by Ra isn't in a negative sense, as though something is missing. You're focusing on the wrong word. He used 'hole', then went on to say 'gateway'.

Good point sdrawkcab and thank you for making it. I had not placed sufficient emphasis on the "gateway" part of their statement and had hurriedly assumed that a hole necessarily meant something was missing, or had been lost, or that damage was rendered.

I've heard spoken the possibility of "blowing a hole in ones aura" and have always conceived of that situation thusly: An entity experiences more power/energy/truth/light-The-Big-Picture than he or she can adequately handle, understand, and integrate and BAM, a hole. (Maybe not so dramatically as the capital letters indicate.) Perhaps similar to more water rushing through a dam or irrigation channel that was not designed to withstand and handle the force, and some of the structure blows or gives way.

But "gateway" presents a different perspective.

(01-14-2014, 10:22 PM)sdrawkcab Wrote: [ -> ]What Ra is saying is this;
For others to heal, their spirits need to tap into, or open parts of themselves (holes), or gateways into undistorted consciousness (I'd call this consciousness Original Consciousness, aka Intelligent Infinity). This happens at varying degrees and at varying intensities. The disciplined and illuminated (for lack of a better term) person can, through their conscious mental effort, open these spiritual gateways that can experience the energy of Intelligent Infinity and use it to heal in a more focused, determined and dependable way. Certain drugs affect the mind and body in such a way that they temporarily open these gateways in the spirit being. Remember, the mind/body/spirit is connected. Some drugs affect the conscious mind in just the right way for that particular individual to cause an opening in their spirit, allowing the down-streaming of the energy of Intelligent Infinity.

Why this is so - that is, why changes made to the biochemistry of the brain by micograms of a particular chemical can yield these sorts of changes to spirit, that which is wholly non-physical (but of course integrated into the indivisible "complex" of self) - is a question I would love to ask.

Great point regarding the difference between the intentional and disciplined opening versus the unintentional and random opening.

Interesting that the "tiniest iota", according to Ra, contains the whole thing, the entire one infinite Creator. Yet, to the extent we have a separate identity with its own memory and sense of self that seems to be not all that there is, we exist in a sort of closed-off, self-contained system, you might say. A system requiring gateways and pathways and openings to connect or re-connect the separate system to intelligent infinity, that which it already is, ultimately. That which is was never other than.

(01-14-2014, 10:22 PM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Also on the holes in general, is anyone aware of what could cause one in an individual who has not ingested psychedelics, is it perhaps by the same mechanism stimulated by psychedelics?

I would do what Spero said and make a purely suppositional statement, in the absence of any evidence or authoritative statement, and guess that non-psychadelic opening of this gateway would look similar in terms of changes to the brain, but come as a result of learning lessons, and using the faculties of will and faith in a disciplined manner over time.

Another way to say this: The "hole" or "gateway" triggered by chemicals, and the hole or gateway opened by disciplined effort, may both have similar manifestations in the brain, but the latter will not wear off with the chemical, rather it will be an either permanent, or at least more enduring, change to the structure and operation of the brain.

In terms of what precisely non-chemical means stimulates the gateway opening? Why, knowing the self, accepting the self, and becoming the Creator, of course. : )

I am sure that there are many techniques available for developing this ability, none of which I am versed in save for prayer and basic sending of love/light, but at its heart are the disciplines of the personality that yield an entity who has gradually begun to dismantle the veil, to dissolve the illusion of the individual identity, and to awaken to the all-self, which is to say, the infinite one being.

I think that in general may begin to open the pathways. But all skills seem to require some learning and development.

74.11 Ra: As the consciousness of the indigo ray becomes more crystalline, more work may be done; more may be expressed from intelligent infinity.
(01-22-2014, 06:31 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Why this is so - that is, why changes made to the biochemistry of the brain by micograms of a particular chemical can yield these sorts of changes to spirit, that which is wholly non-physical (but of course integrated into the indivisible "complex" of self) - is a question I would love to ask.

The spirit is not what is changing, rather it's the pattern that the mind offers for the local actualization of spirit that changes. The more balanced the mind, the higher vibration of spirit that is provided. Crystals can serve as circumstantial balancing aids by "regularizing", and drugs can do so to in a random manner. But in each case, they use what balance had been achieved so far.
(01-22-2014, 06:31 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]Why this is so - that is, why changes made to the biochemistry of the brain by micograms of a particular chemical can yield these sorts of changes to spirit, that which is wholly non-physical (but of course integrated into the indivisible "complex" of self) - is a question I would love to ask.

(01-22-2014, 09:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]The spirit is not what is changing, rather it's the pattern that the mind offers for the local actualization of spirit that changes. The more balanced the mind, the higher vibration of spirit that is provided. Crystals can serve as circumstantial balancing aids by "regularizing", and drugs can do so to in a random manner. But in each case, they use what balance had been achieved so far.

You said "the spirit is not what is changing". That doesn't seem entirely clear from Ra's statement, "There are many upon your plane who have a random hole or gateway in their spirit energy field..."

Your position could be correct, I don't know either way, but judging by Ra's word choice here, it stands to reason that the changes rendered are to the "spirit energy field". Ra didn't say, "...a random hole or gateway in the mind complex which relates to the spirit energy field..."

I think that the spirit portion of our tri-part self can and is developed as we evolve through this and other densities.

The only thing to which I ascribe the quality of unchanging-ness is the original intelligent infinity, undifferentiated unity. Though by that point it's beyond all human conception, including categories of change vs. not change. Mystical testimony seems to indicate that that which changes is the illusion, not the infinite and eternal.

While it's evident that psychoactive chemicals like psilocybin and LSD do causes changes in brain chemistry, perhaps it is not the brain/mind alone that renders the hole or gateway in the spirit energy field; perhaps there is a multi-dimensional or time/space component to the physical chemical that acts upon those corresponding multi-dimensional or time/space aspects of the self? Dunno.

Among my fascinations is the question of how and why modifications of the physical vehicle's chemical composition can create changes in consciousness and open new opportunities for understanding/growth. That they do is not in question, but the how/why is.
The spiritual field characteristics change based on the structure provided by mind. The drug affects body which affects mind which affects spirit. The drug does not affect spirit directly.

Besides chemistry and crystals, emotional patterns also dictate how spirit is able to manifest.
There's a few comments by Seth on the effects of LSD;

Session 638, p.168, The Nature of Personal Reality, Seth Wrote:In therapy using massive doses of LSD, a condition of chemically enforced insanity takes place. By insanity, I mean a situation in which the conscious mind is forced into a state of powerlessness. There is a literal assault made not only upon the psyche, but upon the organizational framework that makes it possible for you to exist rationally in the world that you know. The ego, of course, cannot be annihilated in physical life. Kill one and another will, and must, emerge from the inner self which is its source.

Session 638, p.169, The Nature of Personal Reality, Seth Wrote:The landscape of the psyche is indeed revealed, bringing good data to the psychiatrist. But the experiences undergone by the patients and all of this applies to massive doses - represent the enactment, through terrible encounter, of the species" birth into consciousness, and its death as consciousness falls back annihilated; followed by its rebirth as the individual patient struggles to emerge again from dimensions not native under those conditions. The deepest biological and psychic structures are altered. I did not say they were damaged, though they may be according to the situation. Consciousness is assaulted at its roots. When periods of transcendence are felt under such conditions, they represent the psychic birth of a new personality from the sources of the old, and from the death, psychically, of the old. In some cases the genetic messages have changed, in that they are different. This is psychic slaying in a technological framework. Under LSD you are highly suggestible. If you are told that the ego must die then you will kill it. You will telepathically follow the ideas of your guide under even the best of conditions. The psychic "rebirth" may leave you with a completely new set of problems, rising on the bed of the old and as yet undecipherable. The new ego is quite aware of the conditions of its birth. It knows it was born out of the death of its predecessor, and for all its feelings of transcendent joy, natural enough at its birth, it fears that annihilation from which it sprang. The natural creature-integrity is not the same. The physical world will never be trusted in quite the same way. The alliance with it is not as secure. The "self" that was born into the body, and grew with it, has gone, and another "self" has risen from that previous organization. Such self-changes happen naturally as life progresses, and when the self modulates at any given time, it is different from what it was.

Session 638, p.171, The Nature of Personal Reality, Seth Wrote:Such massive doses of LSD chemically activate all levels of cellular memory to such an extent that in certain terms they are no longer in charge of themselves, and the memories can then emerge unpredictably when the system is under stress. The fine biological and psychological alliance is now weakened.
It is like burning out electrical cables with an load it can't take. The spirit field forms/informs the mind, as the body does; with communication of data. The damaging of the spirit complex manifests as disruptions in the minds ability and comprehension from/to the spirit field.

The spirit complex in function is akin to a memory bank. The brain sends/receives from this memory bank. The brain only process short term memory as a means to function. All long term, and archetypes of Intelligence originate from the spirit complex.

One of the main effects will show up in a beings memory, and ability to remember. How they process information.

The damage does heal to a degree, if the entity can stay with in a range of thought/balance for long periods. However the damage will not be completely healed, that I know of.

The healing takes years.