Bring4th

Full Version: The Ra Material is the most powerful literature in existence.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Its power is greatly limited for those who take it solely as strict doctrine and treat it as an authority.

For those who treat themselves as their sole authority on knowledge, for those who warp, twist and experiment with its words in their mind, expanding, theorizing and truly contemplating what lies within these books will find great fruit, greater fruit than the ones who limit themselves to a bookcase of knowledge -- for true knowledge is found solely within the self.

There is no knowledge in the world of doctrine and academics; There is only bounds and chains. Books are tools towards truth. Books and figures, even Ra themselves, are not truth. Scholarship is for slavers and slaves.

Unbound

What about for those who have no attachment to power?
yes, I fully agree Adonai.

knowledge really has no meaning until applied to the self, and converted into understandings, which are then exemplified and practiced in one's thoughts and life. When that happens, the knowledge has been 'integrated'.

and it is also true that there are no 'authorities'; the self is an oracle unto itself; just witness the amazing dream landscapes that we create for outselves each night, as the unconscious attempts to communicate deeper understandings and truth to the conscious portion of ourself.

the Ra material, like all other sources, is best used as a springboard for internal seeking, and to translate the 'words' into 'understandings' that our soul can 'recognise'.

applied understandings is that which lifts the kundalini and is the barometer of how well unified we are able to perceive (ie interpret) our experience.
(01-07-2014, 12:23 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]What about for those who have no attachment to power?

They rest in trust and leisure without attachment to a desire to create.

Fang

Quote:Scholarship is for slavers and slaves.
I personally prefer the term "gentleman" *puffs pipe*. "Scholar" originally meant "a man of leisure" with which he could pursue that which he desired, quite often by attempting to understand the world that they inhabited. To freely pursue what one desires due to the leisure available hardly seems constricting or worthy of "slave" status.

Those who "warp, twist..." the words of a text will likely warp and twist it's intended meaning lol and thus be examining a product more of their own creation which of course would be more satisfying to the individual as it would fulfill their biases to a greater extent but learning would be slowed. And when we learn of that which is shared and not just particular to us and our biases we can help others learn.

But yeah I'm just gonna say that "The Ra Material is the most powerful literature in existence." is an assertion bound by many chains.
(01-07-2014, 12:37 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]...

Those who "warp, twist..." the words of a text will likely warp and twist it's intended meaning lol and thus be examining a product more of their own creation which of course would be more satisfying to the individual as it would fulfill their biases to a greater extent but learning would be slowed. And when we learn of that which is shared and not just particular to us and our biases we can help others learn.

Many claims to "intended meanings" are the very warps and twists you speak of. Books can only be interpreted as far as the meaning is defined by its author. Any other claims to objective and "intended meaning" are founded only in false authority.
What do you suppose makes the Ra material "the most powerful literature in existence"?

Fang

The "intended meaning" of a text (or anything displayed by another individual) is not something you can 100% comprehend, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to get close.

There's a difference between having respect for an author and their works and setting them as an authority figure who must be believed 100%. I do not understand why you are so often keen to elevate things to an absolute status...

Have you ever been sick? Are you glad that someone took the time to learn of that ailment and how it can be cured? Or the person that studied a localized discovery so that it could applied for the benefit of all people? Or do you reject their desire to help others and see them as slaves who should be meditating? How are you going to help anyone if you have nothing to offer?
Loaded comment but I want to get this point through.

I am what many would consider a scholar (not to blow my own horn lol) and I seem to be much less bound by chains to the Ra material than you are. Consider that.

The closest to "objective" ie.macrocosmic understanding we can get is what is shared. I see the endeavour to increase and refine the shared understanding of the world around us as a rather noble goal.

As for "the Ra material is the most powerful literature in existence" comment, as Austin asked, why do you think that is the case?

Edit: clarity
"Scholarship" is basically book learning. The Ra Material is a book. Gee whiz and whaddya know.
The Archetypes are the most effective training aid towards spiritual development. Ra gives the greatest foundation towards their study. The power in these teachings is underestimated greatly.
Convenient explanation, thank you.

Fang

Quote:The Archetypes are the most effective training aid towards spiritual development. Ra gives the greatest foundation towards their study. The power in these teachings is underestimated greatly.

why is this a reason to dismiss all academic knowledge and endeavour? As for saying "the most effective" that sounds like something founded on assigning false authority to the author Wink
(01-07-2014, 01:36 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]As for saying "the most effective" that sounds like something founded on assigning false authority to the author Wink
Quite ironically, a symbol epitomizing authority was used as the archetype of experience.
(01-07-2014, 01:26 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]The Archetypes are the most effective training aid towards spiritual development. Ra gives the greatest foundation towards their study. The power in these teachings is underestimated greatly.

yes, Adonai, look we have the same Favourite Topic. Absolutely favourite. Smile

and yet, despite all the threads that JustLikeYou has started, all the threads I started, and all the threads you start, and despite the Archetypes taking up the bulk of Volume 4 (which equates to the last 20-25 sessions, or almost a quarter of the material), the response from most people, who are genuinely interested in Ra and learning, is that they remain tepid and less than enthusiastic. Why do you think that is?

is it because they are somehow opaque and lacking in intelligence? surely not? I would give more credit than that to my fellow brother and sister seekers.

is it because they somehow lack dedication and resolve to learn this pattern of 21 nodes, and delve deeply as we have? surely not. They have just as much time and will as we do, surely.

then why does it appeal to a handful of individuals (maybe throw Tanner into that mix), and out of the 100's of members that have passed through in the last 3 years, it has not caught their attention or interest?

- -

why do you think that is?

I have thought about this question myself, and the only reason I can come up with is that it is a tool that we (that is you, me, and a few others) somehow instintively resonate with (resonate in the sense of - I like that flavor of icecream and prefer it), and it is a tool that have leaned on and can extract maximum efficiency out of. And indeed, the archetypal level of mind is deep, and it is core to this Logos, and it is relatively pure in its streams and flows. It is something well worth tapping into.

and yet there are many other tools for seeking, which can lead to balancing and harmonization of self. There are another handful of individuals here who lean heavily on the tools of psychology, and, in my humble estimation, have been able to use it as just an effective as a scalpel and delineator as the archetypes. They are able to reverse projections at will, and locate the inner imbalance very quickly.

others rely on feeling and energy to identify blockages, and while not as exacting as the psychological tools above, sometimes the quick correction of a belief pattern associated with an energy centre is all that is needed to redress a problem. And that works for them.

- -

so while you and I Adonai may continue to extoll the virtues of the archetypes, and explore them in the leisure of our own rooms, what is witnessed there is a very much like a private viewing of the Logos; it can't really be translated into language, the concepts are personal experiences, and the insights that come from it cannot be inlaid into the awareness of others without the preceding preparatory work that made the possibility of attaining that insight in the first place.

in short, as I've seen you hint and try to inspire and leave breadcrumbs, it is not something that can be shared, and therefore not something that can directly be taught. The patterns are there, already outlined by Ra, to the extent that Don's questions permitted an answer, and it is a tool ready to be learnt if one has he desire. If the desire is absent, it is like the most gleaming diamond sitting under your bed; if there is no desire to seek, it will not be found.

what I have come to appreciate is that if these 'insights' cannot be shared or taught, then it is not able to be pressed into service for others. True, it is that we can apply the self-transformations that the archetypes yield to ourselves, to become a more pure and brighter being and channel. We can use it to refine and harness ourselves. So it hones or tunes the instrument for service. But the archetypes, as we experience them, cannot be directly transmitted to the other, so in that respects, it is not a direct avenue for service. The archetypes are the training centre for the mind for those that wish it.

so yes, we can point and point and we can start thread after thread, but people are just not interested. Its not their method of seeking, and it is absolutely not the only way to attain clarity or purpose of being.

there are a diversity of ways to seek.

and one can become ok with that.

If someone wants them, the archetypes are there and waiting. There is no rush at all Smile

plenum
Quote:93.14 Questioner: Then the adept, in becoming familiar with the Logos’s archetype in each case, would then be able to most efficiently use the Logos’s plan for evolution. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. In the archetypical mind one has the resource of not specifically a plan for evolution but rather a blueprint or architecture of the nature of evolution. This may seem to be a small distinction, but it has significance in perceiving more clearly the use of this resource of the deep mind.
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=deep+mind

michael430

[deleted]
Teach/learn and learn/teach. What is that? What does it mean to learn? What does it mean to teach? And how do those two actions relate to each other?
This question reminds me at this quote of Ra I read yesterday (hope it wasn't a rhetorical question because I didn't read the whole thread).

Quote:15.22 Questioner: You also said that you offered the Law of One, which is the balancing of love/light and light/love. Is there any difference between love/light and light/love?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the final question of this time/space. There is the same difference between love/light and light/love as there is between teach/learning and learn/teaching. Love/light is the enabler, the power, the energy giver. Light/love is the manifestation which occurs when light has been impressed with love.

I would say a good teacher always tries to get into a conversation with his pupils. He is not afraid to give up his standpoint in a discussion, because he doesn't feel that he has to defend his own position. This makes it easy for him to loose his opinion/position and to learn from his pupils. The main goal such a teacher has is "finding the truth" or at least "getting closer to the truth" in interaction with others (which is a service).

For me, teaching and learning are just from the outside two different activities. You could maybe argue that the teacher also possesses some kind of authority but this is not always the case in my opinion. If you go to the core, both words describe the same activity which is "finding the truth" in interaction with others.

Unbound

(01-07-2014, 12:36 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2014, 12:23 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]What about for those who have no attachment to power?

So all creation is just about power?
(01-07-2014, 04:14 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]

Ever since The Significator has been introduced, the concept of power has been a notable component. Some systems have no concept of power for they are without purpose and without complex desires.
(01-07-2014, 03:06 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]Teach/learn and learn/teach. What is that? What does it mean to learn? What does it mean to teach? And how do those two actions relate to each other?
With regards to learn/teach, Ra said "attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make." Discernment requires an act of evaluation which is the only way experience is formed here. (too much intuition without conscious evaluation = ungrounded imbalance). Thus the "fruit" of learning is evidenced by how experience is related.
(01-07-2014, 10:39 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since The Significator has been introduced, the concept of power has been a notable component. Some systems have no concept of power for they are without purpose and without complex desires.

Do you mean the complex significator? The significator itself was known in the previous octave. See 78.10.
(01-07-2014, 01:26 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]The Archetypes are the most effective training aid towards spiritual development. Ra gives the greatest foundation towards their study. The power in these teachings is underestimated greatly.

Or maybe it's not underestimated but just not interesting nor pertinent to ones path. Whenever I have read about them and especially after I bought the tarot deck, I get this immediate response of "what for?" in my mind. Becoming an adept has never interested me and this is probably why others don't share your same enthusiasm. If it's simply not in others cards, it doesn't mean that one is underestimating anything. It's just not their cup of tea, that's all.

Neither side is right or wrong. Just different paths that's all
(01-07-2014, 10:47 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2014, 10:39 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since The Significator has been introduced, the concept of power has been a notable component. Some systems have no concept of power for they are without purpose and without complex desires.

Do you mean the complex significator? The significator itself was known in the previous octave. See 78.10.
Indeed I do. I'm glad you mention this.

In fact, I believe (my own theory) in both octaves The Significator was introduced as the original third archetype as opposed to The Catalyst. The system we have now is greatly convoluted from the original line-up.
I have the idea that the significator was the original archetype. I might have gotten the idea from this quote:

Quote:78.12 Questioner: Would you elucidate with respect to the significator you spoke of?

Ra: I am Ra. The original significators may undifferentiatedly be termed the mind, the body, and the spirit.
At times it seems like the people on this board are doing the discernment for the one who is attempting to teach/learn. Contribution is appreciated bc we have great learning moments together anyway. Just wondering when that part of you who will be your own questioner will show,up rather than us showing up and questioning your findings? It's useful to get feedback but you get hurt bc of it. Understandably, your relationship with authority is yet to be resolved. To be good at something like a guide means you are also good at being guided. Thru that dynamic you may learn about power and how to use ones power to serve others.

Unbound

(01-07-2014, 10:39 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

Ever since The Significator has been introduced, the concept of power has been a notable component. Some systems have no concept of power for they are without purpose and without complex desires.

How do you tie the Significator to power and why does power denote purpose and complex desires? I am not really sure I follow.
(01-07-2014, 11:09 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]I have the idea that the significator was the original archetype. I might have gotten the idea from this quote:

Quote:78.12 Questioner: Would you elucidate with respect to the significator you spoke of?

Ra: I am Ra. The original significators may undifferentiatedly be termed the mind, the body, and the spirit.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=8573

(01-08-2014, 12:48 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2014, 10:39 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you tie the Significator to power and why does power denote purpose and complex desires? I am not really sure I follow.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=8574
(01-07-2014, 12:02 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Its power is greatly limited for those who take it solely as strict doctrine and treat it as an authority.

For those who treat themselves as their sole authority on knowledge, for those who warp, twist and experiment with its words in their mind, expanding, theorizing and truly contemplating what lies within these books will find great fruit, greater fruit than the ones who limit themselves to a bookcase of knowledge -- for true knowledge is found solely within the self.

There is no knowledge in the world of doctrine and academics; There is only bounds and chains. Books are tools towards truth. Books and figures, even Ra themselves, are not truth. Scholarship is for slavers and slaves.

i have no desire to have more power than any thing else we all are equal and we all are one. positive and goodness is all i wish and aim to feel. if we all thought like this the world would be 500 times more advanced
(01-08-2014, 12:23 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]At times it seems like the people on this board are doing the discernment for the one who is attempting to teach/learn. Contribution is appreciated bc we have great learning moments together anyway. Just wondering when that part of you who will be your own questioner will show,up rather than us showing up and questioning your findings? It's useful to get feedback but you get hurt bc of it. Understandably, your relationship with authority is yet to be resolved. To be good at something like a guide means you are also good at being guided. Thru that dynamic you may learn about power and how to use ones power to serve others.

To be a spirit guide to others has been one of my greatest dreams.