Bring4th

Full Version: have you had changes in diet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra gave this answer when asked about the healing of cancer, and working through anger issues (anger at unwelcome catalyst, and thereby not utilizing that catalyst)

Quote:40.13 The other portion of healing has to do with forgiveness of self and a greatly heightened respect for the self.

This may conveniently be expressed by taking care in dietary matters.

This is quite frequently a part of the healing and forgiving process.

now, this is not to stir up the whole debate of 'what is the ***BEST MOST AWESOME DIET*** on the planet', and indeed, some changes in diet may involve the removal of foodstuffs that start with the letter 'm' and the word has four letters, but definitely Ra is suggesting that a greater care and respect for the self will reflect itself necessarily in the food that we stuff down our gullet and into our stomachs.

one instant change I noticed was that switching from commercial grade (average supermarket level) nuts like cashews, walnuts etc to the organic variety is that any pimple issues I had just went away. It was due to either the chemicals involved, or more likely, some rancidity in the oils that the nuts from the supermarket had from being on the shelf and in storage for so long.

so yeah, care in diet really is about a respect for the self, and that it really is worth the effort and time to take care of this physical vehicle of ours.

Plenum

Fang

I live like a warrior, so naturally I eat like one

http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/weight+los...diet,23882

It's been a recent change, I used to just eat whatever I could afford (from one meal of rice a day to fancy restaurants). The change came from the realization that there is no duality in the body-mind relationship and to nurture one is to nurture the other.
I'm sure I've shared my dietary changes plenty. I'll give this: I haven't been sick since I went vegan. It's been a year and a half so this is Iowa winter #2 without any cold/influenza symptoms whatsoever. Never do I get indigestion either, and that used to be a big ailment of mine. On the occasion I do eat something I'm "not supposed to" (like if someone gives me a pastry or when I would use some chai powder at work!) it alters my chemistry enough so that I smell. I don't use soap or anything much anymore which isn't a problem if I eat cleanly, and when I don't I get an obvious and obnoxious manifestation of an adulterant.

I have always believed Ra's words in that any conscious change in diet is a valuable way to respect yourself. I don't advocate for veganism unless someone shows interest first. It really is a commitment and it takes a good solid 6 months before one's tastebuds change to truly enjoy it.

Lately I've had a little bit of extra acne, I think it might have been all the extra caffeine I was consuming at work, or maybe the sugar. I have drank coffee since age 5 and quit once at around age 20 and had such a caffeine withdrawal migraine, it lasted for weeks. It's something I want to try again soon.
I eat very little, and what I do eat is for the most part vegan. People keep telling me I will get sick if I keep up this diet as it doesn't meet my nutritional requirements. I feel ok though, we'll, no worse than I've ever really felt. Diet confuses the hell out of me.
I eat way better than before and take care of my body much better, as I have had tendency to forget to eat or to remember I have a body in my earlier year lol.

The catalyst that changed my lifestyle was about appreciation for self, for this opportunity to live here, and for my parents who did their best to bring me up. I thought that the best way to express this gratitude was to be more mindful about diet. Pretty neat transition... Guess when things click the change goes smoothly.

Fang do you also use that sword to cut up your food when you're on the warrior diet lol
Add me to the list. I'm working on going organic vegetarian, which I've done for the usual reasons. Just as much as it had to do with a respect for self, I also did it for respect towards the Earth and working with the natural way of things. I was never an unhealthy eater, but what we don't realize is that we develop a tolerance to unhealthy food that never becomes apparent unless you move more and more into the natural end of things. So if I have something that is highly processed, my stomach senses it or I'll feel it in my head.

We do this with something like alcohol, where tolerance covers up the terrible things it's doing. I've posted on here before that when I all but stopped drinking (few times a year), I had a huge surge in consciousness. Attachment to substance (attachment to body/undisciplined body) seems to be the same as an attachment to mental patterns. Once we learn to stop indulging in certain thought patterns, greater understanding becomes available. The same seems to apply with the body.

I would also add that I think it's helpful to remain a bit carefree. Vegetarians/vegans tend to have a huge list of seemingly ok things that they won't eat. I say relax and enjoy yourself.
Yes and no. I relearned this past year all about optimal nutrition and fitness, but it currently remains as things I should do but don't. I have a new knowledge of what I deem to be healthy but at this moment in time chose not to implement much of it.

[font=Helvetica]Our Emotional Connection with Food
[/font]

“Eating with the fullest pleasure – pleasure, that is, that does not depend on ignorance – is perhaps the profoundest enactment of our connection with the world. In this pleasure we experience and celebrate our dependence and our gratitude, for we are living from mystery, from creatures we did not make and powers we cannot comprehend.”   --Wendell Berry

Compared to other countries, the United States has a rather utilitarian food culture; not necessarily in a good way. Here in the U.S., we tend to view food as fuel; a means to an end rather than a process. We want more of everything, even if it means lowering our standards for quality and ethics. We want to be separate from the process of how our food, both meat and plants, are harvested and produced. We don’t want to see the dirt, blood, pesticides, or sweat that is involved with getting food onto our plates. The reality is, for many in the U.S. we do not want to have an emotional connection with what we eat or who produces what we eat.

[Image: 59ad9855-25d5-4178-8ae1-ca2ded59e53e.jpg]My co-worker, Jordan, and I recently had the privilege of sitting down with a person who understands the profoundly emotional aspect of food. Recently voted this year’s “Sexiest Vegan” by the vegan advocacy organization PETA, Victor Barragan talked with us about his commitment to veganism. Growing up just south of the U.S. in Mexico, Victor developed a love for the animals his family raised on their property. Victor explained to us how he saw these animals as his friends and the thought of eating them as food was problematic for him. This connection informed his process in his decision to become a vegan.

For those who are not well acquainted with veganism, it is one of many ethical food positions whereby those that adhere to it do not consume any foods (and in some cases goods or products) made from animals. This means, no meat, dairy, honey, leather, etc. Veganism occupies an interesting niche in the U.S. food system. On the one hand, its critique of industrialized animal production is relevant and accurate. Industrial meat production has contributed to water contamination, methane gas production (a greenhouse gas), antibacterial resistance, and major ethical questions regarding animal welfare.

On the other hand, its focus on non-animal foods seems to put it at odds with more traditional food cultures; Italian, Greek, French, Mexican, Polynesian etc. These cultures utilize a different emotional connection with food in that people are intimately tied with the food they produce, harvest, and prepare—often including local meats, cheeses, and seafood. Meals are eaten over a long period of time, with family and friends, and there is a greater emphasis on quality over quantity. Ingredients are sourced based on seasonal availability and geographic proximity.

Interestingly, Victor’s approach to veganism is one that utilizes both aspects of the emotional nature of food: he employs an ethical lens to what he eats as well as designing recipes that draw on a sense of cultural place. Victor described his relationship with traditional Mexican recipes: “Because most of the recipes have beans and rice and vegetables in them, they are easy to make vegan.”  These recipes maintain the connection to distinct food cultures while choosing vegan based ingredients. Victor has several videos online demonstrating his vegan cooking ideas while communicating in Spanish, English and Sign language! Check out his YouTubepage to learn more.

Regardless of whether or not one consumes animal products, one of the first steps toward crafting and promoting sustainable food systems is reclaiming the emotional aspect of food and eating.  Feeling connected to what we are eating and who grew or raised our food places us in a community rather than an isolated consumer. When we realize our intimate place in the food equation, we start to see food as more than just a means to an end. 

https://www.wheatgrasskits.com/our-emoti...-195959269

Ohh, a post from over a year and a half ago talking about how I wanted to quit caffeine - and I finally did it this month!! That monkey is off my back!

Lately, my body wants to eat less, which is a weird adjustment, and I vacillate like 5 extra pounds back and forth from days when I eat more to days when I eat what I should probably be eating. I guess the problem is buying less at the store - especially since I buy mostly fresh stuff with a short shelf life, often at the store I will overbuy for the week then feel obligated to consume it. So, I need to aim for smaller shopping trips, even if it means going more often.
I have been working more on being more engaged with my food, however with diet I have been focused on taking care in the proper balancing of foods. I have a tendency to overdo it on acidic and sugary things which upsets my stomach so I am working to cut back on those things while ingesting more grains, salt, carbs, etc.
I stopped eating wheat products, so no pasta, pizza, bread, etc., and I have cut back on grains generally (and certainly no GMO foods). My heartburn and esophageal reflux (and some other problems) vanished immediately, and I lost 33 pounds in a little over a year.
(09-12-2015, 11:54 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped eating wheat products, so no pasta, pizza, bread, etc., and I have cut back on grains generally (and certainly no GMO foods).  My heartburn and esophageal reflux (and some other problems) vanished immediately, and I lost 33 pounds in a little over a year.

Maybe you should check for gluten sensitivity. While its very mainstream these days its a real issue for many people.
(09-12-2015, 11:08 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Lately, my body wants to eat less, which is a weird adjustment, and I vacillate like 5 extra pounds back and forth from days when I eat more to days when I eat what I should probably be eating. I guess the problem is buying less at the store - especially since I buy mostly fresh stuff with a short shelf life, often at the store I will overbuy for the week then feel obligated to consume it. So, I need to aim for smaller shopping trips, even if it means going more often.

I feel the same—wanting to eat less. I have never been a weekly-type shopper. When I lived in town I went almost daily to get fresh produce. My goal is to grow my own food. I have grown some, but ultimately I would like to have enough fruit and nut trees, and fruit-bearing bushes to supply me and the local animals. I had big vegetable gardens when I lived in NY but it was so easy there. In the desert it's another story. 
Yeah, I have big plans for growing lots of food next summer, now that I'm more familiar with the land. Squashes, melons, cantaloupes, gourds, and peppers grow well, and I can eat summer squash forever. I'll be set.
(01-08-2014, 07:32 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra gave this answer when asked about the healing of cancer, and working through anger issues (anger at unwelcome catalyst, and thereby not utilizing that catalyst)

Quote:40.13 The other portion of healing has to do with forgiveness of self and a greatly heightened respect for the self.

This may conveniently be expressed by taking care in dietary matters.

This is quite frequently a part of the healing and forgiving process.

now, this is not to stir up the whole debate of 'what is the ***BEST MOST AWESOME DIET*** on the planet', and indeed, some changes in diet may involve the removal of foodstuffs that start with the letter 'm' and the word has four letters, but definitely Ra is suggesting that a greater care and respect for the self will reflect itself necessarily in the food that we stuff down our gullet and into our stomachs.

one instant change I noticed was that switching from commercial grade (average supermarket level) nuts like cashews, walnuts etc to the organic variety is that any pimple issues I had just went away.  It was due to either the chemicals involved, or more likely, some rancidity in the oils that the nuts from the supermarket had from being on the shelf and in storage for so long.

so yeah, care in diet really is about a respect for the self, and that it really is worth the effort and time to take care of this physical vehicle of ours.

Plenum

you can't say something like this without a before and after pic! let's see. i'm happy for you that going organic and starting to look at what is put into food that makes our bodies react the way that they do

i have had to stop eating dairy otherwise my body just eats itself alive trying to expel something that is in it.
i like to eat crappy food once in a while still Sad 0

though i like to learn while i'm cooking. like for example if you only lightly fry peppers you can still have that raw crunch, it's when things get blackened or caramelized is when you distort the auric fields and the nutrients coming from it.

so i don't mind that with onions, but i try to limit how much things get cooked, pasta al dente, and then like just briefly cooked vegetables, so it's at least warm.

anyway i think umm trying to incorporate a balanced aspect, like one day i'll eat crap but then i'll try to have a raw veggie juice to even it out. for weight management purposes, i need to keep wheats and grains to a minimum since it doesn't really help me gain any muscle and just adds sugar .

i do end up craving crap from time to time, and my diet gives me space to do just that... but i feel my taste in food changing, ice cream just doesn't do it for me anymore..

after getting used to the coconut cream ice cream and almond milk ice cream or even organic milk ice cream, it's still lacking something..

i'm more satisfied with umm weird things now.. like dried vegetable chips.. and then raw veggie juice and i think i'm reconstituting it in my belly. i should just eat the vegetables themselves but... ehh it feels like what i'm doing is tastier... and simple to obtain.

what am i juicing these days: cucumber, kale, tachyonized blue green algae if you want to try it too https://store.planet-tachyon.com/brands/...-Food.html , lemon, green pepper, chia seeds, raw local honey, celtic sea salt http://www.celticseasalt.com , turmeric, spinach, carrot, (strawberry and banana is optional or substitute with mango and pineapple)

This sounds like it will be bitter, but if you bless it with your intention, well it tastes sweeter.
Tomato tart made with our own heirloom tomatoes and basil (almond-meal crust):

[Image: Caprese_tart_8-26-2015_1_zpsyhss5inc.jpg]

Some stuff from our garden this year:

[Image: Peppers_8-22-2015_1_zpsoa1ghn1y.jpg]

[Image: Harvest_7-23-2015_zpsi5mdwjyg.jpg]

[Image: Carrots_1_zpsbmiksnuc.jpg]

[Image: Summer_veg_2_zpsjo5bcfjt.jpg]
Eddie: Wow! Could you please post the recipe for that delicious-looking tart?
(09-12-2015, 04:26 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Eddie: Wow! Could you please post the recipe for that delicious-looking tart?

My wife made that.  I don't think she has a written recipe, but I will ask her if she'll get on here and tell you how she made it.  The filling is simple...sliced heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil (and we sometimes drizzle olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar on it).  The crust is almond meal and grated parmesan cheese held together with egg white.  She bakes the crust beforehand in a two-piece piecrust pan, then adds the filling after the crust cools.  But I don't know the proportions of what goes into the crust.

And yes, it tastes even better than it looks. Smile
Very nice, Eddie.  You're fortunate to be able to grow such great foods.  It's inspiring.  I hope to get a small greenhouse set up soon to start growing things - here in the mountains, it can be tricky to get your plants to survive but we're going to give it a try.  

Great post, dude.
I stopped eating meat around xmas. Stopped most processed food since re-discovering the Ra material.
My average day goes like this:
Breakfast: Nutribullet linseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin kernels, frozen strawberries, banana, honey, greek yoghurt, water.
Lunch: Wrap with salad
Dinner: Veges or something.
Sometimes, when I'm fasting (which I do for about 2 days once every couple of weeks) I just drink water all the time.
Or sometimes, I like to nutribullet brekkie then just eat nuts all day n drink heaps of water til dinner.
My diet hasn't changed much. There are other symbols of self-respect I rely on much more.
Yes, i had important changes in my diet. For example, in 2013 i stopped drinking coke and i've seen good things in a few months. When i visited a family friend, she said, my skin looks brighter.

In addition to this, i try to eat processed meat as little as possible. Since these are detrimental for colons.

I'm sorry if all these is boring. I've just wanted to share something
Got my spirit guides to convince me that I should have as the basic constituing part of my diet, plants and such, instead of meat.

It doesn't mean I wont eat meat, just that I can no longer think of "meat" as the main part of my diet, this is because of migraines and Creuzfelt the mad moo disease.

I am now in the process of trying to procure a good... asian... maid... to make me salads and nurse me back to health...
I was 98kg at xmas...now I'm 75 Smile
I feel like lightworkers' bodies don't like meat.
(09-12-2015, 04:26 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Eddie: Wow! Could you please post the recipe for that delicious-looking tart?

Heirloom Tomato Tart in a Parmesan Crust

Ingredients:

6 perfect, colorful, medium-sized heirloom tomatoes - washed and sliced 1/6-inch thick
1 t. fine-grain sea salt
2 cups of almond meal
white of 1 egg (as binder)
1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, well chilled + cut into 1/4-inch cubes
4-ounce chunk of good fresh Parmesan, microplane-grated (you should end up with about 2 cups loosely packed grated cheese. Save any leftover grated cheese for sprinkling on the crusts when they come out of the oven.
2 T. ice cold water
2T. best quality extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup slivered basil

Special equipment: tart pan(s), pie weights, paper towels

Preheat the oven to 350˚F.

Prep the tomatoes:
To avoid a soggy crust later on, you need to rid the tomatoes of some of their liquid. Clear a space on your counter and put down a double layer of absorbent paper towels. Place the tomatoes in a single layer on the paper towels and sprinkle them with about 1 teaspoon fine-grained sea salt. Top the tomatoes with another layer of paper towels and press gently. Let the tomatoes sit here until you are ready to use them.

Make the tart crust(s):
Mix the almond meal, egg white, butter, and Parmesan by hand until it holds together.  You may still have some pieces of butter visible, and that is fine.  Dump the dough into the tart pan and, working quickly, press the dough uniformly into the pan by pressing across the bottom and working towards the sides and up to form a rim. Place in the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes.

Bake the tart crust:
Pull the tarts out of the refrigerator and poke each a few times with the tongs of a fork. Cover the tart with a square of aluminum foil and fill generously with pie weights. Place on a baking sheet and slide the tart onto the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, pull the shell out of the oven and very gently peel back and remove the tinfoil containing the pie weights. Place the uncovered tart back in the oven, weight free, and allow to cook for another 10 minutes, or until it is a deep golden brown in color. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little shredded Parmesan (this will act as another barrier to the tomato liquid). Let cool to room temperature before filling.

Assembling the tart:
Just before serving, arrange tomato slices in a concentric pattern inside the tart shell. Drizzle with your best quality extra-virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with the slivered basil. Serve at room temperature.

For the tart with mozzarella, just add slices of fresh mozzarella while layering the tomatoes per your preference.  Also, add a drizzle of good balsamic vinegar in addition to the olive oil.