Bring4th

Full Version: A short message from Bertrand Russell to the future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is 'fact' ? As supposed to theory or intuitive ideas or whatnot...
(01-08-2014, 11:49 PM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]What is 'fact' ? As supposed to theory or intuitive ideas or whatnot...
What do you think?
I think facts are information verified thru repeated, empirical and non-empirical investigations.

I asked first tho, what do you think?
What does "think" mean?
(01-09-2014, 12:49 AM)rie Wrote: [ -> ]I think facts are information verified thru repeated, empirical and non-empirical investigations.

I asked first tho, what do you think?
Beliefs consistent with what we assume to be true.
Yeah I guess it could be a belief because it's not really easy to say this is true or truth, but to say this is closest to the truth based on how I understand the world, etc.,.
Interesting how facts are beliefs. I believe that beliefs limit our worldview. In infinity there is no belief in the All. There is just presence. Heck, I'm not sure if in infinity there is even presence, or of this too is transcended.
Our beliefs get revised each time we incorporate new learning via experience, so there's a stable aspect to it and a more dynamic/changing aspect to it.
(01-09-2014, 06:20 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting how facts are beliefs. I believe that beliefs limit our worldview.
Yes, placing limits is how we may learn because each limitation is unique and may inform according to how it may accept particular possibilities.
(01-09-2014, 06:20 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting how facts are beliefs. I believe that beliefs limit our worldview. In infinity there is no belief in the All. There is just presence. Heck, I'm not sure if in infinity there is even presence, or of this too is transcended.

Bingo. Belief is simply a precursor to knowledge. Once all is known, belief is vestigial.
I still find it amazing that even in an infinity of time, one can know infinite knowledge. Somehow in the higher densities knowing is accelerated. We by our 3D minds cannot possibly comprehend infinity.
We cannot truly know anything here although we ever seek it. This seeking is what gives the concept of knowledge such definition in this realm of The Great Ways of the Mind/Body/Spirit, a system of sevens.