Bring4th

Full Version: Does imagination feed sickness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it healthy to use my imagination to pretend I am receiving 4D energies? Or does this just feed into my schizophrenia? When does imagination start being harmful?
(01-09-2014, 06:10 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When does imagination start being harmful?
The potential for harm occurs when one shifts from free-association to an engaging identification with some elements in the fantasy. The will is a powerful thing and it's a lot like steering a ship. The undiscriminating mind can not know the difference between healthy and non-healthy thoughts, so we can for example charge fragile, ungrounded complexes which become much more dominant in our reality model. Once dominant, the mind incorporates its suggestions and reality is thus presented with that translation.
(01-09-2014, 06:29 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2014, 06:10 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When does imagination start being harmful?
The potential for harm occurs when one shifts from free-association to an engaging identification with some elements in the fantasy. The will is a powerful thing and it's a lot like steering a ship. The undiscriminating mind can not know the difference between healthy and non-healthy thoughts, so we can for example charge fragile, ungrounded complexes which become much more dominant in our reality model. Once dominant, the mind incorporates its suggestions and reality is thus presented with that translation.

Well said. You can create many perceptions of things that are or are not true. You feel something, you associate a thought with the feeling. The next time you think the thought, you can create the feeling that you've associated with the thought. If something causes you to intensify the idea of that thought you will increase the perception of the feeling associated with the thought. Used consciously I can see significant benefit, but used indiscriminately with whatever sensations/thoughts you happen to be enjoying could lead to a lot of wasted energy.
Imagination requires groundedness.

To know it's symbolic rather than literal
To know that it's fantasy and not happening on the mundane level
To know how to calm self down emotionally and not get emotionally entangled

And so there are risks if the basic ability to ground is not solid. If we see images stream, we have to be able to recognize that it is a stream of images and not occurring 'outside' self (in our mundane, perceived reality).

In schizophrenia, the issue is complicated due to the biological issue in the brain. The brain tends to receive the activities of the mind as really happening. Images of the mind can be interpreted as really occurring in front of you. One's own voice hat is heard within one's mind seems to be spoken by external beings.

So added risks.

Argh typing on my mobile is hard... Edited for typos