Bring4th

Full Version: is to love all things the true good path?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i feel it is when u love all things that u realize the little importance of al the material things but i am curious what all you think.
For me it's hard to love all things because there's a lot of bad stuff in the world. Sometimes it's even hard to love myself. I think of death off and on.
(01-10-2014, 01:23 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]For me it's hard to love all things because there's a lot of bad stuff in the world. Sometimes it's even hard to love myself. I think of death off and on.

there is even more good please dont think of death please
i care
There is no true path only an intended path. Since there are an infinite number of possible paths, whether one loves all things or despises all things, their path is their path. No ones path is right or wrong, only intended
u sure it's possible to love all things?
(01-10-2014, 04:17 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]u sure it's possible to love all things?

ofcourse you can even love the most evil thing in the world and i must learn to to give love to all is the awnser nothing not good or bad deserves to be neglected from love, it is possible, just very very hard to acheive because doing this 100%of the time is practically being like the spiritually advanced beings even what we dont love deserves forgivness and to forgive has more power than any one realizes
(01-10-2014, 04:19 PM)MDL5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2014, 04:17 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]u sure it's possible to love all things?

ofcourse you can even love the most evil thing in the world and i must learn to to give love to all is the awnser nothing not good or bad deserves to be neglected from love, it is possible, just very very hard to acheive because doing this 100%of the time is practically being like the spiritually advanced beings even what we dont love deserves forgivness and to forgive has more power than any one realizes

so if some1 were to say... cut off all of your limbs... &/or w/e horrific thing u can imagine... u feel u should love this, too? i can understand forgiving w/e evil is done to you... but loving it too? how? if u're claiming u love everything i'm not sure you're being honest with urself. do u love all foods? even poisonous ones?
(01-10-2014, 04:29 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]

so if some1 were to say... cut off all of your limbs... &/or w/e horrific thing u can imagine... u feel u should love this, too? i can understand forgiving w/e evil is done to you... but loving it too? how? if u're claiming u love everything i'm not sure you're being honest with urself. do u love all foods? even poisonous ones?

u can ofcourse but what i am saying is beyond the physical level and action. i do not mean to love an action i mean the person commiting the action is a human as well and is capeable of doing so much good and they must be taught love. if they cut off my limbs they can only harm my 3d self the love in my heart makes me so much different for the person commiting the act to me but this is what it is about:not looking individually at every little thing u give love to it is to thoughtlessly and constantly radiate love to all things in the universe, if i get my limbs cut off well if that person has me tied down and has an ax woulkd i rather choose to die with hatred filling my heart or to die with pure love for all things? i would mmuch rather die with love and that of course does not mean i would "enjoy" this happening to me nor does it mean love it so i want it to happen to me. of course id rather liv a top a mountain with my family away from everyone living peacfully and if a guy came with a chainsaw formy limbs and he got past the traps i set up and got past me than the unconditional love i have for the universe is always with me i would not let a crazy limb taker take my love for the universe away from me, but mainly we can avoid the limb cutting so thts good
(01-10-2014, 04:37 PM)MDL5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2014, 04:29 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]

u can ofcourse but what i am saying is beyond the physical level and action. i do not mean to love an action i mean the person commiting the action is a human as well and is capeable of doing so much good and they must be taught love. if they cut off my limbs they can only harm my 3d self the love in my heart makes me so much different for the person commiting the act to me but this is what it is about:not looking individually at every little thing u give love to it is to thoughtlessly and constantly radiate love to all things in the universe, if i get my limbs cut off well if that person has me tied down and has an ax woulkd i rather choose to die with hatred filling my heart or to die with pure love for all things? i would mmuch rather die with love and that of course does not mean i would "enjoy" this happening to me nor does it mean love it so i want it to happen to me. of course id rather liv a top a mountain with my family away from everyone living peacfully and if a guy came with a chainsaw formy limbs and he got past the traps i set up and got past me than the unconditional love i have for the universe is always with me i would not let a crazy limb taker take my love for the universe away from me, but mainly we can avoid the limb cutting so thts good
lol

i see what u mean now.
To love all things does not mean what you think it means. Love is acceptance(genuine, not forced). Acceptance of self is the foundation for the following steps ahead to complete acceptance.

It doesn't mean your have to love the smell of farts, the aesthetics of warts or the sound of nails scraping against a blackboard.

You are the microcosm, a reflection of the macrocosm. Unblock the inner and the outer will pour in, clear as day.
(01-10-2014, 04:29 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]so if some1 were to say... cut off all of your limbs... &/or w/e horrific thing u can imagine... u feel u should love this, too? i can understand forgiving w/e evil is done to you... but loving it too? how? if u're claiming u love everything i'm not sure you're being honest with urself. do u love all foods? even poisonous ones?

Its interesting you bring up the particular example of someone cutting of all your limbs and how you should feel about this. In my younger days i read a lot of Theravada Buddhism and there is a particular text that speaks directly to this point and i figured i'd share it since i think its in line with the general trend of this thread. Even if i u dont feel it now, its still a noble ideal to strive towards, and like the passage says, something you should train towards, not an in-built response.

Quote:http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/...n.html#saw
"Monks, even if bandits were to carve you up savagely, limb by limb, with a two-handled saw, he among you who let his heart get angered even at that would not be doing my bidding. Even then you should train yourselves: 'Our minds will be unaffected and we will say no evil words. We will remain sympathetic, with a mind of good will, and with no inner hate. We will keep pervading these people with an awareness imbued with good will and, beginning with them, we will keep pervading the all-encompassing world with an awareness imbued with good will — abundant, expansive, immeasurable, free from hostility, free from ill will.' That's how you should train yourselves.
(01-10-2014, 05:12 PM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]To love all things does not mean what you think it means. Love is acceptance(genuine, not forced). Acceptance of self is the foundation for the following steps ahead to complete acceptance.

It doesn't mean your have to love the smell of farts, the aesthetics of warts or the sound of nails scraping against a blackboard.

You are the microcosm, a reflection of the macrocosm. Unblock the inner and the outer will pour in, clear as day.
i think people are confused, as u say love the smell of farts and the other person said love poisones foods, you do not "love" food you"like" the taste and even if i did love all deadly food it does not mean u hav to eat it! thats where the meaning of love is getting mixed and as far as smells go u can perfer a certain smell but just we need to try not to look at reasons not to love all living things it is better just to go with ur heart on the subject not the mind

(01-10-2014, 07:17 PM)spero Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2014, 04:29 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]so if some1 were to say... cut off all of your limbs... &/or w/e horrific thing u can imagine... u feel u should love this, too? i can understand forgiving w/e evil is done to you... but loving it too? how? if u're claiming u love everything i'm not sure you're being honest with urself. do u love all foods? even poisonous ones?

Its interesting you bring up the particular example of someone cutting of all your limbs and how you should feel about this. In my younger days i read a lot of Theravada Buddhism and there is a particular text that speaks directly to this point and i figured i'd share it since i think its in line with the general trend of this thread. Even if i u dont feel it now, its still a noble ideal to strive towards, and like the passage says, something you should train towards, not an in-built response.

Quote:http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/...n.html#saw
"Monks, even if bandits were to carve you up savagely, limb by limb, with a two-handled saw, he among you who let his heart get angered even at that would not be doing my bidding. Even then you should train yourselves: 'Our minds will be unaffected and we will say no evil words. We will remain sympathetic, with a mind of good will, and with no inner hate. We will keep pervading these people with an awareness imbued with good will and, beginning with them, we will keep pervading the all-encompassing world with an awareness imbued with good will — abundant, expansive, immeasurable, free from hostility, free from ill will.' That's how you should train yourselves.

thats wat i mean!!! see that is the true meaning of love not loving farts or loving deadly foods or loving limbs being sawed off it is the pure emotion in your heart and it is the energy, i see how using the mind and searching for the awnser to hard can make the real message/concept is hard to see