Bring4th

Full Version: Discovering your purpose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello friends,

I was watching a documentary on Near Death Experiences yesterday. There was a segment where a gentlemen recalled the events of his experience and at one point says that he realized he still "had a job to do" back on the earth plane. The entire video resonated strongly with me, and especially significant was that while that segment played out, I had a sudden muscle spasm on my right shoulder. In a very constant fashion the muscle contracted, relaxed. Contracted, relaxed. It felt exactly like someone was behind me, tapping me on the shoulder. Hello!

I have also been given indirect messages about discovering my life's purpose by reading such books as those written by Michael Newton. It seems in almost all hypnotic regression cases, NDE cases or other cases where one is given insight in to the bigger picture, there is an accompanying realization that we are here for specific reasons. Just as Tesla incarnated to free the world of physical darkness with the discovery of electricity, I feel we ALL are here for one reason or maybe two.

I suppose my question is, how do we go about finding out what that purpose is? I suspect that the main response to this will be to go in to the silence of quiet meditation and ask. Ask for insight, guidance, and synchronicity to lead you to what it might be.

Any other tips, ideas? Anyone care to share how they found out, or how they haven't?

blessings.
Say to the One Creator before you sleep:

"I love you. I know you are here with me. Will you show me my purpose here on earth while I dream?" then repeat "I will remember" three times with the intent of remembering being towards your dreams.

Then go to sleep. It may come in one night. It may come in several. It may not come at all. Telling one why they are here is like telling them what their present is and ruining the surprise. In this density, opening the present is the fun.
The idea of "purpose" from outside the illusion is wholly different from the meaning of that word inside the illusion. From without the "purpose" is to experience a contextual array of energies which provide an opportunity help clarify the energies of your own being, as I understand it. From within, it's about doing things in serial fashion. So, if you're looking for information from the former source, but from the point of view of the latter, lines of communication may become crossed and concepts confused. The intersection of the two may be knowing your own heart's desire. But of course this involves two things: know you and knowing your heart, neither of which are straight forward.

So, after all this written razzmatazz, I leave you right back where you began: asking questions.

Something which could be slightly more useful than the above: if you can tilt yourself into a somewhat more impersonal space where you feel it's not merely "you" asking the questions--instead, it has the feeling that your articulating the feeling of an agglomeration of beings--both the queries and the answers may become more transparent.
Well, a couple of weeks ago I went to see a lady hypnotist I have known a few years. In fact I got my hypnosis certification through her. I was doing well spiritually and in life, and wanted to find out if I was missing anything important.
She took me back, regressed me to the interim between lives. I don't know if it was right before this one or not. But remember being in space, not able to grab hold of structure, and saw the layers upon layers of reality.

As I integrate it, I'm learning more and more that our purpose really is to be here and experience. Sure, it's great to learn and pursue knowledge, but it's really all about being.
Dear Brother Lavazza

You ask a very profound and eternal question that every sincere
soul ponders at one time or the other. I can only share with you my own
experience in this matter.

Before i came to this web site i was asking myself this exact
question. What is the purpose of all this. Day after day it seemed that
we dwell in a reality that is ruled by deception and lies and that we are
in relationship with many many people who dont have a clue about anything other than themselves and their own concerns. Then i came here and i read what Carla had to say

You are loved
You are not alone
You came here with a mission to perform

She then went on to say that our primary mission as wanderers is to
just "be". Be who we are where we are. Be a shepherd and a lighthouse
wherever we are. This gave me a real feeling of empowerment. I began
to realize that even though i dont control such decisions as whether
this country goes to war or our economic policy i do have a significant
impact on my family and the people i come in contact with. An example,
where i work at there is a lady who empties the trash barrels. She has
rheumatoid arthritis so most mornings i empty the pail for her. It is just a
little thing no big thing actually but it makes both her and me feel
better and its a good way to start the day. So i do this because it feels
good and it makes someone else feel good. Another thing i do is spend a
lot of time with my 4 year old grandson. He is definitely learning from
me a certain approach to life, hopefully one that is filled with
thoughtfulness. Again a small thing but i feel it raises the light level
on this planet.

I want to share with you part of an affirmation i usually say at the
beginning of the day.

I norral do hereby affirm and decree that in this day i shall strive
with my whole heart and soul to instill my every thought word and
deed with the light love and energy of God
I affirm that i shall resist with all my strength every negative or unkind
thought word or action and that i shall strive to be of assistance to
my fellow man
i ask the blessed archangel michael to increase my
faith, strengthen my will and protect my family and i ask the
blessed archangel uriel to fill me with his peace and tranquility
and i ask the lord God almightly to seal my intentions in his cloud
of blessing and victory
In this day i affirm that joy love and peace are mine

there is more to the affirmation than this but that is the general
gist of it. i try to take a proactive approach to this, it is not only
what should i be doing , i believe we are all in the right place,
but it is let me be an active force for the light and the love that
lives in me.

Dear brother i think you get what i am saying. we are all doing what
we should be doing and our intentions to do that which is good
combined with the blessings we receive from the creator help us
to fulfill our purpose

peace love and light
HeartHeartHeart norral HeartHeartHeart
i would echo what others have said but also add that in 'being' yourself as completely as you can you can't help but change the world around you in more significant ways than you probably think

if you feel there is a tangible purpose or a thing you have yet to achieve then don't force it, it will come looking for you. it may not seem like it is your life purpose at the time but you may find yourself looking back and thinking 'ah-ha! so that was what i was here to do!'
Yes, to all of that. I think it's really hard to not fulfill the life purpose when it comes to doing, as long as you just go with the flow, but if there are many things you may want to do it can help to contemplate them separately without words, and see which has the strongest pull, and then feel why this is. When I try to ask my higher self I just get this strong stream of loving: "all is well", which I translate to: "be more in this loving state while doing whatever you're doing". I could just veg on the couch and know that all is well, but that's not what I'm here to do...

It's really amazing to see how all those seemingly random decisions have led me towards meeting exactly the people I needed to meet, in seemingly random places.
If you are capable of lucid dreaming, ask this question of one of the characters in your dream. It worked for me!
(02-06-2010, 10:27 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]If you are capable of lucid dreaming, ask this question of one of the characters in your dream. It worked for me!

Dreaming is very symbolic. I've asked and usually just get garbage answers that make no sense.
I suppose I'll just add that I have been asking for guidance through meditation and I am being patient. At the same time, (while my family is waiting for me to choose a career path/go to grad school/many other expectations) I've been more apt to see where life takes me. I feel that what seems mundane can be extraordinary.

My partner said to me the other day that he feels like when it's time for him to go, he's going to look back on his life and remember moments. Every beautiful and rich moment that he had in his life when he was fully present and sharing with someone else. Maybe if we let go of finding purpose, it'll be there. I hope this helps.

Love and Light,
origin
(02-05-2010, 12:18 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]I have also been given indirect messages about discovering my life's purpose by reading such books as those written by Michael Newton.

blessings.

Le me say that I love Michael Newton guy. His books were very inspiring as for me they helped connect the left brain technology with the right brain exploration that we are on. His books are highly recommended for any serious explorer of pre-incarnation goals...
(02-05-2010, 12:18 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose my question is, how do we go about finding out what that purpose is? I suspect that the main response to this will be to go in to the silence of quiet meditation and ask. Ask for insight, guidance, and synchronicity to lead you to what it might be.

Any other tips, ideas? Anyone care to share how they found out, or how they haven't?

blessings.

During my exploration in this field and I am still working on it...I have come up with two answers that make sense to me. First is the hard way(s) and second is the easy way.

First the hard way. You can get our pre-birth plan by
- Talking to your guides/higher-self in meditation/dreams
- Get your Astrological and /or Numerological chart with this perspective done
- Talk to psychics who specialize in this investigation
- Use a Regression by a trained hypnotherapist
- Use another occult based tool to investigate this

Next the easy way- Just follow your bliss. When you follow your bliss you are providing the service that you came out here to do. When you do the things that excites you the most, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to do in that moment. I know it is so simple to blurt it out like that. But just following your bliss requires much clearing and balancing and becoming secure in your being, that it is another topic in itself...I am still learning to do this one completely...living moment to moment...

I am following a mix of both methods currently. For me it did not become clear in one flash. In fact when the powerful clear vision of my purpose was shown first many years ago, it was so en-wrapped within the archetypes and symbols, I am still trying to sort out. Since then I have used all of the above except the regression... It is almost like exploring this huge castle in dark night with a small flickering torch...One small step at a time...
(02-06-2010, 10:27 PM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]- Use another occult based tool to investigate this

can you elaborate?
(02-07-2010, 04:23 AM)xlsander Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2010, 10:27 PM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]- Use another occult based tool to investigate this

can you elaborate?

I want to say 'Tarot' and 'Runes'; both of those I have used but not for this purpose. I am sure they can be used for it. But there is something more that wants to come out, if I remember I will post Smile
Peregrine and Peregrinus: thank you for your comments! (any relation by the way?)

Gemini Wolf: That is so cool. I've often wondered what a regression would reveal about myself. Can you share any of your details of past lives? Respecting your privacy of course.

Norral: That's a beautiful story you share, and thank you for giving us your affirmation. I agree that there is great wisdom in just being. However I have a feeling that there must be some specific things I wanted to give myself... Maybe some odds and ends to clear up before harvest. I can think of at least one "mission" so to speak- to raise my two boys well. And at least one personality "issue" that I want to clear up. Maybe that is enough.

Lorna: This does make sense. If it wasn't a life goal I wouldn't run in to it. Said differently, since I am living a life, there is probably no chance I won't run in to my "life purpose". Smile

AppleSeed:
Indeed. I'm beginning to realize that "random happenings" are usually not very random. We might say we're the sum total of our experience- discounting pre-incarnative biases for the moment.

Eddie: I've only lucid dreamed perhaps a few times in my life. It makes me wonder what dreams mean if we can consciously control them? At any rate, should I find myself lucid, I'll hopefully remember to ask that question. More likely I'll just grow some wings and cruise around the planet or turn in to a puddle of water, or something else that sounds cool. Haha Smile

Origin: Going where life takes you can be equally valid as finding meaning in meditation. For example, last year I was trying very hard to work at either of these two employers. I always asked to just go where I needed to go. I eventually got job offers from both. I selected the one I thought would be best, accepted their offer and was as far as making plans for relocation before something came up that caused it to fall apart. Fortunately, even though I had turned down the other job, I called up and found it was still available. *whew*. Anyway, I just followed what life gave me, even though I was a bit crest fallen about the first job. But as it turns out, looking back, the first job would probably have been terrible in many ways that my job now isn't. I really did end up going where I needed to be- just as I asked for. I never "received" an answer but through life circumstances.

Thefool:
Yeah! I really appreciate Newton's work. I started a thread about it a while ago that hasn't gotten much interest: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=624 Also, following your bliss is a great suggestion. My favorite non-LLR entitiy Bashar says to follow your excitement all the time, and I'm inclined to agree. I do that anyways, which brings me some comfort. It would be cool to know exactly what it is though... but that might compromise the whole thing anyways. Going back to Newton- he says he usually won't regress anyone unless they are at least 50 or 60 years of age, at some point where they are pretty well aware of what they came here to do. (I just turned 30 myself).

Thanks for all the great responses, everyone!
I have a transcript of that session that I need to go through. She will be putting it as part of her newsletter, so I'll see about posting the transcript if it is of interest.

(02-08-2010, 07:12 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Gemini Wolf: That is so cool. I've often wondered what a regression would reveal about myself. Can you share any of your details of past lives? Respecting your privacy of course.
To find a specific answer to the question of your purpose is both difficult and somewhat easy. From my own experiences, the answers came to me in a series of profound dreams that were sprinkled over the course of several years (Don't worry! I doubt it will take you that long; I was just being stubborn Wink).

Finding my own specific purpose involved a lot of contemplation and dream work. I personally love dream work so much and find it to be extremely helpful, but it's your choice to find what you think best suits you.

In my contemplation, I spent much time thinking about my childhood. I thought about what I enjoyed to do both in and out of school. I remember receiving the most praise from my teachers for the stories I would create in writing classes, so I knew that my imagination was one great faculty that I already had along with my appreciation of the art of communication (written, orally and bodily).

Becoming lucid in my dreams helped tremendously, and I don't necessarily mean knowing that I was dreaming but just consciously directing the content of them. I asked questions to figures in my dreams who would help me come to my own conclusions about my purpose.

Once, I had what I think may have been a kundalini awakening towards the end of of a dream. I woke up from the dream and kept my eyes closed. I felt the strongest rush of energy pulsing at the top of my head in the violet ray energy center. At the same time, while keeping my eyes closed, I was watching every single letter of the alphabet dancing, squiggling and falling only to get back up again. It was as if they had come to life and possessed their own consciousness. This along with several other dreams eventually led me to believe that writing and communicating are some of the secondary purposes to my existence here which I joyfully try to take on, while the act of being an instrument of the Creator being primary.

Remember, "Seek and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you; ask and you shall receive." Miight I recommend you take a look at the October 22, 1989 Q'uo meditation about discovering one's own gifts.

L/L my friend.
Hey everyone,

Now's a great time for an update in my pursuits. I've been keeping my mind open to the possible ways in which I could garner more information about my purpose or purposes since starting this thread. That was five days ago, and I've since gotten five indirect suggestions from different people about lucid dreams (You're #5, Logos). I think this might be the perfect way for me to begin exploring the idea, if nothing else. I am not prone to remembering my dreams usually, however at the moment we have our six month old son sharing our room, and that means I'm waking up at least 3-4 times a night anyways- perfect for remembering dreams!

I don't think we have a thread about lucid dreaming yet. I'll start one momentarily, keep an eye on the 'planet earth' forum. Cheers!
I just got up from a nap, in which I asked before I fell asleep, "Why am I still here?" I asked this because through much tribulation, I have found that I believe I have completed any karmic ties to my past lives (and this life) already, and that the main mission as far as self work has been completed (not saying I have perfected myself, just saying I did the major work that was laid out to do, fine tunings can always be worked on!)

The answer I received in my dreams was very much what I suspected all along. Instead of going into the dream itself, I will just relay the message. I'm still here to help the group advance. The "group" being those I am close to, not the whole race. Also part of that message was that I am filling whatever role needs to be filled in order to help my loved ones, my job is flexible and without much responsibility...kind of like a hybrid class in a group raid in an online mmo-rpg, who is there to either help take down the boss or help heal the group, depending on the circumstance, lol.

Godspeed!
During my experiences with higher dimensions, the main messages I have gotten aew "Just Experience" and "All is Well" It is difficult to bring back more information because of distortion (as in you can try to bring back more details but our language does not have the right words so the message is lost)
(02-11-2010, 12:41 AM)Light Wrote: [ -> ]During my experiences with higher dimensions, the main messages I have gotten aew "Just Experience" and "All is Well" It is difficult to bring back more information because of distortion (as in you can try to bring back more details but our language does not have the right words so the message is lost)

I actually experienced in that regression what it was like to not be able to grasp structure. Not being able to grab hold or feel anything solid is a little disorienting. More than experience, I appreciate the ability to have structure and know it's an illusion.