Bring4th

Full Version: Movie Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
here's some of my favorites from Constantine:

John Constantine: Heaven and hell are right here. Behind every wall, every window. The world behind the world, and we're smack in the middle.

John Constantine: [voiceover] I guess there's a plan for all of us. I had to die - twice - just to figure that out. Like the book says, He works His work in mysterious ways. Some people like it. Some people don't.

Satan: [his last lines] You will live so you will have the chance to prove that your soul truly belongs in hell.

John Constantine: [about God] He always had a rotten sense of humor. And His punchlines are killers.

Gabriel: If sweet, sweet God loves you so, then I will make you worthy of His love. I've been watching for a long time. It's only in the face of horror that you truly find your nobler selves. And you can be so noble. So, I'll bring you pain, I'll bring you horror, so that you may rise above it. So that those of you who survive this reign of hell on earth will be worthy of God's love.

[Image: tumblr_ljioyyvgxr1qehd7e.jpg]
from Waking Life:

Pinball Playing Man: There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity.

[Image: waking%20life%20still.jpg]
"you shall not pass"

-- guess the movie Tongue
(01-15-2014, 03:04 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]"you shall not pass"

[Image: 5222012154944iwsmt.jpeg]
from The Fountain:

Grand Inquisitor Silecio: Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul.

Lord of Xibalba: Death is the road to awe.

Izzi: Every shadow no matter how deep is threatened by morning light.

[Image: R0001064.jpg]
(01-15-2014, 11:00 AM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2014, 03:04 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]"you shall not pass"

[Image: 5222012154944iwsmt.jpeg]

[Image: wpid-facebook_-1320027010.jpg%3Fw%3D683]

Please forgive the slight derail, I had to. BigSmile
“Hardship in our present life is an atonement for sins committed in our previous existence, or the education necessary to prepare for a higher place in the life to come.”

Remember, there’s sacrifice involved in any kind of life. Even the man who chooses the safe way has to give up the thrill of combat. The point is that once you know what you want, you must be prepared to sacrifice everything to get it.”

CoolCoolCoolCool

47 Ronin

Melissa

"Falcor: Never give up and good luck will find you."

-The Neverending Story

[Image: CiFfv.jpg]
Quote:Neo, sooner or later you're going to realize just as I did that there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind.

Both from Matrix.

Quote:If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future.

From "The Secret in their Eyes." Great movie...

Fang

Here's one from "Ghost in The Shell"

Major Motoko Kusanagi: You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.
Puppet Master: There isn't one. Why would you wish to? All things change in a dynamic environment. Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.
the movie i watched tonight began with:

Title Card: Everyone and everything is interconnected in this universe. Stay pure of heart and you will see the signs.

my favorite line: "This sh!t is aligned!"

[Image: draft_lens19235404module157641049photo_1...____a_.jpg]
(02-22-2014, 11:10 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone and everything is interconnected
I like how quantum physics is constantly hijacked to prove this notion, as if.

Fang

The problem with quantum mechanics as it is understood by the layman is that A=B which is conflation and magical thinking and so it's often hijacked as you say to "prove" the ridiculous assertions of fast food enlightenment in an effort to scam money from the naive.
(02-23-2014, 12:21 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-22-2014, 11:10 PM)truesimultaneity Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone and everything is interconnected
I like how quantum physics is constantly hijacked to prove this notion, as if.
tell me more. i thought it did prove it. i thought it proves everything is one (connected) energy.

http://www.abundance-and-happiness.com/q...ysics.html
Dark Shadows:

The first words of one of the characters:

You're a liar! I can tell you know, just by a persons face... Yours says; I might look sweetness and innocence, but I have secrets, secrets that will make the hairs on your arm stand straight up.
(02-23-2014, 07:20 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Dark Shadows:

The first words of one of the characters:

You're a liar! I can tell you know, just by a persons face... Yours says; I might look sweetness and innocence, but I have secrets, secrets that will make the hairs on your arm stand straight up.
gee that's a nice 1

Fang

Quote:tell me more. i thought it did prove it. i thought it proves everything is one (connected) energy.

See how that article is from a website titled "abundance and happiness" not "the scientific implications of quantum theory"? lol there's the problem
Quantum theory, regardless of it's implications is still not fitting with Einstein's mechanics which is much more capable of being verified through experiment and has been done so, so using it to "prove" spirituality or whatever is a position with many hurdles and something I'd personally say just don't bother with because that position really shows a misunderstanding of what "spirituality" is.
(02-24-2014, 11:28 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:tell me more. i thought it did prove it. i thought it proves everything is one (connected) energy.

See how that article is from a website titled "abundance and happiness" not "the scientific implications of quantum theory"? lol there's the problem
Quantum theory, regardless of it's implications is still not fitting with Einstein's mechanics which is much more capable of being verified through experiment and has been done so, so using it to "prove" spirituality or whatever is a position with many hurdles and something I'd personally say just don't bother with because that position really shows a misunderstanding of what "spirituality" is.

not to mention the link's packed with typos...probably should have read it b4 sharing. o well

but if people are hijacking quantum physics to prove the notion that all things are interconnected/1energy, & that there's no time, then i see nothing wrong with that -- even if they're wrong. at least for a while they get to believe that science can, & does, prove their beliefs about the nature of reality. the truth will get to them eventually i'm sure with all of the zenmasters & fangs out there to enlighten them...but the person in the link i shared seems to have reached new heights by the hijacking so i'd say the hijacking's doing more good than harm for the time being but i'm glad i now kno quantum physics, in fact, does not prove we're all one/energy.
(02-24-2014, 11:28 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ](...) Quantum theory, regardless of it's implications is still not fitting with Einstein's mechanics which is much more capable of being verified through experiment and has been done so, so using it to "prove" spirituality or whatever is a position with many hurdles and something I'd personally say just don't bother with because that position really shows a misunderstanding of what "spirituality" is.

Why does it show a misunderstanding? There is the famous German physician Hans-Peter Dürr who wrote a book called "Warum es ums Ganze geht" (english: Why it is about the whole) in which he explains the spiritual implications of quantum theory quite well. I think it's a good possibility for people to get into spirituality (whatever this is) and see the things as one. At the end, physics can't explain the world as it is. There will always be new theories and models.

Fang

TS, well often the hijacking is from a person with generally good intentions, just confused.

Poet. The misunderstanding kicks in because of the sociological position in terms of valuing materiality due to the rise and impact of naturalistic science. People are expecting to find "god" in a particle or a causal phenomena rather than in their own mind where the concept was created.
just finished watching the movie called samsara. no dialogue. so powerful

[Image: dJ9Nu8t.gif]
"sell me this pen"

or, in an alternate universe:

"sell me this, plen"

nom nom nom.
"Life is suffering."

[Image: Prince%20Mononoke%20DVD.jpg]
(04-08-2014, 01:25 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]"Life is suffering."

Lady Eboshi: What exactly are you here for?

Prince Ashitaka: To see with eyes unclouded by hate.
"Just one more thing to say, my late husband was a great lover of poetry, and... I suppose some of it sunk in, despite my best intentions. And here today, I remember this, I believe, from Tennyson: We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, AND NOT TO YIELD."

[Image: skyfall-bond-vid.jpg]
John Milton: I want you to be yourself. You know, I'll tell you, boy. Guilt - it's like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All you gotta do is set it down....Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God? Is that it? God? Well, I tell ya, let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do? I swear, for His own amusement, His own private cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look, but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Aha ha ha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is He doin'? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off. He's a tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord. Worship that? Never!

Kevin Lomax: "Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven," is that it?

John Milton: Why not? I'm here on the ground with my nose in it since the whole thing began! I've nurtured every sensation man has been inspired to have! I cared about what he wanted and I never judged him. Why? Because I never rejected him, in spite of all his imperfections! I'm a fan of man! I'm a humanist. Maybe the last humanist. Who, in their right mind, Kevin, could possibly deny the 20th century was entirely mine? All of it, Kevin! All of it! Mine! I'm peaking, Kevin. It's my time now. It's our time.
Bacon: What's that?
Barman: It's a cocktail. You asked for a cocktail.
Bacon: No, I asked you to give me a refreshing drink! Wasn't expecting a fucking rainforest. You could fall in love with an orangutan in there!
Barman: You want a pint, go to the pub.
Bacon: I thought this was a pub!
Barman: It's a Samoan pub.

Melissa

[first lines]
Narrator: On September 3rd 1973, at 6:28pm and 32 seconds, a bluebottle fly capable of 14,670 wing beats a minute landed on Rue St Vincent, Montmartre. At the same moment, on a restaurant terrace nearby, the wind magically made two glasses dance unseen on a tablecloth. Meanwhile, in a 5th-floor flat, 28 Avenue Trudaine, Paris 9, returning from his best friend's funeral, Eugène Colère erased his name from his address book. At the same moment, a sperm with one X chromosome, belonging to Raphaël Poulain, made a dash for an egg in his wife Amandine. Nine months later, Amélie Poulain was born.

[Image: fabuleuxdestindameliepoulain.png]

Best movie ever. Also, the soundtrack is like fresh scented laundry for your ears; http://youtu.be/4SRj-av79Ts
(04-14-2014, 04:50 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]Best movie ever. Also, the soundtrack is like fresh scented laundry for your ears; http://youtu.be/4SRj-av79Ts
i agree!
Pages: 1 2 3