Bring4th

Full Version: the role of 'faith'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Faith is another one of those much maligned words that exists in our vocabulary, and so, in conversational circles one always has to gauge how that word will be received (much like other charged terms like 'adept', 'discipline', etc).

the faculty of 'faith' is often contrasted with the faculty of 'reason'; as it the two concepts were opposed and incompatible. It shows up most often in the strawman debate of science vs religion, or the use of 'reason' as opposed to the use of 'faith'. (here, somehow, science equates to 'reason', and religion equates to 'faith').

but what is faith? Ra offers a brief line here:

Quote:41.12 The entire activity can only occur when there exists faith that an outcome of this discipline is possible.

in a way, faith is a leap into the unknown, but still being carefully informed by the senses, and one's experiences, and all that one has learnt in this life. Because our consciousness is much like a candle flame (in contrast to the brilliant clear sunshine of the higher self), our life and experience here is going to be full of unknowns and unpredictables. We really do stumble around in the dark, and its the faculty of faith that allows (or disallows) us to believe that what we are doing is actually worth doing, and that a genuine (spiritual) outcome is possible.

I think one of the clearest example of 'faith' is in the Ra contact itself. This is how Ra describes the commitment of the three (Don, Carla, Jim), and what they 'gave up' (personal sacrifice), in the belief or faith that what they were doing was actually worth doing.

Quote:37.3 Questioner: Will you comment on it?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall. Firstly, the choosing of this group to do some work to serve others was of an intensive nature.

Each present sacrificed much for no tangible result.

Each may search its heart for the type of sacrifice, knowing that the material sacrifices are the least; the intensive commitment to blending into an harmonious group at the apex of sacrifice. Under these conditions we found your vibration.

- -

personally, I find that it is 'faith' which sustains this whole life experience. It is not a 'belief' in Ra, or a matter of believing this or that. It is more that so much is hidden away or locked behind the Veil, that one can never truly 'know', while in the incarnational nexus, what the real state of play is.

in this passage, Ra contrasts the concepts of 'subjective acceptance' vs 'subjective knowing'. I believe that the former (subjective acceptance) incorporates the action of faith (taking a leap into the unknown, that love really does exist in the moment), and that the latter probably downplays, or has less of the element of faith.

Quote:This is not a dimension of knowing, even subjectively, due to the lack of overview of cosmic and other inpourings which affect each and every situation which produces catalyst. The subjective acceptance of that which is at the moment and the finding of love within that moment is the greater freedom.

That known as the subjective knowing without proof is, in some degree, a poor friend for there will be anomalies no matter how much information is garnered due to the distortions which form third density.

there is very much a place for the use of the mind (what people normally call 'reason' or 'analysis', but the mind really includes all things) in processing experience and decoding the meaning behind catalyst.

but at the end of the day, if you don't have any 'belief' or 'faith' that this is possible or even worth doing, you won't do it. It's too much work, or its too difficult to understand, or I'll put it off to later.

Faith is the motivator, the driver of the process.

- -

a few last words:

"3.9 The vibratory distortion of sound, faith, is perhaps one of the stumbling blocks between those of what we may call the infinite path and those of the finite proving/understanding.

You are precisely correct in your understanding of the congruency of faith and intelligent infinity; however, one is a spiritual term, the other more acceptable perhaps to the conceptual framework distortions of those who seek with measure and pen."

and Ra on the Star Archetype (catalyst of the Spirit):

"80.13 Ra: I am Ra. The excursion of which you speak and the process of disassociation is most usually linked with that archetype you call Hope which we would prefer to call Faith. This archetype is the Catalyst of the Spirit and, because of the illuminations of the Potentiator of the Spirit, will begin to cause these changes in the adept’s viewpoint."

[Image: aQDUfk4.jpg]

nice butterfly there Ra Smile and you can see the figure bridging the earth and the water; the earth being finite, and the ocean normally associated more with the in-finite.

Unbound

Faith, to me, is something which has always been incredibly innate to me and only recently have I really considered this fact. I have always known, always had faith towards the awareness of my eternal being. It is like I started with one concept at birth and my life has been its unfolding, like a seed to a tree.

I don't actually, personally, take will to be very different from faith, but I think there is a subtle distinction between the words as descriptions.

Quote:Perhaps the most important and significant function that occurred due to the veiling of the mind from itself is not in itself a function of mind but rather is a product of the potential created by this veiling. This is the faculty of will or pure desire.

I believe Ra gives a good example here, as Plenum excerpted:

Quote:There is but one technique for this growing or nurturing of will and faith, and that is the focusing of the attention. The attention span of those you call children is considered short. The spiritual attention span of most of your peoples is that of the child. Thus it is a matter of wishing to become able to collect one’s attention and hold it upon the desired programming.

This, when continued, strengthens the will. The entire activity can only occur when there exists faith that an outcome of this discipline is possible.

So, I see it that will is the reaching and faith is the grasping in a fully conscious entity. In third density terms, the grasping nor the reaching comes necessarily easily but becomes easier as we make our will or pure desire come in to alignment with our faith.

Notice that the focusing of the attention is the technique offered for both the will and the faith. I think it can be thought out fairly easily how this allows one to strengthen the will, but what of the faith? How does the focusing of the attention affect faith?

I believe it may be because when we focus the attention we are engaging in a creative act. When we use our bodies, our senses or our wills we are activating the system of thoughts that is our being and causing it to change by the sheer existence of the self as observer of the self. This change is continuous so long as the focus is held, for the moment evolves according to the focus. I believe this aids in strengthening the faith because it clears away or puts out of focus those things which inhibit faith in its full grip. I describe faith in such a way because I feel it is something which is closely tied to passion.

Faith is not the same as knowing or knowledge or the ability to discern based on estimable "facts" but I believe that there is a deep relationship between the two as knowing or knowledge is the thought structure of beliefs in the mind which actually govern or coordinate the faith. Thus why particular philosophical concepts and approaches have long been lauded as pathways to spiritual evolution because of the way they assist one to gain balanced knowledge. Balanced knowledge leads to perpetual energy within the self, thus powering the will and invigorating the faith.

To sum up my thoughts or tl; dr, faith and will disciplined is trust. Trust in the universe, trust in the self, trust in others, trust in the Creator or any other entity, trust in eternity and manifestation and one's friendship with the One and all its manifestation. When one completely trusts in the accomplishment or already existent nature of one's will or the creator's will, then a decision is made, a choice is made, and it is done. Trust can be challenging to build with infinity.

I would mention that nearly everywhere in the Ra material that there is the word "Faith" it is coupled with "Will".
(01-18-2014, 06:37 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Faith is not the same as knowing or knowledge or the ability to discern based on estimable "facts" but I believe that there is a deep relationship between the two as knowing or knowledge is the thought structure of beliefs in the mind which actually govern or coordinate the faith. Thus why particular philosophical concepts and approaches have long been lauded as pathways to spiritual evolution because of the way they assist one to gain balanced knowledge. Balanced knowledge leads to perpetual energy within the self, thus powering the will and invigorating the faith.

What you mention here seems to determine how powerful your potential to manifest is. Many people have many beliefs that they put great faith into, but unless our beliefs are coming from a highly integrated balanced foundation of self, there will be little progress.

Unbound

It is the difference between a complex waterway which divides the flow of water through many paths, each one lowering the overall force and pressure, and a straight path where the water flows together as one force through a single channel. Then a greater challenge is creating a complex structure that has the efficiency of a straight one.