Bring4th

Full Version: Dear Agony Aunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Agony Aunt,

During the years before Dec 2012, I lost many friends after I started telling them about Seth, Cosmic Awareness, Ra and The Law of One, Kryon, Bashar, ascension, harvest, densities, dimensions, and ETs. These friends do not want to be seen with me and I no longer get any invitations to lunches, outings and functions with them.

In early 2013, my remaining friends who followed Seth et al., have all gone back to work and are now doing very well financially. Two of them even took the service-to-self path after realizing that the service-to-others path has brought them nothing but poverty. There is only so many poor people that one can help and money runs out very quickly.

At this moment, I am alone as all my friends have left me.

Aunt, is there any advice that you can give me?

Lonely Wanderer
Lonely wanderer, as lonely as it may be, your friends are doing their best to seek self in their own way. Wish them love and joy in full faith that they have a fruitful journey.. Wherever that may lead to... Heart how may you be of service to them?
This is from the introduction to Book I of the Ra Material, page 29. I've found it helpful; maybe you will, too.

Quote:There are pieces of information that are of importance and there are pieces of information that are not. Wisdom is a rather lonely matter, my friends. You must accept this truth as you acquire the burden of wisdom. That which you know, you are to be careful of, for what you know in the real creation has power, and that which you desire is all of the direction which that power will be aimed at; but have faith, my friends, in what you know and what you are learning. Feed your faith and your understanding through meditation. The further that you go along this path, my friends, the mo re meaningful you will find this simple statement: meditate. It begins as a simple process and, little by little, it becomes a way in which you live. Observe it as you progress along your own spiritual path.
One of the more appealing aspect of philosophies like the Law of One is the premise that "the attempt, if it reaches one, reaches all". Unlike other spiritual traditions where group consensus and proselytizing is the norm, there is absolutely no need whatsoever to share your finding with another person especially if they havn't asked you for it. I dont know how frequently you discuss spirituality with your friends but i know for me it varies greatly, with some not at all, others a lot, but always starting with the barest outline and then gauging whether to discuss more based on interest and whether further questions are asked. The key point to be made is that you can have friends that you never talk about spirituality with or speak about it only in the barest way, letting your personality rather than your beliefs dictate your relationship.

Fang

I can understand the enthusiasm with wanting to share what is important to you with the people you care about, but "spirituality" is a term that signifies something very personal, you wouldn't talk about your friend's recently deceased mother to them unless they asked you to.

I personally don't talk about it to anyone with two exceptions, one who is aware of the Law of One but has a different understanding and another who is interested in shamanism so when I talk to them about spirituality I'm always having to filter and reduce a meaning to fit their frame of interpretation, as I have held both frames before. So basically no one actually knows what my views are on the subject, and to be honest I think that's a good thing, it helps me interact with others and aids my endeavour to appreciate others as they are.

Melissa

Wai, this is a time or opportunity for you to become your own best friend. Take the time to figure out what's truly important for you in relationship with others. I've found that while I thought I wasn't 'me' if I couldn't talk about metaphysical stuff (because it's so inspiring) the truth is it doesn't matter because in the end I care much more about the connection and expressions of thoughts/emotions/feelings. So, it's interesting to sort of find a suiting 'language' for different people without feeling you're not being true to yourself. If someone really wants your advice they'll ask for it, just like you did Smile Best wishes on your journey, know that you're not alone.
Linking to related thread. I suggest moderators merge the two.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=8635
Accept yourself, your current present, and your deep desires (meditation helps). Trust and have faith in yourself. Then see what path follows naturally and follow this - whether sets, sto, or something else. Ultimately, it's about discovery.