Bring4th

Full Version: physical appearance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one of the orange ray pitfalls (self-esteem, self-valuing) quite often shows up quite clearly in how we relate to our bodies.

am I ugly? am I fat? am I unattractive? is my racial type unappealing etc.

sure, we don't all have model like bodies (if that is the uber-model you aspire to), but one can be ok with one's physical appearance.

if you think you have it bad - imagine a physical body/appearance that has some more outlier type characteristics - say, dwarfism, or cerebal palsy etc.

so hey - am I happy with my physical appearance, and what I see in the mirror? do I even avoid looking in the mirror (which is a phase I passed through when younger;

gawd; those minor food allergies that caused ruddiness and flushing, zits galore at minor points).

so its definitely a simple question to ask oneself, and the answer is just as simple and revealing to the self of where your attitudes currently are.

vive la différence!!

ps I personally I find actors/casting in movies and tv shows much more interesting when they aren't the 'chiselled' type expections of beauty (for both genders).
One's opinion of one's body has more to do with the perceived reactions of others to us than it does to the actual physical expression of our body. Occasionally, a person will focus on specific aspects of their body and project insecurity relating to that specific aspect of their body compounding the distortion of self acceptance.