Bring4th

Full Version: Green Ray: the line between compassion and over-compassion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
green ray is definitely about opening up the heart centre. It's all about compassion, understanding, and a shared sense of beingness. These are all good things.

but when does compassion stray into the territory of over-compassion?

Ra said that the proper response to starving entities (in the case given, starving peoples in Africa) was to feed them. And if one is in an appropriate situation, I think most of us would take that action.

I am thinking that over-compassion is when one strays from the thoughts of wanting to alleviate another's suffering, and providing assistance to alleviating that suffering, and into the territory of wanting to 'take on' another's suffering, and somehow shortcircuiting the 'suffering' that may be being used by the other self as a learning tool.

I hope that doesn't sound too callous; I am by no means suggesting that someone says 'no' to another-self's sincere asking for assistance; I am more pointing towards the attitude of overcompassion that might be something like - "I need to save the world", "I will sacrifice myself to alleviate another's pain', etc etc.

it's basically an attempt to learn another's lessons for them; by somehow seeing difficult catalyst in another, and desiring to stomp-out that catalyst.

it's almost like confusing other people's lessons for your own.
Wanting to stomp out catalyst *could* be thought of as STS. "I want to evolve", rather than "I want to help". Only the person knows if the help is given from true compassion or for one's own benefit.

Over-compassion is a tricky one. If genuine, I don't think it's possible to have too much unconditional love.

How can it be? Even in 4D - without the veil - compassion abounds to the degree it needs to be balanced in 5D, with wisdom.

Over-compassion is probably an imbalance of lower rays (personal and social), rather than the green ray itself. Addressing these imbalances would allow genuine service to others.
(02-05-2014, 07:23 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]Over-compassion is a tricky one. If genuine, I don't think it's possible to have too much unconditional love.

How can it be? Even in 4D - without the veil - compassion abounds to the degree it needs to be balanced in 5D, with wisdom.

Over-compassion is probably an imbalance of lower rays (personal and social), rather than the green ray itself. Addressing these imbalances would allow genuine service to others.

yes, Namaste, I think you're right in both cases.

overcompassion could indeed be the case of:

1) very active (open) green ray, without the presence/development of blue/wisdom

2) very active (open) green ray, with the ongoing presence of certain orange/yellow blockages.

the former would be like the two hands playing a piano, but the left hand is playing much louder than the right hand, and drowning out the right hand. For even 'functioning', the two hands (left/green, right/wisdom) have to be working in some sort of accordance, although it depends entirely on the situation if more 'loudness' is required on the left or right hand.
Nice analogy. Here in 3D, the latter of the two will be the one in which we have to deal with more frequently, I'd imagine :¬)
I'm thinking thinking the line is drawn when there is 'more' compassion for other self than the individual themselves. That understanding necessarily comes about when there is proper foundation work performed on the lower rays (And therefore are balanced) which deal with those relatable facets such as Identity and self worth. The Self is no more undeserving of love than another afterall. If the lower rays are not balanced, you run the risk of shorting that energy, which may lead to an overactive green. On a psychological level, any perceived lack within the self is projected outwards, resulting in a martyrdom complex. There's nothing wrong with saying no.

There should be a distinction made between 'unconditional love' and 'over compassion'. The former is a result of total balance/acceptance within the self projected outward, whereas the latter is a result of imbalance/not understanding the nature of catalyst for whatever reason. One is able to say no when required and the other cannot without feeling associated guilt due to not reconciling certain ideas about reality.

Unbound

Mm, I think compassion can sometimes lead to actions which are not necessarily what is actually needed by the other self and so wisdom is needed to be able to see yourself as the other you wish to help.

Melissa

This is something I struggle quite a bit with. I've also found that 'true', spontaneous compassion is like a rare form of art.
(02-06-2014, 04:36 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Mm, I think compassion can sometimes lead to actions which are not necessarily what is actually needed by the other self and so wisdom is needed to be able to see yourself as the other you wish to help.

Yeh, idiot love.
On blind compassion:
http://integralnews.blogspot.com/2008/01...ssion.html

This is maybe Plenum's point #2 'very active (open) green ray, with the ongoing presence of certain orange/yellow blockages' and what Tanner's talking about.

Unbound

(02-06-2014, 12:43 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2014, 04:36 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Mm, I think compassion can sometimes lead to actions which are not necessarily what is actually needed by the other self and so wisdom is needed to be able to see yourself as the other you wish to help.

Yeh, idiot love.

Aha Idiot compassion, took the thought right from my mind. Smile
Prob worth noting in this context:
Quote:The entity which is given constant and unremitting approval by those surrounding it suffers from the loss of the mirroring effect of those which reflect truthfully rather than unquestioningly. This is not a suggestion to reinstate judgment but merely a suggestion for all those supporting instruments; that is, support, be harmonious, share in love, joy, and thanksgiving, but find love within truth, for each instrument benefits from this support more than from the total admiration which overcomes discrimination.
What often happens with those new to green-ray experience is the formation of ideologies of acceptance which seem to support what is so far graspsed of that vibration. But the ideological apprehension lacks actual experience as in a more comprehensive, integrated worldview. And so not due to lack of sincerity, but due to lack of honesty, the ideologicaly appropriate "should behavior" replaces seated experience.
Consequently, the suggestion of a relatively uninformed intuition must serve the interpretation of circumstance.
And it will do so with the semblance of a spiritually justified conviction, perhaps even elevating the response to an immanent "inner knowing" even though part of self is being actively rejected.

Melissa

I think 'idiot' or 'blind' compassion are most horrific labels for people who are already suffering from an open heart.
(02-08-2014, 05:38 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]I think 'idiot' or 'blind' compassion are most horrific labels for people who are already suffering from an open heart.

Everyone's an idiot and everyone's blind so why is it horrific. Surely someone with an open heart would not be afflicted by emotional circumstance.

When your done feeling sorry for yourself nothing is horrific.

Melissa

Gosh, I was told not to feed the trolls.
(02-08-2014, 06:46 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]Gosh, I was told not to feed the trolls.

Good luck with that.
Troll is a label, too.. can be inflaming.
---
Anyway, compassion --> in latin --->compati, means 'to suffer with'.

I was thinking about this need to alleviate others' suffering. I dunno if it's compassion that motivates people to help alleviate others' suffering. On the biological level, we do try to attend to others' suffering. We have mirror neurons that fire when we see people suffering (the biological function of empathy) and that can motivate people to take care of others' suffering. Our switch can turn on and we might try to give advice or do something to help. Mirror neuron helps mothers to be sensitive to their infant's distress & be able to take care of the baby's needs. It's how we respond to others' emotional experiences. Trigger these and people might donate thousands of dollars to some 'save the children' charities.

This need to intervene or help in some way could be projective identity (like 'countertransference) - that I can identify with the others' pain so I will project my own pain outwardly to other, thus avoiding the opportunity to take care of own pain. This sounds pretty nice, like a sacrifice - that I can withhold from taking care of my own pain to attend to others. Maybe it could be about being highly triggered and unable to help. So yeah, balancing/healing is necessary to be able to help others.

I met green-ray activated healers (their ray activation was intuitively assessed). The remarkable thing about them is that they can 'hold' the space and just be very present with whatever comes up. They don't do much and a lot of things may happen in that space they are holding. No need to change others, no offering of words of comfort, just being. So I can see what Ra means by the being informing the work. Being in their space is like being able to express self freely, to wail, cry, be angry, sad - that it's all OK, I understand, I am OK. They seem to have full faith that I know what I am doing. And probably most of us 'know' what needs be done. They might be like batteries to help charge us up and protectors who's presence can be reassuring. Tao said, the master does little and get a lot done, people do a lot and more is yet to be done lol.

Unbound

(02-08-2014, 05:38 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]I think 'idiot' or 'blind' compassion are most horrific labels for people who are already suffering from an open heart.

Aha The phrase is from old buddhist thought and it does not intend to be derogatory but rather that pure compassion without wisdom is often foolish. It is largely referring to "enabling" and acts of compassion which actually allow others to further or continue their suffering, despite the good intentions.

Not to be rude, but that the words themselves triggered you may show something of what these words mean to you, as opposed to the actual concept being expressed.

I see where you are coming from, but it also seems there is something personal in your reaction. I assure you the phrase is not meant as a label, but is an expression of an idea of compassion which is ignorant of what is actually needed by the other self. The word idiot is usually referring to a manner which is self-defeating or counterproductive, which is why the term idiot compassion is used to describe compassion which does not actually alleviate suffering but adds to it.

I understand, though, that words like "idiot", "blind", "ignorant" have social connotation and that many people see them as derogatory (depending on context), but that to me tells me that those individuals have some kind of identification with the negative aspects of the word and so are reflecting on the words according to a bias towards seeing that negative aspect. The words themselves are not really good or bad, there are just reactions to them based on how they are perceived as ideas.

Sorry for going off there, I just find it curious the way words themselves are given a good or bad view when I see words as purely descriptive.

Melissa

Indeed, it was merely a trigger for me.

Unbound

Aha And that is perfectly fair, I apologize for causing any undesired reactions.