Bring4th

Full Version: Passing the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Passing time seems to be how I've been living my life for the longest time now. I feel like a prisoner in my body. I'm so, so tired and exhausted of having to wake up and go through the motions day to day. The thought of living a 'full' life is quite a scary one. 70 years is such a long time. Things are so heavy. There is so much more I want to say but I can't put words to it.
Sounds like you may wanna try to find a career that you're truly passionate about. That way, the mundane life that is conveniently called the grind will transform into the chance.

The chance to make a difference.

The chance to be of service

The chance to know that at the end of the day, you can genuinely say that you had a good day.

Try to remember that what you do today, shall build upon what can be done tomorrow and so on. Just think of it as the gen ed's in college. You have to get the basics down before going on to master the higher classes. If you don't pass, you don't get to experience the joys of higher love, compassion, and wisdom. So try not to think of it as heavy and going through the motions. Think of it as another small step towards the goal. That magical stairway of light that shall show us just how well we did in this incarnation. That knowledge and that knowledge alone can be enough motivation to tell oneself that this mundane life isn't so bad after all. Smile
Since when have you felt that this incarnation isn't serving you?
(02-07-2014, 08:06 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]Since when have you felt that this incarnation isn't serving you?

Quite a few years now.
In the years before, did you find passion in your work and/or play?
(02-07-2014, 08:01 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you may wanna try to find a career that you're truly passionate about. That way, the mundane life that is conveniently called the grind will transform into the chance.

I don't think such a career exists. I've been searching for some years now. With that said, I can't imagine doing anything for 40 years. That idea boggles my mind. It's hard not to feel tired when you're body is screaming it out at you almost constantly.

(02-07-2014, 08:26 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]In the years before, did you find passion in your work and/or play?

Passion is a strong word for me personally. In the years before I was still in high school and was a bit of a zombie. I wouldn't say I enjoyed my time there. Of course there were good times and fond memories, and there always will be, but I want so much more.

Unbound

The body doesn't scream for the spirit, it screams for the body, what are you not giving your body that it needs?

What I feel from you is that your mind is oppressing your body because your mind does not like it here, your body exists here naturally, but you are not in agreement with it.
I was thinking along similar lines, Tanner; one's state of being reflected in the physical body.

FL - see what you think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMN_Sd9qd...BB71141AFA

A very informative talk from a neurologist regarding thoughts and the body.

Adding excitement to one's life doesn't have to begin with something that excites you 100%. It can be a little spark, but when followed, it gradually brightens. Sometimes a habitual pattern can stop one even following the initial spark. Bashar offers great advice with regard to following one's excitement:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...opensearch

I have put many of his teachings into practice over the last few years and they have worked flawlessly. My dreams and goals of that time manifested faster than I had even thought possible.

It all started out with a spark too, a single impulse to try something. Gradually, synchronicity, opportunity and excitement grew more and more commonplace until things were going so fast I could do nothing but laugh/marvel at the ease of it all.
(02-07-2014, 01:44 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]What I feel from you is that your mind is oppressing your body because your mind does not like it here, your body exists here naturally, but you are not in agreement with it.

What can I do about this? My cat doesn't like it when I keep him in at night as he yearns for the outside world. As soon as I open the door in the morning he runs out. I'm waiting for my door to open.

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 02:47 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2014, 01:44 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]What I feel from you is that your mind is oppressing your body because your mind does not like it here, your body exists here naturally, but you are not in agreement with it.

What can I do about this? My cat doesn't like it when I keep him in at night as he yearns for the outside world. As soon as I open the door in the morning he runs out. I'm waiting for my door to open.

Who controls the door?
(02-07-2014, 02:07 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]Adding excitement to one's life doesn't have to begin with something that excites you 100%. It can be a little spark, but when followed, it gradually brightens.

I do have some things in life which have brought/bring me excitement, but it doesn't seem to change how I really feel. Do you think it possible to reach a point where your mind has simply had enough?

(02-07-2014, 02:48 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2014, 02:47 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]

What can I do about this? My cat doesn't like it when I keep him in at night as he yearns for the outside world. As soon as I open the door in the morning he runs out. I'm waiting for my door to open. I'm waiting to be set free.

Who controls the door?

My cat can't open the door for himself, he needs me to do that for him. I feel as though I need someone else to do it for me.

Unbound

Is it then that you are experiencing a feeling of powerlessness?
(02-07-2014, 02:59 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Is it then that you are experiencing a feeling of powerlessness?

This is true. Being a prisoner is no way to live a life. We all yearn for freedom and I am no different. You can make a prison more cosy, you can dress it up all you like. But at the end of the day, it is still a prison.

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 03:03 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2014, 02:59 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Is it then that you are experiencing a feeling of powerlessness?

This is true. Being a prisoner is no way to live a life. We all yearn for freedom and I am no different.

Who is it that has you in their prison?

May I suggest this balancing exercise that Ra suggests? It refers to anger but I believe it is applicable to any feeling or emotion.

Quote:Ra: The entity polarizing positively perceives the anger. This entity, if using this catalyst mentally, blesses and loves this anger in itself. It then intensifies this anger consciously in mind alone until the folly of this red-ray energy is perceived not as folly in itself but as energy subject to spiritual entropy due to the randomness of energy being used.

Positive orientation then provides the will and faith to continue this mentally intense experience of letting the anger be understood, accepted, and integrated with the mind/body/spirit complex. The other-self which is the object of anger is thus transformed into an object of acceptance, understanding, and accommodation, all being reintegrated using the great energy which anger began.

You could substitute the word anger for powerlessness and perhaps that may yield some insight? Just a suggestion that came to me aha

I am not sure which ray power/powerlessness pertains to, probably a combination of orange and yellow unless it is powerlessness felt towards survival.

I might suggest that the mental weight of being attached to the idea of being "imprisoned" is enough to drain you. How can you ever be free if you do not first let go of your attachment to being imprisoned?

I might even offer to suggest that the reason your body has no energy may be because your mind sees it as a prison and so seeks to keep it from being energized in order to allow the idea in the mind to be made real. Why would you energize your body if you have disdain for it?
(02-07-2014, 03:07 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]

This is true. Being a prisoner is no way to live a life. We all yearn for freedom and I am no different.
I might suggest that the mental weight of being attached to the idea of being "imprisoned" is enough to drain you. How can you ever be free if you do not first let go of your attachment to being imprisoned?

How can I change this? This is how I feel, and have felt for so long now.
It's entirely valid to have had enough, FL. Tanners last post addressed a perspective I was going to proffer; the root cause of powerlessness and imprisonment.

Do you consider yourself as having infinite worth?

I might even offer to suggest that the reason your body has no energy may be because your mind sees it as a prison and so seeks to keep it from being energized in order to allow the idea in the mind to be made real. Why would you energize your body if you have disdain for it?

Exactly right. Why perpetuate my prison sentence. Why energise a tool I no longer want to use. I haven't been telling the whole story though. I have an autoimmune disorder which is likely a great cause of this fatigue. It's stable, but the fatigue persists. Can my mind change this?

(02-07-2014, 03:21 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]It's entirely valid to have had enough, FL. Tanners last post addressed a perspective I was going to proffer; the root cause of powerlessness and imprisonment.

Yes, I do believe that to be true about myself and about everything, no exceptions.

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 03:19 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]

How can I change this? This is how I feel, and have felt for so long now.

Well, acknowledging and accepting that is how you feel is a good start.

The first phase of mental work as described by Ra I believe could be of help here.

Quote:To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

By that note, where you see a prison within yourself, you must find the corresponding freedom from bonds, where you see powerlessness, you must find the corresponding power.

It seems the focus of your idea of imprisonment is based on the perceived limitations of the body as compared to the apparent freedom of the mind, is that correct?

(02-07-2014, 03:22 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly right. Why perpetuate my prison sentence. Why energise a tool I no longer want to use.

(02-07-2014, 03:21 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]It's entirely valid to have had enough, FL. Tanners last post addressed a perspective I was going to proffer; the root cause of powerlessness and imprisonment.

Yes, I do believe that to be true about myself and about everything, no exceptions.

You have strongly contradicted yourself here, as you express everything has infinite worth, yet are giving no worth to your body and your experience here.

As to your question whether or not your mind can change it, I would say yes, at least in part but more importantly, have you tried? Also, how do you take care of your physical self?

I can tell you that in my experience it is of significant difference to use your mind to offer love and nourishment to your body rather than to use the mind to disdain the body.
I do give worth to it, I just don't like it. I wonder how it got to this stage. How did I get here? The body grows tired does it not. And so does the mind.

Unbound

Aha Well that is fair, what is the worth then? So far you have only described your body as a prison, what is the worth of a prison?
What do you feel about yourself when you look in the mirror?
(02-07-2014, 03:32 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]What do you feel about yourself when you look in the mirror?

I don't really recognise myself anymore. Same goes for photos and my name. They are almost meaningless to me.

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 03:30 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I do give worth to it, I just don't like it. I wonder how it got to this stage. How did I get here? The body grows tired does it not. And so does the mind.

What is tiredness?

I would say that I really do know how you feel, I experience a lot of mental and physical tiredness, and have bouts where I certainly wish I could just drop the weight of my body for a little bit, but having also having had near-death experiences whereby I consciously realized that I would regret leaving more than staying it helps me to work through those periods of lethargy.
(02-07-2014, 03:31 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Aha Well that is fair, what is the worth then? So far you have only described your body as a prison, what is the worth of a prison?

I see myself as a portion of the creator, and therefore see myself as having infinite worth. As for the worth of a prison. I don't know, perhaps to better understand freedom.

(02-07-2014, 03:35 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2014, 03:30 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I do give worth to it, I just don't like it. I wonder how it got to this stage. How did I get here? The body grows tired does it not. And so does the mind.

What is tiredness?

I would say that I really do know how you feel, I experience a lot of mental and physical tiredness, and have bouts where I certainly wish I could just drop the weight of my body for a little bit, but having also having had near-death experiences whereby I consciously realized that I would regret leaving more than staying it helps me to work through those periods of lethargy.

Why would you regret leaving?

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 03:37 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2014, 03:31 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Aha Well that is fair, what is the worth then? So far you have only described your body as a prison, what is the worth of a prison?

I see myself as a portion of the creator, and therefore see myself as having infinite worth. As for the worth of a prison. I don't know, perhaps to better understand freedom.

Is not the idea of a prison also a portion of the Creator?
(02-07-2014, 03:39 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I believe that to be true. It's funny, even though I feel tired, sometimes I don't want to sleep because I feel like I'm going to miss out on the world.
Sleepings my favorite. I get hours of sleep a night.

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 03:35 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]

What is tiredness?

Why would you regret leaving?
The struggle it took to get where I already am in this life is not worth abandoning for comfort, especially since in my belief I would just choose to come back to complete the learning I had originally intended for this life. To me, it makes more sense to do the most and best with the situation I have now instead of starting from scratch all over again.

However, really, what kept me here is the realization of my infinite worth and what I can therefore do with this life is also of infinite worth. It isn't easy, it is difficult even on a day to day basis, but I know that in whatever small way it is, it is of worth to myself and others as the Creator. I can't say I know or understand why exactly I am here, but I do know it is of worth.
I don't know why I have such an aversion to doing things which will help my body. I guess I feel as though, the longer the body stays here, the longer the mind does. And I am not ok with that.

Unbound

(02-07-2014, 03:42 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2014, 03:39 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I believe that to be true. It's funny, even I feel tired, sometimes I don't want to sleep because I feel like I'm going to miss out on the world.

Ah! I think you may have found the key to your door. There is a part of you that does enjoy your experience here, tired or not.

(02-07-2014, 03:44 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why I have such an aversion to doing things which will help my body. I guess I feel as though, the longer the body stays here, the longer the mind does. And I am not ok with that.

How about the twist that until the body is done here, the mind will not desire to leave? The mind desired the incarnative experience, and it will remain in this field of experience until it has learned what it came to learn.
Pages: 1 2 3