Bring4th

Full Version: Great catalyst - Crest Jewel Of Discrimination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this beautiful, golden, nice and shiny description of oneness Angel (main themes seem to align with Ra, illusion of reality, oneness is all, sun as sub logos-well sort of) , (depending how you view it it does combine hindu and buddism but other religion's too in his life- see below for description ). particularly area of discussion to master and student part 48 onwards.. student asks questions Eg What is non self(like your ego), what is Supreme Self(like Oneness Ra talks about) I have not read all of I but up to late part 100's .. Fav one to contemplate so far in silence is along lines of..Discrimination of mind what counts not perception of reality.
Common sense applies, this was written 700-800 CE by a monk (who renounced as a child so not all things are applicable), called Adi Sankaracharya in India.

As its in Sanskrit these 2 translations I found complimented each other- one eastern and one western: unless you know Sanskrit!( I found reading eastern part then western part in small bursts helpful.
Eastern
http://www.bharatadesam.com/spiritual/vi...amani1.php
Western
http://www.swamij.com/shankara-crest-jewel.htm

There is also a Sanskrit movie of his life on you tube, English subtitles.. only movie I think ever in Sanskrit..Sounds so poetic the language and chants echo in your mind. Worth checking out just to hear the language if you haven't heard before. I only heard sancript once before where I live in Australia by two female voices(I was walking past their place and overheard) in song and made me cry in bliss, song echoed all throughout the street and importantly my head for long time after!

P.S Oh excuse the long winded broken English I've been in Taiwan for last month for gf and so English is a bit rusty, this reading has made me like an excited little kid to share BigSmile haven't talked much English( on this holiday Wink and hence the big post(cram all into one mentality).. Anyways hope some nice catalysts avail from this, share if you like but i am not sure when I will be back on again!