Bring4th

Full Version: Best way to get rid of anxiousness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I meditate, I sometimes visualize my spirit guide whom is of higher vibration sitting in my own energy field in order to bring up my vibration. But sometimes this doesn't work. Sometimes meditation I am unable to release the tension I feel in my chest. Anyone have any ideas of how to do this? Anyone doing any specific energy work in their meditations?
You must acknowledge and accept whatever the emotion suggests. Anyone can temporarily raise their vibration through meditation, however this does nothing at all to balance what's still being ignored.
Good points there zm. Sometimes it's easy to ignore what's uncomfortable to feel. I am most anxious about having to work. But at least I have a job.
How/why did you come up with this exercise & what do you hope it would do for you?

You seem to like moving energy up, like strengthen your connection upwards rather than say, grounding energies to earth. Is there a reason?
I just find it hard to stay grounded.
(02-08-2014, 11:06 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I just find it hard to stay grounded.

Well, what do you dislike about Earth life? From what I see you seem to talk much about higher density existence with enthusiasm, but not much regarding 3D in the same manner.
(02-08-2014, 08:12 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When I meditate, I sometimes visualize my spirit guide whom is of higher vibration sitting in my own energy field in order to bring up my vibration. But sometimes this doesn't work. Sometimes meditation I am unable to release the tension I feel in my chest. Anyone have any ideas of how to do this? Anyone doing any specific energy work in their meditations?

We have been helped quite a bit lately by Eckhart Tolle's books and also the video clips on Youtube. I think Eckhart would say, "Of course there is tension. That is the human condition. Here is what you can do about it."
You could try one of several nervine herbs, the two most recommended being oatstraw and skullcap..they use the word oat tops in that link, you'll want oatstraw with its tops (the grains).

Skullcap has a simple precaution: Not toxic in normal amounts, although overdoses of skullcap tincture may cause confusion, giddiness, stupor, and seizures. Due to its use in expelling afterbirth, it should not be used by pregnant women. Skullcap cut with related species can be dangerous (for example, Teucrium chamaedrys, a close relative of pink skullcap, can cause hepatitis and liver damage), so make certain you are getting authentic scutellaria lateriflora.
As far as raising energy vs. grounding, my study leads me to conclude that there is no right answer for everyone. Also there may be a need for some of both in many people. The danger may be in raising energy/consciousness too fast without developing love and compassion and connectedness at the same time (example Hitler often given). So, again, a balanced approach may be best for most people.
Tolle is a fantastic teacher.

Unbound

When I experience discomfort during meditationg I "breath in to it", in that while I am inhaling I try to focus that breath in to whatever area of tension there is in my body. This can be done visualizing the breath as it comes in to the body and travelling in to the area of low awareness.

More to the point is finding the root of your anxiety. That the tension in your chest is often the issue I would say you are working on a yellow-green blockage. If you were to visualize or put an image to that tension, what would it look like? Does it have a colour, a texture, etc?
[Revised]
I find that by focusing on the negative emotion as the object of meditation is helpful, not trying to overcome it nor trying to indugle in it. What i have found is the emotion/thought then dissolves into the nature state of mind or emptiness in my believes/understandings.
(02-09-2014, 02:51 PM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2014, 09:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone can temporarily raise their vibration through meditation, however this does nothing at all to balance what's still being ignored.
Hmm.. but by continually pursuing a more balanced state, your normal state will (over time) become successively more balanced.

And you can definitely apply some meditation techniques to situations outside of meditation to help temporarily balance your energy and give yourself the potential to see the situation differently.

I think the common advice of "counting to ten and breathing deeply" when you get angry is more a meditation technique for dealing with anger than it is a suppression technique. Little tidbits like this can be implemented outside of meditation.

But of course meditation only gives the potential of alternative perspectives...just because you meditate a ton doesn't mean you automatically will become more balanced. There are many, many acquaintances I know who practice a system of heavy meditation (1.5+ hours a day) that is light on balancing ideas and they have made very, very slow progress - think 15-20 years to make similar progress to one who reads and actively implements the Law of One balancing techniques within 1-2 years.

As Ra states, meditation/contemplation/prayer is the foundation, but the foundation doesn't do much of anything unless you attempt to consciously build upon it by trying to balance yourself and your beliefs in day to day life.
(02-08-2014, 09:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone can temporarily raise their vibration through meditation, however this does nothing at all to balance what's still being ignored.
Hmm.. but by continually pursuing a more balanced state, your normal state will (over time) become successively more balanced.
What I see happening as the result of conscious balancing (as in acknowledgement, acceptance and understanding of conditions which have an impact on our behavior), is there is more consciousness of state available - what was hidden is now part of the information in experience. And from that standpoint you are free to actually work more effectively on the provided personality itself, as if working on a sculpture or transforming a gemstone to a jewel, which is an interesting and liberating endeavor.
(02-09-2014, 08:49 AM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2014, 11:06 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I just find it hard to stay grounded.

Well, what do you dislike about Earth life? From what I see you seem to talk much about higher density existence with enthusiasm, but not much regarding 3D in the same manner.

Yeah this is what my line of thinking is, too.

Grounding to earth/3D like interacting with or meditating with an earth-mentors or something, hugging trees, working out... developing your body/mind so when you do access spirit level there's grounding. 'Top heavy' energy use can go many ways.
give and receive in due porportion
[Revised]
(03-12-2014, 10:48 AM)Aureus Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2014, 03:41 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
What I see happening as the result of conscious balancing (as in acknowledgement, acceptance and understanding of conditions which have an impact on our behavior), is there is more consciousness of state available - what was hidden is now part of the information in experience. And from that standpoint you are free to actually work more effectively on the provided personality itself, as if working on a sculpture or transforming a gemstone to a jewel, which is an interesting and liberating endeavor.
I see what you mean. What I've found is that as I continue to meditate like I do, I experience a constant progression of overall balance, strength and expansion of my energies, which in turn makes more information available to me. When my state continues to be refined, so are the understandings that it attracts. (as I continue to push my limit, I not only develop new personality traits, but my body functions better as well)

So in my experience, meditation has indeed been like the sculpting of the statue that is my Self.(bit late answer..)
It really depends on what of self, in meditation, may be made available to consciousness. For many people, conditions must be encountered, (outside of meditation) which induce an emotional reaction in order for an imbalance to be perceived, acknowledged, and addressed. It is difficult to discover all the imbalances purely at the mental level, because that requires something with which to provide sufficient contrast.
[Revised]
What is the nature of the energy you are referring to?
[Revised]

Fang

I think there's a disparity here (and on the forums in general) in what people mean by "balanced".
Some people use it terms of feeling "centered" (including all that weird energy talk) or whatever but some people here use it to describe acceptance and integration of aspects of the self (encountering catalyst and evaluating experience), reaching towards psychic equilibrium and balance in that regard.

Meditation (and afaik any purely mental practice) alone does not "balance" you in the sense that Ra is talking about, it's not some wonder practice that turns you into a super being with wisdom beyond the reach of mere mortals. The act of contemplation is complimentary to experience, don't forget we're human, just live your life and learn from it.

meditation isn't a cheat code.
I like the juxtaposition between use of meditation to balance vs use of mediation in adept like workings. Whilst we know from Ra material that the indigo center cannot correct imbalances in the lower center (74.6) this is balanced by the knowledge that working with higher energy centers crystallizes the lower centers (51.7) such that they are more reliable and less likely to become unbalanced in the future. Promoting this crystallization is perhaps a better goal than simply unblocking the lower energy centers which creates speed of rotation without crystallisation. Perhaps the processes of understanding accepting and transmuting a blcokage is just another way of say bringing in blue, green and indigo energies into balancing which promotes this crystallisation process which leads to long term and noticeable changes in your default balance over a period of time.
[Revised]
Thanks for that quote spero, where Ra explains there is no lower-ray balancing work via indigo. Makes sense.

Fang

Quote:This shows how much experience you yourself posess on the subject...
Well no, your assumption of who I am does and I hav spoken little about the subject, you've repeatedly posted the supposed benefits of meditation going right up to the point of claiming it made you look healthier, which is ridiculous and deserves to be called out in public discourse for the absurdity it is.

Quote:No.. it does require work. I have experienced its benefits and I have laid out the basics in the open for anyone who wants to try it.
See the problem with that is that you are implying the work involved with meditation is simply more meditation, preferably with an apparently superior method such as the one you have laid out.

Yeah cheers Spero, makes it much clearer in that context.
Is it not unusual that when meditating and rotating energy centers, one could experience more 'comfort' rotating upper rays than lower rays? For example, when focusing on lower rays there might be anxiety in form of restlessness... then moving up green and above, this restlessness is eased bc of the expansiveness experienced when focusing on the upper rays. Obviously there is lower ray imbalances that need to be understood and accepted. I was wondering if this 'nice' upper ray experience just gives more space to work with lower ray issue bc you can experience some degree of connection and safety while connected with upper ray stuffs. Does this make sense?
[Revised]
I can't normally feel my root or 2nd chakras. So kind of hard to balance them, although not sure if the root chakra needs balancing.
Pages: 1 2