Bring4th

Full Version: Difference between hearing umm something or entrance into dream state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm getting back into meditating finally and this has happened in the past but I've never really thought to bring it up.

When I finally relax, I slip into a state that I'm not sure is a connection of sorts or I'm just drifting off to sleep. There are no visualizations at all but I will sporadically hear a voice which will immediately startle me and I lose it.

Take just a moment ago for instance. Actually one did have a visualization. It was of a baby crying and then I hear a voice say "well for starters, I can tell you're fucking afraid of me". I then snap out of it.

Then the next was this voice that sounded synthesized which said "all questions will come at the end" which then snapped me back out of it again.

I'm sitting up in a chair but I'm not sure if I'm simply slipping into the beginnings of a dream state or not. But then, what exactly is the difference between some sort of connection and the dream state anyways.

I'd like to eventually keep whatever kind of connection it is but it startles me so much my kind does a proverbial jump if that makes sense.
That's an aspect of the "dweller" phenomenon which is part of "initiation". Only advice I'd provide is to learn to replace fear (and hope) if ever present with curiosity, cause it's just you.
(02-11-2014, 08:40 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]That's an aspect of the "dweller" phenomenon which is part of "initiation". Only advice I'd provide is to learn to replace fear (and hope) if ever present with curiosity, cause it's just you.

I've heard voices when I'm in lucid dreaming or very relaxed, but they don't cuss.

What is the dweller phenomenon?
(02-19-2014, 10:59 AM)KMcNay Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2014, 08:40 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]That's an aspect of the "dweller" phenomenon which is part of "initiation". Only advice I'd provide is to learn to replace fear (and hope) if ever present with curiosity, cause it's just you.

I've heard voices when I'm in lucid dreaming or very relaxed, but they don't cuss.

Astrologer Liz Greene, in "Saturn a New Look at an Old Devil", offers her opinion that Saturn rules the dweller on the threshold experience. Alice Bailey in Esoteric Astrology suggests that Mars and Saturn are involved in the third initiation, the initiation where illusion is finally overcome.
The three signs that are said to deal with the fusion of the dweller and the angel of the presence are Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweller_on_the_threshold

Can think of it as the final shadow personality that enters a m/b/s complex to continually practice positive transformation.
The Dweller phenomenon is usually linked to the Leviathan. The one who moves in the depths. Often a part of your own self/psyche which can bidden or unbidden rise in your psyche and dictate parts or whole sections of your life (seen from a finite point of view).

Similarly I can drift off in the inbetween of awake and dreaming and end up remembering the future. This happens more often than I have been comfortable with but seeing as I have little control over memories from now (oh, I've fought and vied for it but doesn't matter in the short or long end) or then, I'll just enjoy what fits the personal puzzle.

I apologize for the unbidden information and hopefully this brings some ideas to the issue?
(02-19-2014, 05:21 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2014, 10:59 AM)KMcNay Wrote: [ -> ]

Astrologer Liz Greene, in "Saturn a New Look at an Old Devil", offers her opinion that Saturn rules the dweller on the threshold experience. Alice Bailey in Esoteric Astrology suggests that Mars and Saturn are involved in the third initiation, the initiation where illusion is finally overcome.
The three signs that are said to deal with the fusion of the dweller and the angel of the presence are Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweller_on_the_threshold

Can think of it as the final shadow personality that enters a m/b/s complex to continually practice positive transformation.

Wow Sag thanks for the link. So from what I gather, the voice I heard saying that I'm afraid is most likely my shadow self and my inability to confront, accept, embrace, and eventually release it? And that questions can only comes once the initiation has been completed.

That link really blew my mind

I will admit that there is a dark side that I've been quite afraid for some time and I've seen first hand the implications of it being released. Brittaney sense it at one point when she did a reading. I'll just say that I've completely ripped doors with steel hinges straight off and splintered the wood and subsequently torn an entire room apart in an apparent alcohol induced psychosis. My ex said she saw no color except big black pupils as if there was no one there which still haunts me a bit.

Though I'm in at a much more peaceful point in my life now, there is still random violent thoughts that occur which I have recognized but coming to terms with such thoughts considering my utter pacifism is confusing. Hell, I've never even been in a fight before lol.