Bring4th

Full Version: Psychic shielding - Exhausting feeling when walking through the city
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure there are others who made the same experience like me. You walk through the city, you pass a lot of people and you become so exhausted after a while. This is what happens with me half the time I walk through public places crowded with a lot of people. It is like somebody sucks energy out of my body. I especially recognize this since I came back from a longer stay abroad. I don't feel good when this happens. When I turn the focus inwards and rest in myself, I don't experience this.

Do you think that psychic shielding techniques might help? Does anybody know a good technique? And what's the reason for this exhausting feeling? Has anybody made similar experiences and maybe got through it?
I can't say if there is any reality to it though I can relate to your problem. Many factors may be involved. Consider, for example, that cities are bad environments in any sense, e.g. traffic and general noise, very bad air, EMF contamination. In pedestrian malls, the face recognition engine works like crazy, thereby causing slight weariness in the brain. Psychic energy draining might be less involved since there is no actual interaction taking place between people.

Melissa

Things that work for me;
1. Self-check before going out.
2. If I feel tired (and it doesn't improve) I won't go anywhere
3. Make a plan on how long I intend to be in the city. If I have to be at different places I (try to) figure out the most efficient route beforehand.
4. Short visualization of how all the energy flows through me. That way you release the energy as easily as when you pick it up.
5. Checking my breath (but that's become more of an unconscious habit)
6. On 'good' days; smiling a lot at people. But that just happens.
Well what sought of thoughts are running through your head when this draining feeling occurs ? The feelings are only half the story. Why would self drain self ?
This option is good, “3. Make a plan on how long I intend to be in the city. If I have to be at different places I (try to) figure out the most efficient route beforehand.”

Poet, do you use public transport? This is much worse than just visiting a city. Public transport is an energy drain to the extreme due to many factors (those already mentioned actually but more intense).
I used to be quiet aware of this and avoided going into town. I really believe if you have the attitude that you will not take on other's energies then you will be less likely to do so. I think that by being aware of it I was making it more apparent to myself. Where as know I have the belief and attitude that I will not take on other's energies and therefore why would I need 'shielding'. It's all about perception.

Fang

Spirit comes from mind and mind comes from body. If you are feeling drained perhaps look into your physical health like diet and the environmental issues and such first I'd say, if there are astral beings who are draining your "spirit" it's simply by exploiting your pre existing thought patterns which you always have the ability to change, it's nothing you can't overcome yourself.
*smiley face*
I would agree with Realtime's first post and add that a lot of it is probably a subconscious aversion to the unnaturalness of city life, supposedly being "surrounded by idiots", and the apparent disconnected on a mission attitude of the group. Ever notice that at something like a crowded music festival, everything is fine? The collective at certain gatherings is positive which creates a real vibe that is felt. It comes down to a lack of control..a whirling mess that you're not in control of.

Prescription: Life is what you make it. No shielding is needed..just spend more time in the city and learn to find beauty in your reflection. This kind of pairs well with plenum's yellow ray thread..the more you immerse yourself in a social setting, the more you learn to deal with catalyst. People who lived and grew up in urban environments are very outspoken go with the flow people. It's why a place like New York City is so awesome. Everyone talks to each other, people say what they want and act how they want, which may seem intimidating at first, but it's actually a large brotherhood there. These people come to require that kind of socializing and connection with each other. Take them out of the city, and something is missing.
I love being in the city personally, I find the crowds exciting. I moved from a big city to a much smaller one and it feels really strange to me, kinda lonely and empty. Sleepy.
I've come to love them also.
It's good catalyst for me. I'd never try to shield it.
Further aspects that may weaken the body/spirit: Bacteria! Especially in cases where means of public transportation are entered. The more people, the worse it will become. Your immune system has to work heavily—but also in malls and stores. Consider also chemical exposure in stores. Adaption to unnatural environments could take energy as well.
Simple psychic as well as bodily stress like in rushing situations may factor in, too.

What kind of shielding? One is always shielded to a certain extent. Yes, there is attention. But attention should be placed upon the situation, not so much upon inner convictions so that distraction results.
I sometimes like walking around the city by myself and simply observing the multitudes of people. If I do it for long enough I start to feel detached from my body, almost as if I have changed into the air, allowing me to pass in and out of people. Pretty cool.
I have a portable piece of electronic orgonite that I can carry around that counteracts the draining effects of being out in public. But I haven't used it for awhile.
“I have a portable piece of electronic orgonite […]”
Such toys have no effects. Placebo only.
(02-20-2014, 05:30 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]6. On 'good' days; smiling a lot at people. But that just happens.

This is good advice, Melissa. I will practise point six tomorrow...

(02-20-2014, 05:34 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Well what sought of thoughts are running through your head when this draining feeling occurs ? The feelings are only half the story. Why would self drain self?

Well, not a special kind of thought. I'm rather focused on the other people than on myself. When I rest in myself and don't look outside, I don't experience this. Sometimes I stay outside and I don't experience it either. One way or the other, it's not so much about what I think but more where my focus/awareness is. But I will continue to observe myself...

(02-20-2014, 09:21 AM)Realtime Wrote: [ -> ]Poet, do you use public transport? This is much worse than just visiting a city. Public transport is an energy drain to the extreme due to many factors (those already mentioned actually but more intense).

This relates good to what I wrote above because I think the opposite - walking through a city is much worse. At least in my city, there are not so many people in public transport than on the street. And all is kind of flowing for me in the tram. So I quite seldom experience it in public transport. But I don't use it so often in general. What do you make when this happens, Realtime?

(02-20-2014, 10:28 AM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]I used to be quiet aware of this and avoided going into town. I really believe if you have the attitude that you will not take on other's energies then you will be less likely to do so.

Rake, it's more a feeling of loosing my energy to others than tune into their attitudes/energies.

(02-20-2014, 10:58 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I would agree with Realtime's first post and add that a lot of it is probably a subconscious aversion to the unnaturalness of city life, (...) Ever notice that at something like a crowded music festival, everything is fine? The collective at certain gatherings is positive which creates a real vibe that is felt. It comes down to a lack of control..a whirling mess that you're not in control of.

Prescription: Life is what you make it. No shielding is needed..just spend more time in the city and learn to find beauty in your reflection. This kind of pairs well with plenum's yellow ray thread..the more you immerse yourself in a social setting, the more you learn to deal with catalyst. People who lived and grew up in urban environments are very outspoken go with the flow people. (...)

Icaro, I know what you mean with the concert. I'm initially not from the city - I come from a small village in a mountain area. What do you mean with the marked part in the text? Does it relate to the collective of the mass in the sentence before?

(02-20-2014, 01:30 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]It's good catalyst for me. I'd never try to shield it.

(02-20-2014, 01:44 PM)Realtime Wrote: [ -> ](...) But attention should be placed upon the situation, not so much upon inner convictions so that distraction results.

Good points, I will keep this in mind, thank you...
(02-20-2014, 07:56 PM)Realtime Wrote: [ -> ]“I have a portable piece of electronic orgonite […]”
Such toys have no effects. Placebo only.

I bought it because of the hype, but never really used it outdoors. So I can't say for sure.
(02-20-2014, 08:36 PM)Poet Wrote: [ -> ]Icaro, I know what you mean with the concert. I'm initially not from the city - I come from a small village in a mountain area. What do you mean with the marked part in the text? Does it relate to the collective of the mass in the sentence before?

Sorry, I thought that might be confusing..yeah it had nothing to do with the sentence before. What I meant was that the chaos of the city lacks predictability and personal space, so your acceptance is constantly tested, rather than being in a more controlled environment where variety and difference may be lacking.
I must say that the only thing that semi-works for me is casting a protective circle around myself according to Israel Regardie.
I think in my case it's because I am a strong empath - are you? The circle protects me from picking up on low? bad? ot just messy vibes from people and places.

But what really made a difference was moving to the coutryside. I'm a different person.

I tried everything else: ignoring it, persuading myself all is OK, immersing myself (ended up in a panic attack in the middle of London), trying to convince myself that there is only one energy so no negative energy etc.

This energy routine is not too bad either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gffKhttrRw4 (especially the 3 Thumps and the Zip Up)
I love to listen to the city and the music he or she makes.

Walking in tune to the beat of cars the run of trains and swell of talk seeing the people walk their lives rush through me lifting and feeling the stream of thoughts and emotion wandering through the complexes.

I can't bring myself to shield this away as the story of the day tells me what everyone is doing and the feel of the beating of the heart of a city is always different in every one, from one day to another.

This is hard to express, when I listen I lull into rythmic typing, rythmic thinking, rythmic rocking of body.

Out of the city is never an issue as the nature surrounding is the same as the city but the sound is different. The beating of wind the whisper of animals and the talk of growing plants will be heard instead of the noisy human which drowns all other out. Some are sensitive to the loudness but it's just how you listen which differs.

For me, that is.
Once when I visualized a bubble of white light surrounding me, I immediately felt relief from the drowsy feeling at work. As an empath to some extent, I felt the tiredness of everyone there. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, I felt tired. Only when I used this protective bubble did I feel relief.

But lately I've worked from home, so I can't say for sure if I'd need that any longer. I rarely ever used the protective bubble.
Ok, this is what I meant with shielding. Just discovered this old thread: Creating a Shield. Maybe it is also useful for others.

It also gives an explanation why this exhausting feeling occurs:

(05-09-2012, 12:20 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]I am putting this up for those that would like to possibly deal with less stress around others in public situations, along with the regular attachment issue that is somewhat out of hand in the modern world.
(...)
What they do not realize is that the moment you have a negative thought or emotion, your shield is down, allowing your personal lesson to begin. Technically when it is lesson time your shield will shut down anyways. But why take on all the added negativity of those sleeping around you?

Here is the whole post:

(05-09-2012, 12:20 PM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]I am putting this up for those that would like to possibly deal with less stress around others in public situations, along with the regular attachment issue that is somewhat out of hand in the modern world.

There is the misconception that a shield will block out learning or lessons, which is not the case. If any of you have used mosquito repellant in your life, you are doing the same thing, "blocking a lesson" essentially.

What they do not realize is that the moment you have a negative thought or emotion, your shield is down, allowing your personal lesson to begin. Technically when it is lesson time your shield will shut down anyways. But why take on all the added negativity of those sleeping around you?

A shield is used mostly to keep pests from attaching, but can be much more as well. A friend of mine extends his shield much farther in front of him to warn animals that his vehicle approaches, and this works much better than a Deer Whistle.Tongue

Plus, I really like the idea of a healthy shield instead of chemical mosquito repellant.

Anyways, I combined the normal thought form design system into shield creation, as a way to help with the idea of "creation" in the first place. Always best to ask your guides to help you create in the best and highest good for all.

In fact you may want to add a line stating that Only positive guides are allowed through your shield. We tend to create double whammies when first we approach things from an angle of negative thought, then subconsciously request guidance for this thought, which most times is answered by a negative guide. It creates a nice little self destructive loop for yourself because you were not aware of what is going on "behind the scenes" and the negative guide may not leave until you tell it to.

So, ask your guides for help creating, (even if you are not aware of them, they are listening).
Quote:Input - "Shield" programming

Input - Shield is a second skin 7" thick surrounding your physical skin. (or whatever size and shape works best)

Input - Within my Shield is filled with highest frequencies of love.

Input - Shield is porous, allowing frequencies of love to pass through freely.

Input - Shield is 100% activated and energized by "(keyword)" (invoking a particular archangel will activate 180%)

Input - Shield is impenetrable to fear instantly grounding negative frequencies to earth grid.

Input - Shield neutralizes all forms of chemical fallout.

Input - Shield will return/reflect frequencies of love to all detected sources of negative frequencies projected to me.

Input - Shield protects me from all dangerous encounters beyond programmed lessons.

Here is how you define a bit more.....
Quote:Input - Negative guides are not allowed through my shield.

You will want to choose a keyword that you you most often, so that you are not forced to rely on consciously activating the shield all the time. This was my problem in the beginning, I would only remember when I sensed an attack. A good example of a commonly used word that works for a conceited person such as myself is "I".Tongue

Shielding needs to be energized on a regular basis, the amount of time it takes for the shield to lose energy is different for different people. It could need to be done once a day, or even 5 times a day. Just choose a good keyword and you never really need to think about it again.