Bring4th

Full Version: Changing One's default attitude towards catalyst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
going by Ra's analysis of Earth's situation back in 1982-1984, the main issue with this planet is the avoidance of catalyst. From my own life experience, I think it's actually quite understandable to avoid catalyst; as catalyst is normally destabilizing (for the mind to change and grow, it has to be triggered to do so, ie it can't stay in the same spot, ie comfort) and actually quite challenging to the self.

so how do we address this almost default attitude of avoidance? One that has been culturally bred, and taken as 'normal'?

the two issues in my view are this:

1) learning to view catalyst (ie change and triggers) as opportunities rather than an inconvenience to be suppressed.

2) becoming more skillful in the way we handle catalyst. If we have the skills and techniques to handle catalyst, then it is much more likely that we will change the attitude in 1) to be a more welcoming one.

for the development of 2), I think the tools are psychology are immensely helpful. These can involve becoming more accepting of our emotions, being able to recognise projection-type behaviour, being able to understand the symbolic language of the unconscious, and being able to quieten the mind to observe deeper rhythms, patterns, and flows.

the beauty about these tools is that everyone has access to them. One does not need to be 'energy sensitive', one does not need to be an 'adept', one does not need crystals, one does not need to be a vegetarian. One does not need Ra, one does not need a teacher. All you need is what you already have - your mind, and self-reflection.

once we learn to handle catalyst better, and be more welcoming of it, the process becomes self-empowered. Life becomes a treat rather than a chore, other selves are seen in a different light.

that is not to say all difficulties vanish, because they most certainly do not.

but from my own self-observations, the default attitude we have towards catalyst is a key indicator of how 'happy' we can be regards this 3d experience. The path of avoidance only leads to more intensified mental self-suffering. The path of welcoming leads to an opening up of self, and a flowering of further opportunities.

examine one's catalyst, and you examine the possibilities for immense change and transformation.

you can truly see it as a gift in time.
Another good post plenum!

Actually i've been sort of doing this for a while even before realising it conciously! I find it important to take note of my mood and emotions most of the time and see just what sort of things trigger anger/sadness/happiness. It is slowly become a very useful way of re-addressing my relationship to these triggers and also to the 'now'. It is indeed a very difficult task, but when more realised and achieved I think this is where the 'miracles' happen when people recover from terminal illnesses or great feats of strength etc. Re-aligning perceptions and focused will power.

Just the other day I was think our judgements of the world and other-selves is not based on the actions that took place, but rather the way we react to that. At the end of the day an action is action, it isn't inherently good or bad, just the way it is perceived. It becomes more relevant when it comes to accepted norms in the societal complex, I would say.
Good post. Becoming aware of catalyst and working consciously with it means exponential spiritual evolution. I've been utilizing it in my own life and I can hardly believe how much I change in such a small portion of time.

Another way I've been trying to become more aware of catalyst is to practice awareness of psychosomatic responses to things. I've been becoming aware of how my body(s) feels during any interaction and then fully receiving and then analyzing that response.
Being that catalyst is anything that assaults our senses, it is impossible to avoid. So I don't even try. There is both good and bad catalyst, but even good/bad is an illusion. I try to remember that catalyst itself is illusion, and so I don't get so worked up when things get tough. But lately things haven't been that tough. Just more boring than anything. Work has gotten a little interesting, but it's still work. I'm glad it's the weekend now. I get a chance to rest. I like resting.