Bring4th

Full Version: isnt self love necessary to love others?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how can you serve others if you dont enjoy serving others? if everybody gave themselves to each other and didnt enjoy life what would be the point?

Melissa

Exactly Smile (as I see it, you're answering your own questions)
16.31 Questioner: I would like to make an analogy about why there are fewer negatively oriented and ask you if the analogy is good.

In a positively oriented society with service to others, it would be simple to move a large boulder by getting everyone to help move it. In a society oriented towards service to self, it would be much more difficult to get everyone to work on the boulder for the good of all; therefore, it is much easier to get things done to create the service-to-other principle and to grow in positively oriented communities than it is in negative. Is this correct? [Inaudible]

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

maybe i didnt pull the best reference that exist in Ra material but can you find an answer in this excerpt ? your word "enjoy" states much you are not seeing at the moment ,

for example when I acquire an opportunity of being of service to others i enter into that expirience
because of fulfillment i get from your happines or joy this is what makes me move it is a form of love,yet i dont expect gratitude or glory or reward from the one I helped.

this could have been said in a much less words but i am slowly progressing, as Tanner would say "We search within"

Angel
(03-03-2014, 04:21 PM)Lisa-Ra Wrote: [ -> ]how can you serve others if you dont enjoy serving others? if everybody gave themselves to each other and didnt enjoy life what would be the point?

I think the effect of any service orientation is basically how the will is being used as far as what you are creating with your intentions. If there is a consideration of other self as self, then there is a STO effect. Usually when there is not consideration of self as otherself, due to a dominating or controlling use of will to impose separation, there is a STS effect. The more consciousness (polarization) that is available to inform the will, the stronger that will will be.
(03-03-2014, 04:21 PM)Lisa-Ra Wrote: [ -> ]how can you serve others if you dont enjoy serving others? if everybody gave themselves to each other and didnt enjoy life what would be the point?

Was there something in particular that spawned this question? It might help create a fuller discussion if we know from where the question comes.
I think we do need to love ourselves in order to serve others.
(03-03-2014, 04:55 PM)zvonimir Wrote: [ -> ]for example when I acquire an opportunity of being of service to others i enter into that expirience
because of fulfillment i get from your happines or joy this is what makes me move it is a form of love,yet i dont expect gratitude or glory or reward from the one I helped.

I agree, because of that fullfillment caused by the sheer opportunity for being of service and also because we give best service when we use our talents = do what we love doing anyway.

As Q'uo put it:

"Moving from that place within which contains truth [heart centre], which contains love, one may begin to feel an energy—which has nothing to do with how much sleep one has gotten, or how healthy the physical body seems—beginning to enhance and energize not the body but the spirit which moves the body about.

Each may find this a very present helper as she goes upon her way. This aid will enable each to know, recognize and acknowledge those gifts which have been given to each, for each has come with at least three things, at least, to do: to experience, to learn personally, and to use one’s gifts in service to each other, for in serving each other you serve the one infinite Creator."

(full session here http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0915.aspx)

In other words, follow your bliss Smile

I heard somewhere that Mother Theresa hated what she did. Now she could've meant that she hated her "status" more than the work.

Do you enjoy the work enough to thank the joy and use that power to further increase polarization of your choosing? I don't know about you but helping a stranger and delivering/receiving a smile is worth more than a hobby that makes me happy.

It's amazing Mother Theresa had the stamina to keep doing what she did. She used religion as the medium to reach the people, so now I think that a bunch of the recent Wanderers who were born in my time, the 80s will be the new pioneers in the already existing fields of science/medicine/religion. This guy

In order to polarize you have to enjoy THE WORK first. Than you study deep into it (5th density) than it comes all together, like a real reunion in 6th density with a great anxiousness to return to the One.
(03-04-2014, 02:24 AM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Lisa-Ra' pid='146524' dateline='1393878109']
Do you enjoy the work enough to thank the joy and use that power to further increase polarization of your choosing? I don't know about you but helping a stranger and delivering/receiving a smile is worth more than a hobby that makes me happy.

We're not talking about hobbies here, we're talking about life mission, vocation, calling. For one it's going to be making art that connects people with their hearts, for another to be a nurse/ doctor or grow veg, for yet another to work towards the sustainable evolution of world economy.

But to know which is YOUR gift, you need to first follow your bliss and your heart's desires. This way your unique talents will be revealed to you and you will be able to serve with joy and inspiration for a long time. When one KNOWS what is their unique talent, one just can't help serving with it, the same way as Ra can't refuse a calling for help.

Doing something you hate is not sustainable for long. It drains one and then one doesn't exactly ooze uplifting/ balancing vibe....

Genius veg farmer would be a lousy nurse. A genius doctor - probably a lousy artist.

I don't think that One would expect us to sacrifice ourselves and our wellbeing in any way.

Having said that, I agree that it's bliss to help a complete stranger and get that surprised look and a smile :-)

PS: Where did you hear that about Mother Teresa? I read that working with the poor in India was her deeply heartfelt calling revealed to her when she was a young woman.
(03-04-2014, 02:24 AM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Lisa-Ra' pid='146524' dateline='1393878109']

We're not talking about hobbies here, we're talking about life mission, vocation, calling. For one it's going to be making art that connects people with their hearts, for another to be a nurse/ doctor or grow veg, for yet another to work towards the sustainable evolution of world economy.

But to know which is YOUR gift, you need to first follow your bliss and your heart's desires. This way your unique talents will be revealed to you and you will be able to serve with joy and inspiration for a long time. When one KNOWS what is their unique talent, one just can't help serving with it, the same way as Ra can't refuse a calling for help.

Doing something you hate is not sustainable for long. It drains one and then one doesn't exactly ooze uplifting/ balancing vibe....

Genius veg farmer would be a lousy nurse. A genius doctor - probably a lousy artist.

I don't think that One would expect us to sacrifice ourselves and our wellbeing in any way.

Having said that, I agree that it's bliss to help a complete stranger and get that surprised look and a smile :-)

PS: Where did you hear that about Mother Teresa? I read that working with the poor in India was her deeply heartfelt calling revealed to her when she was a young woman.