Bring4th

Full Version: Movie: Astral City: A Spiritual Journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a movie based on the layout of time/space as described by channel Chico Xavier. It's not a bad movie even if you aren't interested in spiritual matters (as per my nonspiritual father). It's definitely interesting, though I don't subscribe to necessarily everything it talks about.

It does have some cool Dante's Inferno like scenes of lost souls in need of healing in some abyssal-like dimension after death, with people drinking mud and all (very good looking scene, CGI-wise).

And you have your city of light, filled with healers.

It probably personally interests me more because of my interest in the cinematic fantasy genre than it does in the cinematic spiritual genre, but it does have some interesting spiritual ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Astral-City-A-Spir...B005LYLP8Q

It's free if you have an amazon prime membership.
I'm watching it now, but Amazon is buffering something terrible.

I'm liking it. It gives new insight into the events of a suicide in the afterlife.
(03-12-2014, 07:39 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]It's definitely interesting, though I don't subscribe to necessarily everything it talks about.
Sort of begs the question of what other stuff that you might have saw or read that you subscribe to fully?
(03-12-2014, 09:40 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2014, 07:39 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]It's definitely interesting, though I don't subscribe to necessarily everything it talks about.
Sort of begs the question of what other stuff that you might have saw or read that you subscribe to fully?

I don't really subscribe to anything fully except things learned through my own very limited personal experiences.
(03-12-2014, 10:02 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2014, 09:40 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't really subscribe to anything fully except things learned through my own very limited personal experiences.
Do you think other people subscribe to things fully, outside of their own limited personal experiences?
(03-12-2014, 10:05 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think other people subscribe to things fully, outside of their own limited personal experiences?

Maybe. I know people who claim to subscribe fully to a given thing, but I have no objective way of knowing whether it is outside their personal experience.
How do you subscribe to something fully ? Does anyone really subscribe to something fully even if they think they do ?
Well the word 'subscribe' leads me to think that one is positioning oneself below an author or 'scribe', hence 'authority'.
A devout catholic, muslim or scientologist for example would probably claim to subscribe to their respective holy books, scriptures and figures such as priests etc.
Oaths and vows could be seen to be these acts of subscription.
So a certain symbol of the mind, if you look at symbols as having a birth and death what would cause the symbol to remain static in ones mind set. Un-acceptance of the whole symbol in the sense of both perceptions of the symbol's positive and negative side are not seen and experienced as equally as true thus causing it to fail to self-destruct and be reborn as a new evolved symbol.

So essentially it's learning how to use the body through the mind. Instead of the body ruling the mind. The more that is learnt and integrated about the body into the mind or "remembering" the more deficiently one can travel on the waves of archetypical energies that pulse from the deep mind and continue evolving in the whole view sense.
Best thing about the astral cities are the superfast trains and walkways.
I like movies that make me think about the afterlife. I like reading accounts of it as well. But different material differs so much it's hard to know what's real. I know there's a degree of physicality, but maybe not as much as portrayed in this film. I would think one could walk through walls instead of having to manifest and demanifest a wall.

I didn't realize astral cities had trains and walkways. I've read Matthew Ward channelings before, and he said there are medical people on the other side that help newcomers to adapt. They are like doctors for people that arrive with trauma. It takes some souls awhile to adapt. Plus there's much learning opportunities on the other side. When I get there I don't know if I'll want to leave unless I can graduate.

I'll be curious and eager to enter the healing chambers when I cross over.
I am fully subscribed to Amazon Prime and going to watch this movie. Tongue

Very good movie. Some might consider it quite "fluffy", but at it's core, it is the same philosophy / spirituality of the Ra Material or numerous other channeled materials.
What made it fluffy? I thought it was somewhat dark at first. Certainly not where I want to end up in that dark place. I think some of the things were unrealistic, like feeling pain after you die. Only if you refused to let go of life, and were stuck in the past incarnation would you continue to feel pain, believing you hadn't died.

There was only one being in that movie that took on a spiritual etheric look. I would think there would be more spiritual beings than that in the afterlife. Must be nice to have that type of body that can levitate and teleport and such.
(03-14-2014, 11:21 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I think some of the things were unrealistic, like feeling pain after you die.

I think the Ra material about Hitler and souls from Maldeck suggest that something similar to pain can be experienced after death because Ra talks about about how they all were in 'need' of great healing. Clearly these souls were injured in some fashion to need healing.

Pain and injury seem to go hand in hand, else if injury existed without some form of pain (be it physical, mental, or spiritual), why would anyone 'need' to be healed? I could be wrong though.
I've read some of Matthew Ward's channelings which speak of healers on the other side. For instance a soldier might go across with fear and pain still a part of their makeup. I believe you are right xise. I believe Hitler took his own life, which will commit him to 3rd density for another cycle.