Bring4th

Full Version: Why The Moon?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I was going to sleep last night I had a thought out of nowhere: If Ra helped develop the tarot as a method for teaching and it was based on a system they used in their third density experience on Venus, then why did they choose the moon to symbolize the experience of the spirit since Venus has no moons? I wonder what they would have used as a symbol for this archetype. Just a thought I wanted to share.
I'm not sure what symbols were or weren't given to the Egyptians..it sounds like they were given quite a bit of freedom to develop imagery on their own. Also, unless I'm forgetting a statement elsewhere, we don't know if they used the tarot.

Good question though. Since Venus is so bright, I wonder if it's in a state of twilight until the sun comes back up?

Quote:76.12 ▶ Questioner: But I am assuming that the concepts of the tarot and the magical concepts Tree of Life, etc., were not in use by Ra. I suspect, possibly, some form of astrology was a previous Ra concept. This is just a guess. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. To express Ra’s methods of study of the archetypical mind under the system of distortions which we enjoyed would be to skew your own judgment of that which is appropriate for the system of distortions forming the conditions in which you learn/teach. Therefore, we must invoke the Law of Confusion.
Evidently learning on Venus is different than learning on Earth.
Great question, Spaced, even though maybe a bit astray. What is it in the night that reflects the sunlight if you have no moon?

(03-14-2014, 09:58 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Also, unless I'm forgetting a statement elsewhere, we don't know if they used the tarot.

Ra:

"The product of many, many generations of work upon what we conceived to be the archetypical mind produced the tarot which was used by our peoples as a training aid in developing the magical personality." Smile
Well I am an idiot Smile Sorry Spaced!
I remember Ra asked them questions like what does a bird mean and so on, so they probably used the same system based on Earth culture of those at that time.
O student, why does the moon shine?
As early as 1610, our astronomers discovered the moons of other planets: the moons of Jupiter. They appeared to be spots of light that circled and disappeared around the large planet.

It seems plausible that any Venusian developing the tarot would have been able to draw upon discovered astronomic knowledge of the makeup of the solar system for their symbolic imagery.
I think it should be noted Ra didn't use these symbols or cards on Venus; It is heavily implied they taught/learned in their culture by intuitive understanding (visions); not symbols.

Unbound

The symbols of the Tarot, I believe, were given as part of the teachings given to Egypt and are designed as a waypoint from the Egyptian point of view. As Immanuel said, I agree that they did not actually make use of these teaching tools in the same way they offered them but rather they "materialized" the philosophy in to a structure which would be understandable by third-dimensional entities within/upon this planetary sphere.
What is this theory about the moon not being mentioned in oral traditions and whatnot millions of years ago? Is this a hoax? It wouldn't matter really bc it's such an important part of our mythology and such right now. When astronomers declared pluto to not be a planet in our solar system, it was symbolically thought by some astrologers as this prevailing attitude of neglect of the deeper transformative, psychological aspect of our self in this culture/society (pluto is kind of correlated to the archetype of Tower). Which kind of dismayed lots of astrologers... but it's still deep in our psyche so it won't matter anyhoo.
I think if people knew how the Venusians lived, people would not look at the Ra material the same way ever again.
(03-14-2014, 05:57 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I think if people knew how the Venusians lived, people would not look at the Ra material the same way ever again.

How did they live, besides being very harmonious towards one another.
(03-14-2014, 06:13 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2014, 05:57 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]I think if people knew how the Venusians lived, people would not look at the Ra material the same way ever again.

How did they live, besides being very harmonious towards one another.

Difficult conditions doesn't begin to describe it. I can't say more than this.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We were a small population which dwelt upon what you would consider difficult conditions. Our harvest was approximately 6 million 500 thousand mind/body/spirit complexes. There were approximately 32 million mind/body/spirit complexes repeating third density elsewhere.
Reminds of Dune, the movie. Spice!
Ra says that the tarot as presented in the Law of One was formed for "our peoples" and even specifically that they used common Egyptian symbolism.

I'm sure that the themes present within the archetypes are very similar, but I don't think that the specific tarot that Ra talks about is necessarily what was developed by Ra. Instead, I think Ra had something similar to the tarot possibly using Venusian symbolism. The archetype of Moonlight is relevant to us because it's part of our environment, it is our own environment's expression of the archetypal energy behind it. Perhaps what Ra associated with this archetypal energy wasn't necessarily "Moonlight" but whatever in their environment expressed that particular energy.

Though I'm sure there are many similarities - the feminine and masculine cards for instance. These energies are likely so basic and primal to the archetypal mind that the male/female polarity of archetypes is expressed in both sets of tarot images.

The question makes me think of the idea of a finger pointing to the moon. "Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory."

Except in this case, it's like the Moon pointing to something else, deeper inside of us. Don't concentrate on the Moon or you'll miss all that heavenly glory. Tongue
That's what I thought too, Austin. That it is the concept behind the symbol which is important in the study of the Archetypical Mind, not the symbol itself, which as you said can vary not only from planet to planet, but also from one culture to another, and also during different times.
I wrote out a long response and my browser decided for some reason it was time to refresh all the pages open in my browser and I lost it. Oy . . . it was a pretty good one too, maybe I'll try to write it out again tomorrow Smile

I would like to say thank you to everyone for your responses, I've had a lot to think about today.
Wouldn't it be amusing and interesting if the Illuminati possessed a base on the Moon?

This fellow certainly thinks so, alongside some compelling evidence:

Fang

Well, firstly 3rd density was a long, long time ago for the Ra smc, it has been hypothesized and possible that Venus did once have natural satellites many millions of years ago (3rd to sixth density takes a long time) but they have since collided with the planet.

Quote:O student, why does the moon shine?
Because it reflects light from the sun? Interestingly, in Oahspe it is asserted that the moon not only reflects light but produces it itself somehow lol.

I'd guess "the light in the darkness" is the reason they chose the moon to represent the experience of spirit
(03-14-2014, 09:38 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]As I was going to sleep last night I had a thought out of nowhere: If Ra helped develop the tarot as a method for teaching and it was based on a system they used in their third density experience on Venus, then why did they choose the moon to symbolize the experience of the spirit since Venus has no moons? I wonder what they would have used as a symbol for this archetype. Just a thought I wanted to share.

I tried an online search on the Moon-Earth-Venus triangle. Found an interesting mainstream news article. Am attaching it here.

Moon may have originated from Venus
Well hello godwide_void and Confused! Spaced has conjured up the dead.

michael430

[deleted]
OK so I'm gonna recap what I typed out last night:

First I wanted to say that you were right Ankh, my question was definitely astray Smile. I think what I was trying to ask was something along the lines of "What compatible archetypal metaphor would there be to the moon on Venus since Venus has no moon?"

As Adonai so enigmatically hinted towards, the moon shines because it reflects the light of the sun. Well yes, that seems pretty obvious now doesn't it Smile So now we turn our attention to The Sun, the Significator of the Spirit. Ra defines the archetype of the Sun as follows: "The Significator of the Spirit is that living entity which either radiates or absorbs the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator, radiates it to others or absorbs it for the self." (80.17) Few attain this state of being however: "The progress chosen by many adepts becomes a confused path as each adept attempts to use the Catalyst of the Spirit. Few there are which are successful in grasping the light of the sun. By far, the majority of adepts remain groping in the moonlight and, as we have said, this light can deceive as well as uncover hidden mystery." (80.10)

So the Sun symbolizes aspects of self which exist fully within the awareness of the light of creation and consciously radiates its own light/absorbs the light of other-selves.

Ra doesn't have much to say about The Experience of the Spirit, but here's a nice quote on how a positive adept can move through the Experience of the Spirit and attain the light of the Sun: "The Experience of the Spirit, that which you have called the Moon, is then, by far, the more manifest of influences upon the polarity of the adept. Even the most unhappy of experiences, shall we say, which seem to occur in the Catalyst of the adept, seen from the viewpoint of the spirit, may, with the discrimination possible in shadow, be worked with until light equaling the light of brightest noon descends upon the adept and positive or service-to-others illumination has occurred." (80.15) (I see now that Ra says "that which YOU call the Moon," so you all are correct, it was we earthlings who named the archetypes in the tarot) In the Experience of the Spirit the darkness of Matrix has been illuminated somewhat by the lightning strike of the Potentiator, offering Catalyst upon which we can reflect. The light of the Potentiator is the light of the Significator, though we are not fully aware of this connection since we are still "in the dark" as it were, so all we can do is observe the reflection of that light, which come to us through other-selves and our surroundings. In the shadows of the moonlight then we can either attempt to find the true picture of self-identity or build false images instead. As Ra puts it: "The moonlight, then, offers either a true picture seen in shadow or chimera and falsity. The power of falsity is deep as is the power to discern truth from shadow. The shadow of hidden things is an infinite depth in which is stored the power of the One Infinite Creator." (80.8)

So I guess you could say the archetype of the moon represents the reflection of self as seen in other-selves, which Ra tells us is the best tool to study in order to discover the true nature of self.

(03-15-2014, 10:54 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2014, 09:38 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]As I was going to sleep last night I had a thought out of nowhere: If Ra helped develop the tarot as a method for teaching and it was based on a system they used in their third density experience on Venus, then why did they choose the moon to symbolize the experience of the spirit since Venus has no moons? I wonder what they would have used as a symbol for this archetype. Just a thought I wanted to share.

I tried an online search on the Moon-Earth-Venus triangle. Found an interesting mainstream news article. Am attaching it here.

It's funny, I was gonna post something about how maybe Venus did have a moon in 3rd Density, but I thought that might be too cooky Tongue
(03-14-2014, 01:57 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]"The product of many, many generations of work upon what we conceived to be the archetypical mind produced the tarot which was used by our peoples as a training aid in developing the magical personality." Smile

Nowhere here is it indicated that this was the same tarot as has been used as a training aid by our peoples.
Repeatedly Ra remarks that the authenticity is sourced in cultural symbology and has been subject to alteration, scrutiny, updating, etc.

michael430

[deleted]
great convo btw I was just staring at some moon rings night before last in complete awe/wonder/excitement as to wtf is this experiment
(03-15-2014, 12:05 PM)michael430 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2014, 09:38 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2014, 10:54 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]I tried an online search on the Moon-Earth-Venus triangle. Found an interesting mainstream news article. Am attaching it here.

It's funny, I was gonna post something about how maybe Venus did have a moon in 3rd Density, but I thought that might be too cooky Tongue

Why do you think that sounds too cooky? A lot of smart sciencey people are under the impression that without the Moon, life could not exist on earth. In my mind, that sorta indicates that any planet around here would need a satellite like it.

Titan, a "moon" of Saturn, in my opinion will become very more "Earth-like" when one of the "Moon-like" satellites (Dione, Rhea, etc.) just so happens to orbit it the correct way.

This is in my opinion how any planet enters 3D. Saturn-like planet creates Earth-like planet and the intelligence there ("Confederation" etc) chooses a moon and the experiment begins!

I just don't have much of a science background so I didn't know if such an idea would be plausible. I'm glad to find there is some evidence supporting my intuition though Smile

michael430

[deleted]
Excellent reflection, Spaced. I agree with your assessment about the relationship between Moon and Sun. In the Moonlight, we are ever and always presented with both the inner light and the inner shadow. Thus, the white and black Jackals gaze upon each other. I consider this the most dangerous archetype because although it contains the possibility for the most profound achievements (through stepping toward the light), it also contains the possibility for the most catastrophic errors (through mistaking the shadow for the light).
Pages: 1 2