Bring4th

Full Version: Happiness Vs Success
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello brothers and sisters,
One of the biggest topics in my opinion is the discussion towards success and happiness. I believe, the average person has accumulated this illusion that if you become successful you will be happy. That in a sense success is the most important goal you should strive for in life. I can tell you right now I've met many many successful people and they aren't all so happy.

Now don't get me wrong not all successful wealthy people are miserable, but my point is money does not buy happiness. Happiness has to be found within yourself. Us wonderers understand this. Parents seem to apply a very large amount of pressure on us while we we progress from middle school into high school and so forth to become successful. I just want to become comfortable financially because in my eyes, finding yourself is the pot of gold, finding your love and light and understanding that all there is is love and light then guess what? I am as rich as I will ever be. I guess as bad As it sounds I've never been motivated to be richer than my neighbor or my friend.

We read and hear about it everyday, Professional athletes, movie stars, the wealthiest of wealthy end up commuting suicide why? Because even tho they have all the money in the world they still don't have true happiness. My life has always been a constant struggle feeling a lot of pressure to be successful but the way I see it is happiness being the key goal.
Anyways, I know that having a descent job is a good thing, but at the end of the day id rather strive for happiness rather than success and one day god willing when I have children I will send them the same message.
Namaste everyone

Melissa

Sometimes I get caught up in all sorts of ideas or goals which would (in my mind) make me happy, or that happiness is a goal in and of itself. But it's ever present. As soon as I clear my mind, thoughts ease, heart opens, et voila. To me these are successful days, or moments, even when I'm broke Wink
I'm not so concerned with being successful. I would like to be happy. Sometimes that comes with little effort in working with the Confederation. Sometimes I go deep within and work with my higher self. If happiness is hard to find, I wonder why, and seek out answers. I am happy when I can feel or know the unconditional love of Creator within us. Also, furries make me happy.
Why do you mean by furry?
(03-17-2014, 01:05 PM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you mean by furry?
His dog Loki.

Check out my Furryhuggers Furryhouse thread for examples. I've got videos and pictures in there of furries.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=3578

(03-17-2014, 01:16 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]
His dog Loki.

And yes, my dog Loki brings me great love and happiness.
I respect that, your dog will incarnate into 3rd density because of the love and light you give him.
This may sound banal but if one wants to be happy, one must do things which make one happy. If one enjoys what one creates then, success is very likely to happen. The one doesn't exclude the other - they are not opposites. The goal should not be to become happy, nor to become successful. Most important - and this says also the LOO imo - is to become a true realization of oneself. Know yourself, accept yourself, become the creator. When this happens, success - e.g. earning a lot of "money" - can also come.

But this is easier said than done... ;-)
The reason we don't find happiness in our life is because we invest our thoughts and emotions into temporary things which are subject to change.

Drugs, Alcohol, television, sex, junk food , vacations. etc.

We always try and get the next fix of happiness from an external source believing that it will make us happy but each of these desires when for-filled is short lived. Its really the same mentality as drug addict looking to get his or her next temporary fix. Sure its a little less exterm in most cases but the root cause is the same.

What we find is that by living in the present moment and accepting it , the happiness was here along.

The next question one needs to ask is what is the greatest source of happiness? That source is love.

When say we want to be happy we are really saying we want to be loved.

Be the love in the moment.
(03-17-2014, 02:44 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]We always try and get the next fix of happiness from an external source believing that it will make us happy but each of these desires when for-filled is short lived. Its really the same mentality as drug addict looking to get his or her next temporary fix. Sure its a little less exterm in most cases but the root cause is the same.

This is because we don't know ourselves. And we don't know what hapiness really is. Hapiness is not a perpetual feeling of joy, to be happy includes the possibility of being sad. There is a great quote of German psychoanalyst Erich Fromm which expresses this. He writes that "one cannot be deeply responsive to the world without being saddened very often."

(03-17-2014, 02:44 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]When say we want to be happy we are really saying we want to be loved.

This is a deep quote...

Edit: After thinking about it, I would just change it a little bit: When we say we want to be happy we are really saying we want to love.
Bashar once said that there are many beings who say "surely that's not possible that they don't feel unconditionally loved." Evidently without the veil, the feeling of unconditional love permeates everything. He also talks about how it will be very rewarding for us when we've crossed over, having gone through what we've gone through. Earth is a tough school.

I've been trying to find the unconditional love that I once felt again.
(03-17-2014, 11:53 AM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the biggest topics in my opinion is the discussion towards success and happiness. I believe, the average person has accumulated this illusion that if you become successful you will be happy. That in a sense success is the most important goal you should strive for in life. I can tell you right now I've met many many successful people and they aren't all so happy.

the actual 'success' at the end of the day will be gauged on how closely we met our incarnational goals that were set before birth.

one could have quite a mundane life, and yet still learn what one came here to learn, and one could also have a life of busyness and social influence and mental development, and yet have missed the point of that incarnation. Each life is uniquely planned, and the prompts or triggers regards what one should be doing will be quite strong.

Quote:71.6 Depending upon this time/space locus there will be certain helpers which assist in this healing process.

The process involves seeing in full the experience, seeing it against the backdrop of the mind/body/spirit complex total experience, forgiving the self for all missteps as regards the missed guideposts during the incarnation and, finally, the careful assessment of the next necessities for learning.
I set for a mundane life, but I do feel happy. Even when I want to go home, I feel happy. But I don't feel love from the Universe. Only my dog brings me love.

I like the quote about forgiving the self. I forgive myself for when I pray to go home now. Sometimes I want this life to end. I miss many beings that I don't even know right now.