Bring4th

Full Version: Aloha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I've been browsing this forum for several weeks now but I haven't
properly introduced myself.

My name is Jay. I was born in '79 in Holland, where I still live.
I decided to join the bring4th forum after reading the Law of One,
which I came across after a sudden re-interest in the UFO phenomena.
Now I must say that I've had a lot of difficulties understanding
The Ra material, I guess mainly due to a further loss in translation
from English to Dutch. While a lot of the material still needs to sink
in, I can honestly say that the LOO left a big postive impact on me.
Personally I found the material to be revealing and in some cases
reassuring as it connected the dots. It also really got me thinking
about myself and how I was reflecting on others and came to the
conclusion that I let myself get disassociated not from my family
or friends but from society or more precise my direct environment.
I went from an active lifestyle as adolescent to the opposite of
a Yes man in adulthood. It's not that after reading the LOO this
all changed for me, no, it was more or less a wake up call. Lately
I've been trying to put myself out there more and, although
I still feel that the quality of interactions with others is more
important than the quantity, it feels liberating. So it's needless
to say I'm grateful for L/L Research for providing this work and a
platform for fellow seekers to discuss their experiences and thoughts.
I for one am looking forward on getting to know you all and curious
about your experiences and thoughts.
ps Please feel free to correct me if you see any grammar errors in my posts, whereas my English sometimes just falls short.
1Love

Melissa

Hi Jay, it's rare to see any other 'dutchies' here. Gezellig ; ) Recognized a lot in your introduction, as I'm sure many here will, thanks for sharing and I hope you'll enjoy the forums.
Thank you, Melissa. Indeed gezellig :]
Hey Jay, welcome to the forum. I am only a week old member of the forum and I must say everyone's experiences are just as unique as yours. One of the most important things you'll realize as you browse is that you are not alone. Namaste brother.

P.s- I'm from Albania, we love the Dutch football! lol
greetings Jay, and welcome!

although when I saw your thread title I thought we might have had another Hawaiian join the bring4th forums Tongue

but Aloha indeed, and g'day mate from Australia BigSmile

Plenum
Wow thanks for all the warm welcomes. I think it's really special that people from all over have joined this community.

Quote:P.s- I'm from Albania, we love the Dutch football! lol

Me too, I love the game and I'm looking forward to seeing the world cup in Brazil this summer.

Quote:although when I saw your thread title I thought we might have had another Hawaiian join the bring4th forums

Sorry no Hawaiian. I do have "islander" roots though, for my dad is Papuan ( so that kind of makes us neighbours BigSmile ).
Btw a couple of years ago I went backpacking for a year in Australia and fell in love with it from the get go.

1Love
e komo mai (welcome in hawaiian lol), so glad you've joined this community!

aloha is my favorite word in the word... it expresses the spirit of many pacific islanders:

A “Akahai” meaning kindness, to be expressed with tenderness

L “Lokahi” meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony

O “Oluolu” meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness

H “Haahaa” meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty

A “Ahonui” meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance
Thank you, reeay.

And thanks for explaining the meaning of the word aloha, I didn't know that.( another thing
learned BigSmile ) But just like you it's one of my favorite words. It's also interesting to see
that some of the words you described are similar to those of my father's native tongue.
"Amatoo" meaning goodbye.

1Love
Welcome to the forums, sunnysideup. Smile

(03-25-2014, 07:07 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]Now I must say that I've had a lot of difficulties understanding
The Ra material, I guess mainly due to a further loss in translation
from English to Dutch. While a lot of the material still needs to sink
in, I can honestly say that the LOO left a big postive impact on me.

Not to worry, native English speakers (self included) have a tough time with Ra's language. I can imagine that the difficulties are amplified for someone whose native language is not English.

I am 14 years into studying this information and it is still "sinking in". : )

(03-25-2014, 07:07 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I found the material to be revealing and in some cases
reassuring as it connected the dots. It also really got me thinking
about myself and how I was reflecting on others and came to the
conclusion that I let myself get disassociated not from my family
or friends but from society or more precise my direct environment.

If I may ask, what does this mean?

When my own awakening happened (when I began to unknowingly follow a spiritual path), I retreated from the world big time. I was in a cocoon of sorts, unable to connect with the family and friends that had previously filled my world.

For me it was a rather painful state of affairs. But it sounds like perhaps you are experiencing the opposite? You are realizing the importance of connection with loved ones, and are making efforts to be more connected?

Thanks for joining the forums, sunnysideup! And regarding your English, it looks great to me.

Love & Light to you,
GLB
Thanks for your welcome, GLB.

Quote:Not to worry, native English speakers (self included) have a tough time with Ra's language. I can imagine that the difficulties are amplified for someone whose native language is not English.

That's a relieve BigSmile
and you're right even with the proper translation the material, for me, is still quite difficult to understand. Luckily I like a challenge.

Quote:For me it was a rather painful state of affairs. But it sounds like perhaps you are experiencing the opposite? You are realizing the importance of connection with loved ones, and are making efforts to
be more connected?

I think it's because I grew up in a supporting and understanding family (especially my father's side) and I've always been proud of my roots. Both my grandparents grew up in tribal communities where they lived in harmony with nature and were very in tune with the metaphysical world. So I feel blessed that they passed down the ways of my ancestors on to me and for being my guides on my spiritual path. I think that my awakening was the moment I could sort of incorporated my ancestors teachings with everything I've learned so far, this was after/during reading the Law of One. The dissociation started pior to reading the Law of One, because I feel we are living in a society where money reigns supreme and where we have lost total touch of nature. And the worst part is I'm also to blame for I've done nothing about it except contribute to further poluting Mother Earth. I'm sad and mostly ashamed about
it and that's why I find it harder to keep a gameface. Let's just say I still struggle to get past that and to change that sadness and shame into love.
Did you find your family not being supportive of your views on life at that time? Don't you have an ancestor/family member you admire or can resonate with?

1Love
(03-25-2014, 07:07 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]I still feel that the quality of interactions with others is more
important than the quantity, it feels liberating. So it's needless
to say I'm grateful for L/L Research for providing this work and a
platform for fellow seekers to discuss their experiences and thoughts.
I for one am looking forward on getting to know you all and curious
about your experiences and thoughts.

Love & Light Jay,

I'm a newbie in the forum too http://www.bring4th.org/forums/images/sm...iggrin.gif ! As a matter of fact this is my very first post. Thank you for your post, I welcome you. I also retreated from the outer world in a major way to sort out what was going within me as my awakening crystallized in my awareness. Listening for how to serve fully is my challenge everyday.

I join you and I'm sure all of our fellow Wanderers in heartfelt gratitude for L/L Research. I feel like I found my way homehttp://www.bring4th.org/forums/images/icons/rainbow.gif. Many blessings!

In Love & Oneness,

I AM Shifa!
Thank you, shifaone and you too welcome to the forum.
I'm glad you found your way home BigSmile

1Love
(04-01-2014, 04:39 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]That's a relieve BigSmile
and you're right even with the proper translation the material, for me, is still quite difficult to understand. Luckily I like a challenge.

What's interesting is that some people seem to have an in-built capacity to understand the information. Even if, on the surface, the language is difficult, the substance is nevertheless recognized by a certain class of readers.

For instance, when I first discovered the "Law of One", I did not have much background that would have helped me to understand. Somehow, though, I was able to process and integrate the material. That experience is not unique to me, though.

(04-01-2014, 04:39 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]Both my grandparents grew up in tribal communities where they lived in harmony with nature and were very in tune with the metaphysical world.

Tribal communities? I would love to hear more about this.

(04-01-2014, 04:39 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]The dissociation started pior to reading the Law of One, because I feel we are living in a society where money reigns supreme and where we have lost total touch of nature.

Oh, I see. So the Law of One helped you to reconnect. I think that is the direction for all entities, eventually.

(04-01-2014, 04:39 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]And the worst part is I'm also to blame for I've done nothing about it except contribute to further poluting Mother Earth. I'm sad and mostly ashamed about it and that's why I find it harder to keep a gameface. Let's just say I still struggle to get past that and to change that sadness and shame into love.

Yeah, we are all a part of this system, and, through our participation in the system, we all contribute to the polluting of Mother Earth. But I don't think there is any judgment. The Creator, it seems, wanted just this sort of situation whereby It could experience Itself through the free will of its finite "parts", or sub-sub-logoi.

But, love is a more powerful force than guilt. Smile

(04-01-2014, 04:39 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]Did you find your family not being supportive of your views on life at that time? Don't you have an ancestor/family member you admire or can resonate with?

Though they haven't understood my path (I am definitely the weird one in that regard), they see my intentions and are very supportive. My retreat from friends/family/world wasn't due to negativity or resistance from them (though I guess I did have some negative friends in high school), but rather just my own need to go within and discover a new identity taking shape in the midst of the old identity dying. Disassociation from the old, identification with the new, and eventual synthesis.

"Ancestor" isn't really a concept that is part of my mental make-up. In general, that's not an idea that is really emphasized in the States. Definitely lots of family members I admire/respect/love, but, with the exception of maybe one or two cousins, no one that's actively pursuing what I would call spiritual seeking. Which is fine.

With love/light, GLB
My mom is the only one in my family who I believe does spiritual seeking. But I don't know if she'd get into the Law of One.
Welcome to these forums and a lot of new best friends.
Thank you for your warm welcome, kycahi.