Bring4th

Full Version: Electrical Oddities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

Well, there's been lots of threads on dreams lately, so I thought I'd post something that is at least possibly a dream.

I've been having this experience for many years now. It always goes something like this:

I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I try to turn on the bathroom light but it won't turn on. I go around the house trying all the lights and none of them will come on. Eventually I have to go to the bathroom in the dark. Sometimes all the electricity in the entire house is out- computers, alarm clocks, etc. It's all black. I go back to bed, the next morning everything is fine and working properly.

This experience is completely normal except for the lack of working light bulbs. No weird stuff happening to suggest it is a dream.

When this first started happening I thought it was an actual electrical malfunction- something to do with the house, not my mind, but it has happened at every place I've moved to. I had one of these experiences the other night and it was the first one in a while, though I was more certain this one was a dream because when I tried to turn the lamp on it was in the wrong place, as if someone had moved it across the room. When I woke up the lamp was obviously exactly where it was supposed to be.

These experiences seem very real to me, and somewhat annoying. Trying to go to the bathroom in the dark in the middle of the night isn't exactly a picnic. I honestly don't know if they are dreams or if I'm sleepwalking or what.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
Are you scared that these lights would not turn on sometimes? have you tried asking yourself before you dose off again for help in understanding this catalyst? I never got these experiences like you did but I always ask now days for the higher-self to impart on any lesson it wishes to impart on me during sleep. And boy oh boy was last night's dream not only great but a lesson too.
Couldn't resist emboldening these. Hope you don't mind.

~p~

(02-11-2010, 08:05 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to go to the bathroom in the dark in the middle of the night isn't exactly a picnic.

(02-11-2010, 08:05 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]Do not fear the darkness. Press on, and be the light that shines within it.

fairyfarmgirl

LOL! Look for the natural Luminosity that all things emanate... And you will be able to "see" in the dark using the 3rd eye abilities. I do it all the time.

From time to time all the lights will flicker and just go out... When we check the circuit breakers---nothing is tripped. We check the lightbulbs--- still good... So we have come to regard these expereinces as simply happening. When it does--- we shrug our shoulders and continue on with a flashlight or candles if at night.

Though when it does happen we feel goosebumpy like we are chilled but do not feel cold and the hairs on our arms and back of the head feel like they are being lifted. Also, if we are in bed or sitting in a chair it feels like someone is shaking the bed or chair... and then it stops... but there is no noise. Then the experience passes and all return to normal. I wonder if these things have to do with Earth Based Space friends?

One time the lights went out and the body symptoms happened and a giagantic Golden Light Sphere flew down the street and then disappeared. I watched it happen at 2 am in the morning last year.

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
Haha... electric things in general. When I walk down a street at night, street lights shut off as I approach them. Electrical things stop and start working with no rhyme or reason.
I had a similar experience, just one though. The light of those here who have these experiences regularly must be very bright!

Brittany

The thing is, I generally don't associate these instances with fear. I don't recall being scared when this happens, just confused, like "hey, why won' t the light turn on?". And it always happens in the middle of the night and no other time. I used to have the experiences with streetlights, but after they doped me up on anti-psychotics in college that stopped happening. It's like those drugs took away something that I can't quite fully get back, even though I've been off them for years now. I suppose if it IS a dream it could be a huge symbol-something about how I'm not getting the picture and letting the light in or something, but it seems very real.
Um, please forgive me for asking, but when these things happen and you go to the bathroom - what happens? Going to the bathroom is a very physical thing, and if you do it and don't feel the usual relief, then your body probably isn't with you right then... I have no idea what it's like to sleepwalk, though...
Maybe you are more fully in your light when this happens, making the lights go out the way you used to before being put on drugs?

Brittany

I've gone to the bathroom in my dreams numerous times (without actually going in real life.) People can do all kinds of things in their sleep. Some people even drive so I think it's possible to sleepwalk and use the bathroom all in one go. However, I am unsure as to whether I am sleepwalking when this happens. Like I said, everything seems completely normal except for the fact that the lights won't turn on.
I've learned that dreams tend to play out to certain expectations. If there are other people in our dream, they tend to reflect certain sides of ourselves.

The lights not turning on could be considered a dream sign. If you can test yourself each day with a reality check, in a dream you might be awakened to the fact it is a dream, and thus become lucid. Reality checks are little tests, such as squeezing your nostrils together and trying to breathe through your nose. In a dream, you'd still be able to. If you have this electrical dream often, it's a great opportunity for you.
Aside from the dream, do you feel that you need to do something, on a personal level (physical, spiritual, mental, etc) that an external force or power over which you have no control is preventing you from doing in your life? It sounds like there is an urge or desire that is being blocked by a situation or maybe insufficient information so that you can't move forward and accomplish whatever it is.
(02-12-2010, 08:25 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]everything seems completely normal except for the fact that the lights won't turn on.

This is a classic, textbook description of a lucid dream.

Lucid dreams can be so real that you really do think you are awake.

In fact, it is commonly taught in lucid dreaming books that the surefire way to know if you are dreaming is to try to turn on the light. If the light switch doesn't work, then you are dreaming.

Sweet dreams! Smile