Bring4th

Full Version: Eye Color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Something I've always wondered about is why there are different eye colors (few though they may be) and hair color for that matter. Not to focus too much on difference, but I just find it to be fascinating that the variety is as limited as it is.

I've read before that different "races" independently arose throughout the world and this idea goes against the common ancestor claim. Anyone have anything interesting to share in regards to this?

One Love.
(03-29-2014, 06:44 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

Something I've always wondered about is why there are different eye colors (few though they may be) and hair color for that matter. Not to focus too much on difference, but I just find it to be fascinating that the variety is as limited as it is.

I've read before that different "races" independently arose throughout the world and this idea goes against the common ancestor claim. Anyone have anything interesting to share in regards to this?

One Love.
Groups of people, living in isolation, adapted to their local environment over time by producing more or less melanin. Not too interesting.
[/quote] Groups of people, living in isolation, adapted to their local environment over time by producing more or less melanin. Not too interesting.
[/quote]

Well thanks for the enthusiastic scientific reductionist response, but I find variety interesting. Anyone else?

Didn't Ra mention something about Atlanteans having red skin?
(03-29-2014, 08:17 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Well thanks for the enthusiastic scientific reductionist response
By pointing out the explanation as reductionistic, you are suggesting the basis of physical expression is nonreduced. It is from this vague, nonreduced idea that you dwell in fascination. Ra was asked about and offered a (mundane) explanation for these differences and further offered that the study of this variety was not a fruitful endeavor. Of course, any non reduced fantasy-notion idea has a potential to serve as personal allegory, in which case you are affectively asking for interpretation of your free association. The personal unconscious is always interesting.
Groups of people, living in isolation, adapted to their local environment over time by producing more or less melanin. Not too interesting.
[/quote]

Well thanks for the enthusiastic scientific reductionist response, but I find variety interesting. Anyone else?

Didn't Ra mention something about Atlanteans having red skin?
[/quote]

I.e you didn't make me feel special so I blame my own lack of enthusiasm on you.

Seems to me variety and adaptation are one and the same so how does that response even make sense ?
Nevermind. I wasn't ready for attack-mode. RA refers to the people of Mars or Maldek coming to earth. I was looking into expression of form. If everything is just going to come down to simplistic science and personality analysis, what is the point of "discussion forums" with know-it-alls?
(03-30-2014, 01:56 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind. I wasn't ready for attack-mode. Ra refers to the people of Mars or Maldek coming to earth. I was looking into expression of form. If everything is just going to come down to simplistic science and personality analysis, what is the point of "discussion forums" with know-it-alls?
Good point, victim. Maybe you could try not being a know it all, and see how that works out?
Wow zen"master" you have a bigger Ego than the grand canyon. Let it go.

Time to put that Ego to rest:
What is the sound of one man yapping - zen"master".

A monk asked his master, "Does a dog have Buddha-nature"
The Master replied, "more-so than zen"master".

Dogen of the Rinzai sect began the Soto school because of know-it-alls like zen"master".

By the way, no true Zen master would ever call himself "zenmaster".

Get that Ego in check and spoil some other website forum. When you offer your knowledge (which I admire) it is great, but you are condescending. Knock it off.
(03-30-2014, 01:56 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind. I wasn't ready for attack-mode. Ra refers to the people of Mars or Maldek coming to earth. I was looking into expression of form. If everything is just going to come down to simplistic science and personality analysis, what is the point of "discussion forums" with know-it-alls?

Imagine if you dismissed every piece of advice as somehow tainted because you assumed the stimulus comes from some sort of enemy who just wishes to ridicule you.

Do you ridicule the sun for setting ? What about the animals that "attacked" us to allow for key mutations which in turn allow for life the good and bad ? Are they know it alls to ?

(03-30-2014, 02:54 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow zen"master" you have a bigger Ego than the grand canyon. Let it go.

Dogen of the Rinzai sect began the Soto school because of know-it-alls like zen"master".

Get that Ego in check and spoil some other website forum. When you offer your knowledge (which I admire) it is great, but you are condescending. Knock it off.

No true neutral would call himself neutral.
(03-30-2014, 02:56 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]

Imagine if you dismissed every piece of advice as somehow tainted because you assumed the stimulus comes from some sort of enemy who just wishes to ridicule you.

What advice did you offer specifically zen"master"...um I mean Sagittarius?
(03-30-2014, 03:02 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2014, 02:56 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]

What advice did you offer specifically zen"master"...um I mean Sagittarius?

By providing a mirrored view of what you where implying. What all life is made through and what all life calls for with every reaction.
(03-30-2014, 02:56 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Do you ridicule the sun for setting ? What about the animals that "attacked" us to allow for key mutations which in turn allow for life the good and bad ? Are they know it alls to ?

Huh

(03-30-2014, 03:06 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2014, 02:56 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]Do you ridicule the sun for setting ? What about the animals that "attacked" us to allow for key mutations which in turn allow for life the good and bad ? Are they know it alls to ?

Huh

Let's please end this thread here. It has been hijacked and become completely unproductive. Please stop.
We can't stop Wink

Fang

We won't stop
(03-30-2014, 03:12 AM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]We can't stop Wink

Cool I know it is addicting to argue with intelligent people. Between you (two/one) and gemini wolf, my threads stay on subject for about two posts and then they go way off in another direction.Wink

Fang

Combo breaker Sad
(03-30-2014, 03:25 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]Combo breaker Sad

[Image: Sub-Zero_Fatality_MK2.png]

Melissa

"To be oneself, simply oneself, is so amazing and utterly unique an experience that it’s hard to convince oneself so singular a thing happens to everybody.”
(03-30-2014, 04:50 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]"To be oneself, simply oneself, is so amazing and utterly unique an experience that it’s hard to convince oneself so singular a thing happens to everybody.”

Remember it only seems hard. The concept of hard/easy cannot be exempt from scrutiny.

Melissa

After reading this thread I don't feel like this happens to everyone. Otherwise it wouldn't derail in such a manner. Stopped by for huggles and chuckles. Bye.
(03-30-2014, 02:54 AM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow zen"master" you have a bigger Ego than the grand canyon. Let it go.

BigSmile
he's explained several times on this forum that the zenmaster name is a joke bc he found the zen master stories to be humorous
(03-30-2014, 04:50 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]"To be oneself, simply oneself, is so amazing and utterly unique an experience that it’s hard to convince oneself so singular a thing happens to everybody.”
How about Terence's "Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto", or "As I am a man, nothing of the human condition is foreign to me".

Fang

lol, no one beats sub zero.