Bring4th

Full Version: Seth Raphael claims Randi's Million Dollar Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

"At the MIT Media Lab in April 2008, Hi-Tech Magician Seth Raphael (http://magicseth.com/) challenged James Randi (http://randi.org/), claiming his computer can read minds. Randi accepted the challenge and then watched as Seth's computer succeeded in passing all of his tests. Witness Randi handing Seth the first good faith check for $10,000. Seth performs all of these miracles in live shows for companies across the world."

Fang

lolol
I can hear the combined groans of new ager's in my head haha.
I honestly thought that Randi would never pay out.
Wow, I'm way behind on the news. This is pretty awesome!
What is a good faith check? That the rest of the money will be awarded?
(04-02-2014, 07:57 PM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]What is a good faith check? That the rest of the money will be awarded?

I would assume so. Perhaps he will further analyse the video and if it still seems to have met the 3 criterion the full amount will be given at a later date.
Did I miss something? The whole thing was an April fools joke I thought.

Melissa

(04-03-2014, 01:17 AM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]Did I miss something? The whole thing was an April fools joke I thought.

No, it was indeed a joke.
(04-03-2014, 01:17 AM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]Did I miss something? The whole thing was an April fools joke I thought.

Regardless, jokes still have potential lessons.
As does actual experience. I have had a few people remotely describe an object I hold in my hand, visually accurate. It seems that the genuine people are not interested in proving ability to a master in 'sleight of hand'. I wonder why.
Maybe that is not their (silly) lesson.
(04-04-2014, 04:17 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]As does actual experience. I have had a few people remotely describe an object I hold in my hand, visually accurate. It seems that the genuine people are not interested in proving ability to a master in 'sleight of hand'. I wonder why.

How do you define a "genuine" person are we not all human ? Seems strange to me in light of the Ra materials teachings to judge another solely based on there space/time display.

Your comment can be understood to be quite hypocritical so who is really the master in "slight of hand"

Hands can be allegorically seen to be the quintessential enabler of human will hence the left/right hand path. What you say about others you say about yourself..........see where I'am heading here ?