Bring4th

Full Version: There's beauty in death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I imagined what it was like to die. I let the energy fill me and transform me like death would. Like I do when I am tired of life and want to go home. I feel a pain in my head, that dissipates.

Then I am comforted with a beautiful feeling. Like now I want to stay. I wonder what this is. First I want to depart, and now I wish to stay. A certain beauty comes upon me when I ponder death.
It's amazing how synchronous this is.

I've recently been feeling the 'vibrations' of that archetype while understanding it from a deeper view.

Death is synonymous with transformation. Where people resist transformation then physical death is the transformation. (Or are too tired for?)

Smile

Unbound

One of my favorite books is about a necromantic romance between Azrael and his living, partial incarnate self whom is also his lover. Supposedly a true tale as well, and it hits my heart unlike many other things.
What's the name of that book, Tanner?

Unbound

Our Name Is Melancholy by Leilah Wendell. She sells the book through her business called Westgate and the Azrael Project which she uses as the vehicle for her expressions. There are some very incredible ideas in the book that sounded deeply with me and there is something starkly genuine about it for me. I have a very deep respect and compassion for the dead, to say the least.
Sounds really interesting, thank you for sharing.
(04-06-2014, 10:18 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]It's amazing how synchronous this is.

I've recently been feeling the 'vibrations' of that archetype while understanding it from a deeper view.

Death is synonymous with transformation. Where people resist transformation then physical death is the transformation. (Or are too tired for?)

Smile

Can death still come for those who welcome it, rather than those who resist transformation?
(04-07-2014, 10:01 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Can death still come for those who welcome it, rather than those who resist transformation?

Obviously, I was sort of communicating out of what I had just learnt, but it is not the 'whole' truth.

Edgar Cayce once said 'save the transition, when desired.'
What did Cayce mean by that?
Doesn't make sense without the whole quote does it? (That I cannot recall).

I think it might have been 'Then there shall be no death, save the transition, when desired'. And before that it was highlighting positive spiritual practices.

Anyway, without the direct reference I needn't have bothered.
I found the quote.

Nothing grows, nothing remains alone unless dead. A mind, a body that sits alone and considers the outside and never turning that within to the out, nor that without from within, soon finds drosses setting up in the system; for development is change. Change is the activity of knowledge from within. Learn to live! Then there is no death, save the transition, when desired.

http://blogananda.com/archives/79

It makes me think there may be a way to consciously choose to die, without suicide.
I wasn't clear before. The case studies I was looking at were of people who had met a transition point in their lives, decided not to make the transition and then decided to die as an alternative. At least, that is the convincing case the author puts forward.

That's a fantastic quote!

I think probably death without suicide isn't so much an active choice but more of a 'letting go' of a body that can't function anymore? I think perhaps some people hang on far longer than their natural time.

My father was dying a horribly painful, but mostly unconscious death and I used to pray for him 'for the highest good'. Every time I did he would take a massive turn towards death. His wife was praying to keep him alive and I saw that manifested as another force that was keeping him alive even when there was no conceivable chance he was to get better and it would only cause him suffering.
I read a book where a family's prayers were keeping the person alive. They finally told the family to stop praying for them because of how beautiful the other side was. Evidently they had seen the other side, and returned a number of times because of the prayers.
It's powerful stuff.

There is a certain image to my situation I described that unsettled me a bit. I was praying and he was dying, regardless of circumstance, in a sense I was embodying death, as part of the Creators will.
When my grandma died, I could tell she was ready to go. Well, she talked about wanting to go some time before her death because of illness. She had emphysema from smoking. I didn't see her pass as she lived out of state. But it wasn't hard on me. I know she's in a better place now. It's been about a year or so. I don't smoke, so I'll probably live into my 70's, unless something happens.
(04-06-2014, 06:29 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]A certain beauty comes upon me when I ponder death.
same here. i love to ponder it & to look forward to it

"for fame immortal them awaits who freely give their bodies up for others, and despise the flesh, which drops like dew from lotus-cup"
(04-07-2014, 04:04 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Our Name Is Melancholy by Leilah Wendell. She sells the book through her business called Westgate and the Azrael Project which she uses as the vehicle for her expressions. There are some very incredible ideas in the book that sounded deeply with me and there is something starkly genuine about it for me. I have a very deep respect and compassion for the dead, to say the least.

Does that book talk about what it's like on the other side of death?

Unbound

(04-08-2014, 02:49 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2014, 04:04 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Our Name Is Melancholy by Leilah Wendell. She sells the book through her business called Westgate and the Azrael Project which she uses as the vehicle for her expressions. There are some very incredible ideas in the book that sounded deeply with me and there is something starkly genuine about it for me. I have a very deep respect and compassion for the dead, to say the least.

Does that book talk about what it's like on the other side of death?

Hmm, a little bit, there are definitely parts, but not from the standpoint of a person dying, from the standpoint of Death as an entity itself.

You could say it shows the abode of Death.

A warning to anyone thinking of reading that book that it is quite intense and it includes necromantic rituals that are not for the light-hearted. I have not, nor plan to do any of the rituals, but be cautious, my friends. The beckoning of power can allure easily.
(04-08-2014, 03:27 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]A warning to anyone thinking of reading that book that it is quite intense and it includes necromantic rituals that are not for the light-hearted. I have not, nor plan to do any of the rituals, but be cautious, my friends. The beckoning of power can allure easily.

Come on, wouldn't it be cool to use necromancy to have a talking skull pet ala Torment style?

Unbound

Yes, it would be, but also terrifying for most people aha

If you enjoy spending the night with a corpse you could try some of the rituals out.
Wouldn't one need to become initiated in some form in order to perform those sorts of rituals effectively? Initiation can be terrifying.

Unbound

Those who work with Death are usually initiated by a process that is very solitary, at least in my experience. In this case, I would say these rituals are a form of self initiation to become intimate with the energy of Death. I, personally, am not so extreme in my work with the dead but I can't deny the potency of the rituals.