Bring4th

Full Version: The Point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Unbound

So, for all of your spiritual or material seeking, for all your pursuits of knowledge, wisdom and love, where are you directed? What is important to you? What drives you to continue on the path you are on and what gives you faith in the elements it is comprised of? Do you trust your own knowing?

To put it down to the basics, what is your point that you try to bring to the table, passive or active? When you interact with others, to help or otherwise, what do your actions revolve around? What is the point of the things you express and the way you approach others and the life around you? What drives you to be the person that you are?
Autonomy.
The mystery is rather intoxicating...
My God, I can't really answer any of these questions. Ummm, is the correct answer love?
my intention is to inspire myself, and shared inspiration expands the collective situation, it expands our sense of purpose.

"There is no starting and stopping, only the momentum of universal doing"

Fang

The point? The end goal? To not be motivated by a consequentialist mentality Wink

Quote:What is important to you?
Funk music and the freedom to boogie

Quote:Do you trust your own knowing?
Oh yeah, took a while to build a respectable epistemological framework though.

Quote:What drives you to be the person that you are?
An impelling force to be rad, also if I learn as much as I can I help people who are in need.

Quote:My God, I can't really answer any of these questions. Ummm, is the correct answer love?
Lol, nailed it Folky my man
(04-10-2014, 03:47 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]So, for all of your spiritual or material seeking, for all your pursuits of knowledge, wisdom and love, where are you directed? What is important to you? What drives you to continue on the path you are on and what gives you faith in the elements it is comprised of? Do you trust your own knowing?

To put it down to the basics, what is your point that you try to bring to the table, passive or active? When you interact with others, to help or otherwise, what do your actions revolve around? What is the point of the things you express and the way you approach others and the life around you? What drives you to be the person that you are?

Woah woah woah, that's way too deep man.

I'm just here for the food.
The point I am seeking is the point of balance.

Melissa

Love & food, shared and sprinkled with a little wisdom, lots of laughter.
Ultimate goal is to graduate.
But while I'm here it's to feel unconditional love.
And to send love out into the world.
But balanced with wisdom.
I'm just stupidly curious.
I can't really explain it, its something so obvious to me that i haven't really thought about putting it into words.

Unbound

For myself, I am ever seeking the Heart of the Heart, the Mystery of the Mystery, the Magic of the Magic. For me, the experiencing of myself and other selves as the Creator, both finite and infinite, drives me forward. The reason I hold such high and often fantastical beliefs is because I believe that the key to awareness of the magical nature of existence is found in the faith of that. For me, there is a functional purpose behind every sense of self that I have.

I guess to sum it up, I strive to be a bastion of faith. To hold on to that magical inner child which sees itself and the world as limited only by the imagination. This is not done in spite of my "adult" self but is indeed done so that my adult self may never disconnect from the magic and wonder of reality and experience as my heart knows it. The world is a tough place to live in and, in my belief, we need as much love and connectivity as we can get if we are to thrive. Knowledge is good and often useful, but knowledge is a matter of technique and is not the heart.

Quote:Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

The second-ranking lessons are learn/taught in meditation and in service. At some point the mind/body/spirit complex is so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts or distortions that the techniques you have mentioned become quite significant. However, the universe, its mystery unbroken, is one. Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.

Quote:There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
Fang give this band a listen.

Dat funky fusion of country/metal/funk. There bass grooves are mint.
Tanner, you truly are a remarkable person. God bless you Smile
Funk is good (apologies for thread hijack)

Quote:To put it down to the basics, what is your point that you try to bring to the table, passive or active? When you interact with others, to help or otherwise, what do your actions revolve around? What is the point of the things you express and the way you approach others and the life around you? What drives you to be the person that you are?

- love and respect Mother Earth
- trying to keep a humble heart
- with love, respect and lots of laughter
- the beauty, magic and mystery of nature
(04-10-2014, 04:25 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Funk is good (apologies for thread hijack)

I was actually about to post that album before I decided to post primus instead lol.
Lasagne has made a dramatic increase in taste buds in regards to 3rd density illusion. That's why I'm here
(04-10-2014, 08:56 AM)Horuseus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just here for the food.

[Image: punchandpie.jpg?w=692&h=390]
Personally if thee was no such thing as milk I would have offed myself by now lol.
I'm here to clear my distortions and return to source.

Fang

Sagt, that's cool stuff. I'm mainly into funk mixed with jazz but all funk is acceptable.

Spaced, Funkadelic changed my life. Many have hypothesied my fascination with them as a youngin' to be responsible for the development of my funky strut. If we are to talk of the grooves that make us move though we should probably take it elsewhere lol
These days I'm into more neo-soul :p

I'am about to start learning jazz style on the drums. I got the triplets down packed pretty well, it's the improvisation on the snare/bass and fitting that around the triplets that melts my brain at the moment.

Got the time/money now to learn from a teacher so that should speed me up a bit Wink.
I think I'd like to be able to cuddle with anyone at any time.

Unbound

(04-10-2014, 04:22 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Tanner, you truly are a remarkable person. God bless you Smile

Aha I wish I felt that way about myself all the time. Thank you for your sentiment.

Also thank everyone for sharing your thoughts and passions. This is the quote I was thinking of when I posted this thread.

Quote:If you will penetrate the nature of the first distortion in its application of self knowing self, you may begin to distinguish the hallmark of an Infinite Creator, variety. Were there no potentials for misunderstanding and, therefore, understanding, there would be no experience.

I really wanted to highlight how when it comes down to each individual's passion and goals, there is no wrong way to go. Each and every one of your paths is real and will lead you somewhere. I stopped trying to determine whether or not all paths lead to the same end because really I see it doesn't matter. What matters is that paths are discovered and traveled.

P.S. - Primus and Funkadelic are both excellent (although I'm hard-pressed to call much of Primus funk, but there is definitely influence[/quote] aha)

(04-10-2014, 11:21 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]I'am about to start learning jazz style on the drums. I got the triplets down packed pretty well, it's the improvisation on the snare/bass and fitting that around the triplets that melts my brain at the moment.

Got the time/money now to learn from a teacher so that should speed me up a bit Wink.

Excellent, I have been drumming for about 12 years now, it's good stuff!

Are you working on triplets in terms of left-right patterns? Like LRL RLR LRL RLR? Or more like LLR LLR LLR, RRL RRL RRL? How about some paradiddles? LRLL RLRR LRLL RLRR or double paradiddles? LRLRLL RLRLRR Or maybe some paradiddle-diddles? RLRRLL LRLLRR

Drumming is so much fun aha
(04-10-2014, 09:33 PM)Guardian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm here to clear my distortions and return to source.

I've often thought of that, wondering if I'm a wanderer from the Logos. I believe we can find the greatest rest in merging with Creator once again.

Fang

Quote:Are you working on triplets in terms of left-right patterns? Like LRL RLR LRL RLR? Or more like LLR LLR LLR, RRL RRL RRL? How about some paradiddles? LRLL RLRR LRLL RLRR or double paradiddles? LRLRLL RLRLRR Or maybe some paradiddle-diddles? RLRRLL LRLLRR

Ah the old paradiddle riddle lol

I'm a drummer too, jazz based, keep at it sagt. jazz drumming really frees up a person's skills (and mind) usually making them more adept at most styles.
(04-11-2014, 05:02 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2014, 04:22 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Tanner, you truly are a remarkable person. God bless you Smile

Aha I wish I felt that way about myself all the time. Thank you for your sentiment.

Also thank everyone for sharing your thoughts and passions. This is the quote I was thinking of when I posted this thread.

Quote:If you will penetrate the nature of the first distortion in its application of self knowing self, you may begin to distinguish the hallmark of an Infinite Creator, variety. Were there no potentials for misunderstanding and, therefore, understanding, there would be no experience.

I really wanted to highlight how when it comes down to each individual's passion and goals, there is no wrong way to go. Each and every one of your paths is real and will lead you somewhere. I stopped trying to determine whether or not all paths lead to the same end because really I see it doesn't matter. What matters is that paths are discovered and traveled.

P.S. - Primus and Funkadelic are both excellent (although I'm hard-pressed to call much of Primus funk, but there is definitely influence
aha)

(04-10-2014, 11:21 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]I'am about to start learning jazz style on the drums. I got the triplets down packed pretty well, it's the improvisation on the snare/bass and fitting that around the triplets that melts my brain at the moment.

Excellent, I have been drumming for about 12 years now, it's good stuff!

Are you working on triplets in terms of left-right patterns? Like LRL RLR LRL RLR? Or more like LLR LLR LLR, RRL RRL RRL? How about some paradiddles? LRLL RLRR LRLL RLRR or double paradiddles? LRLRLL RLRLRR Or maybe some paradiddle-diddles? RLRRLL LRLLRR

[/quote]

All of those haha, I tend to divide my practice into half disciplined playing i.e sticking to patterns and un-learnt rudiments, staying in time signatures and half just jamming with whatever comes out and covering songs or playing my own groove to songs without putting any strong thought into it.

Right now I'am changing my technique, being self taught I was using my shoulder/bicep/forearm's more then was efficient as my teacher pointed out the other week. Gotta get those wrists more central. I also tend to play open handed so I'am concentrating on staying closed handed atm.
Pages: 1 2