Bring4th

Full Version: Meditative visions - and other visualisations.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey people:

Like the dream thread, I wondered whether it would be a good idea to set up a thread on those meditations where a vision suddenly creeps in.

Perhaps vision isn't the best term. Instructive- imaginations?

After some sexually explicit imagery I won't include. I was going forward on a pathway to what I thought was a pyramid. But as I got closer it looked more like a Gua-ould glider from Stargate SG-1. It was dark inside, then I got shot out of the top, through a light beam, and tumbled down the pyramid. Tumbling down was a bit 'imagined painful' and at the bottom there were a group of entities. At first I wondered at their polarity but I felt them to be positive. I got angry, an anger I feel quite often, and got up with two massive knives ready to fight them. They half telekinetically and half physically held my arms forcibly so I couldn't move them, and said: 'we're going to have to disarm you.'
I don't usually get visions while meditating. It's feelings. Either pressure on my chakras, sometimes anxiety. And sometimes feeling comforted, like I'm being held. I like to meditate on Creator, as well as my social memory complex, because that is home. They are both home. One is not more home than the other. I am one with Creator. I am one with my social memory complex. I just don't experience that because of the veil. But I know I am unconditionally loved by them. So I can rest in that. I like to imagine I am home with my complex, enjoying the activities of the day, before I go home for good with Creator, until the mystery that I do not plumb comes around. To where I create universes. That is a desire of mine, and every desire will be fulfilled.

Sometimes I also focus on my higher self. But the social memory complex feels more like family.
Having experienced numerous images in mediation it isn't anything of great interest to me. I think people should stop buying into the idea that mediation is this rainbow unicorn experience you do a couple of times a week without really integrating the awareness into your daily life.

Just like most dreams are based on our previous karma, hopes and fears they can provide us with some useful knowledge from the unconsciousness through to the subconsciousness into the conscious although we filler most of this information through our persona.

So it's in the same sense that most dreams aren't massive spiritual experiences the same can be said about airy visions in meditation.

Perhaps the best advice i have read about this subject can be summed up as this,

If you can describe your experience its not it. Wink
(04-13-2014, 05:59 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Just like most dreams are based on our previous karma, hopes and fears they can provide us with some useful knowledge from the unconsciousness through to the subconsciousness into the conscious although we filler most of this information through our persona.

How are most dreams based on previous karma?

Also, the persona being an outward complex would not seem to apply in an introspectively conscious endeavor like dream interpretation.
Most dreams are based on our previous actions/reactions throughout our recent experiences. Although they can indeed be created out of any point in our personal history. I base this on the practice of Dream Yoga which has 3 categories of dreaming. The first type being Samsara dreams or dreams based on karma.

The persona may not be fully active in the dreaming but upon awaking and recalling the dreams coming form our subconsciousness it will indeed filter the experience.

(04-13-2014, 08:50 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2014, 05:59 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Just like most dreams are based on our previous karma, hopes and fears they can provide us with some useful knowledge from the unconsciousness through to the subconsciousness into the conscious although we filler most of this information through our persona.

How are most dreams based on previous karma?

Also, the persona being an outward complex would not seem to apply in an introspectively conscious endeavor like dream interpretation.
I got a sense of excitement when I decided not to approach Creator any closer, but to integrate where I am at. It feels reassuring not being pressured to advance.
(04-13-2014, 06:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I got a sense of excitement when I decided not to approach Creator any closer, but to integrate where I am at. It feels reassuring not being pressured to advance.

I read an astrology book recently that talked about the myth of Gemini as the integration of the 'twin', the other side of the face. But really as with archetypes. All myths refer to all people at different times Smile.
(04-13-2014, 05:59 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Having experienced numerous images in mediation it isn't anything of great interest to me. I think people should stop buying into the idea that mediation is this rainbow unicorn experience you do a couple of times a week without really integrating the awareness into your daily life.

Just like most dreams are based on our previous karma, hopes and fears they can provide us with some useful knowledge from the unconsciousness through to the subconsciousness into the conscious although we filler most of this information through our persona.

So it's in the same sense that most dreams aren't massive spiritual experiences the same can be said about airy visions in meditation.

Perhaps the best advice i have read about this subject can be summed up as this,

I personally think it's great recieving images through meditation, unless you haven't experienced it, you don't really know how important it is to an individual.

I've received images during meditation, which answered/gave me feedback on certain blockages in my daily life. It's a sort of tool that you can use to communicate with your higher self that doesn't infringe upon your free will.

As far as dreams, your higher self can create a dream specifically intending to send you "clues" using symbols. So I think meditation if anything is underrated, people should perform meditation as often as they can. The world would be an easier place to understand.
I also like to send love/light to all creation. But sometimes I found we need to get off our butts and go and serve. We have some plants outdoors that needed watering, and I was waiting on that, wanting instead to meditate. Eventually, the love grew to the point where I could take it no longer, and I got the plant food, and took a container of water and watered the one Red Tip that needed it the most. It was turning yellow.

Later, after this I felt humbleness come over me. It is these feelings I cherish rather than looking for particular images in meditation. But sometimes I do get furry images which are heartwarming. I like those. But they are distracting me from working on myself.

Unbound

I get visions almost 24/7 on all sorts of things, my mental activity is very audio-visual.
(04-13-2014, 07:20 PM)Hotsizzle77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2014, 05:59 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Having experienced numerous images in mediation it isn't anything of great interest to me. I think people should stop buying into the idea that mediation is this rainbow unicorn experience you do a couple of times a week without really integrating the awareness into your daily life.

I personally think it's great recieving images through meditation, unless you haven't experienced it, you don't really know how important it is to an individual.

I've received images during meditation, which answered/gave me feedback on certain blockages in my daily life. It's a sort of tool that you can use to communicate with your higher self that doesn't infringe upon your free will.

As far as dreams, your higher self can create a dream specifically intending to send you "clues" using symbols. So I think meditation if anything is underrated, people should perform meditation as often as they can. The world would be an easier place to understand.

I am referring to the point of getting caught up in audio/visionary experiences rather than developing the awareness/concentration to the point of samadhi.

Such experiences of the senses during meditation can indeed be a useful tool but my personal feelings and many great meditation teachers also point out is the stage of letting go of such experiences to further ripen your practice.

In the same sense that i don't consider every dream i have as a massive experience nor do i object to the ability to learn from them.
Matt1, how does one's persona filter a dream experience?How do you define "persona"?

Fang

I think I may have posted this before but what the hey.

The very first time I meditated a couple years back now I was immediately struck with a "visionary experience". I was in a void of pure white all except a vortex of what I could only describe as "black liquid electricity" (lol what a term). I was dragged into and consumed by this vortex by some force of attraction and then opened my eyes and was back in my bedroom. In this experience I was "there" in the sense that I was not seeing this with my minds eye but seemed to be fully sensually involved (of course though it did happen in mind).

It was fairly wild stuff, especially for the first go around and really not something I wish to happen again lol. I don't really meditate much these days, haven't in months and personally I enjoy not doing it. Personally I prefer "dreamwork" for learning of self as it gives you a look in the mirror while you're naked (I mean that in a non narcissist manner).

Though it hasn't really been explicitly stated otherwise in this thread I will just offer an unsolicited personal view that meditative visions (or any supposed trans-molecular experience that is apparently a by product of the practice) are not a reason to meditate. There is no reason to meditate, if you do it to get something ("cool") out of it then maybe you should meditate on that Wink
Awesome coincidence since I just had an interesting vision. I decided to go a bit deeper than before so I envisioned this old fashioned elevator where it was more of a cage as I could see myself descending lower and lower. As I reached the bottom and the door opened, I was in some sort of building with steel beams everywhere kinda like a factory. At the end I could see a very bright light and as I approached it, this light turned into a chrome disc shaped craft kinda like that old movie flight of the navigator but stretched a bit more

As I'm looking at it, I see a chrome figure standing beside it with very stretched out limbs. It's body was very fluid and appeared to have little in the way of joints or more rubbery would be the best way to explain it. I kept getting the feeling that it was getting ready to leave to go somewhere. All of a sudden, I had this feeling like it was the prep point for beginning the trip as a wanderer. I had this strange vision of the council of Saturn was there like an approval process or something.

Certainly interesting though my logical mind takes over and just thinks I have an overactive imagination lol

Fang

Quote:Certainly interesting though my logical mind takes over and just thinks I have an overactive imagination lol

Well your rational faculty is fed by your intuition (and rationality feeds/nurtures intuition), and it sounds like you have some rather nutritious intuitive information for learning/nurturing of your mind.
(04-15-2014, 06:13 AM)Fang Wrote: [ -> ]I think I may have posted this before but what the hey.

The very first time I meditated a couple years back now I was immediately struck with a "visionary experience". I was in a void of pure white all except a vortex of what I could only describe as "black liquid electricity" (lol what a term). I was dragged into and consumed by this vortex by some force of attraction and then opened my eyes and was back in my bedroom. In this experience I was "there" in the sense that I was not seeing this with my minds eye but seemed to be fully sensually involved (of course though it did happen in mind).

It was fairly wild stuff, especially for the first go around and really not something I wish to happen again lol. I don't really meditate much these days, haven't in months and personally I enjoy not doing it. Personally I prefer "dreamwork" for learning of self as it gives you a look in the mirror while you're naked (I mean that in a non narcissist manner).

Though it hasn't really been explicitly stated otherwise in this thread I will just offer an unsolicited personal view that meditative visions (or any supposed trans-molecular experience that is apparently a by product of the practice) are not a reason to meditate. There is no reason to meditate, if you do it to get something ("cool") out of it then maybe you should meditate on that Wink
i love this post

i also enjoy not (formally) meditating. i do it very little. i feel like meditating is something u can't really get around doing anyway. i feel like i'm always meditating...especially when i'm just staring off into space. i'll often get a "WHAT are u looking at so intently?" & i reply w/ "SPACE" or "MY THOUGHTS"

just mentioned this in another thread but here's where it belongs so i'll mention it here too. the main reason i don't meditate much is bc it causes me to see these star-like thingys & i'm not keen on seeing things that i feel rn't supposed to be there. i prefer getting visions when i'm dreaming

another thing, when meditating i can't help but imagine there's an infinite amount of space between my eyes & my eyelids & being able to see this "infinite amount of space" & feeling like i am that infinite space kinda overwhelms me
I would think infinite space would be freeing. Although in dreams, very distant objects like the most remote stars freak me out because I'm afraid if I focus on them, I'll be teleported far from home and not be able to come back. It's also hard for me to meditate on being in front of the sun, or a large star because of fear of being pulled into it. Though I did have one supercharged meditation where I visualized being in the sun. It was quite energizing.
(04-15-2014, 10:51 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I would think infinite space would be freeing. Although in dreams, very distant objects like the most remote stars freak me out because I'm afraid if I focus on them, I'll be teleported far from home and not be able to come back. It's also hard for me to meditate on being in front of the sun, or a large star because of fear of being pulled into it. Though I did have one supercharged meditation where I visualized being in the sun. It was quite energizing.
there was a time when i found it freeing. i still kinda do but i can't take it for more than a few minutes

i think i did a bad job explaining how i do it so i'll try again. i imagine the blackness that i see when i close my eyes is actually space...not an eyelid, not 2d, but 3d - an infinite room w/ no end, no beginning, no walls...makes me feel like a vacuum or like a black hole
Can't say I've had any 'in your face' type visions, though the Active Imagination exercises by Carl Jung has proved quite useful:

http://warners.newsvine.com/_news/2007/0...-with-self
I've never thought of the space behind my eyes as actual space. It's been awhile since I've done a visual meditation. Usually I go by feeling. But I like to visualize white light of Creator softly washing over me. Or washing is not the best word, as it doesn't move. I'm just in the presence of the Light. But I found it doesn't really matter what I focus on when I meditate. I feel the same. So whether it's my social memory complex, higher self, Creator, or helping Earth, it feels the same. Perhaps only furries make me feel different, as they get me giddy and excited. Of course that sensation can wear off before too long so I can't use them all the time to feel good.

Fang

To clarify, there is a "reason" to meditate, but it's not get something out of it, you know? that's why it's so paradoxical hence the "looped" joke.

Quote:just mentioned this in another thread but here's where it belongs so i'll mention it here too. the main reason i don't meditate much is bc it causes me to see these star-like thingys & i'm not keen on seeing things that i feel rn't supposed to be there.
Phosphenes?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

Unbound

(04-15-2014, 11:03 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I've never thought of the space behind my eyes as actual space. It's been awhile since I've done a visual meditation. Usually I go by feeling. But I like to visualize white light of Creator softly washing over me. Or washing is not the best word, as it doesn't move. I'm just in the presence of the Light. But I found it doesn't really matter what I focus on when I meditate. I feel the same. So whether it's my social memory complex, higher self, Creator, or helping Earth, it feels the same. Perhaps only furries make me feel different, as they get me giddy and excited. Of course that sensation can wear off before too long so I can't use them all the time to feel good.

To be honest I don't think this kind of meditation is ultimately the most useful to you. While 'pleasant', I think the reason it never seems to be any different is because you are not using the meditation to approach your own balance but rather seem to use it as a "feel-good" technique.
Most of my meditations have been so that I don't have to feel anxiety. When I start meditating, I feel pressure increase dramatically throughout most of my chakras. Sometimes this is felt as anxiety. That's why I turned to a feel good sort of meditation. But yes, I agree, a balancing meditation would be far more effective. There are times when we will need to feel uncomfortable, when we are dealing with subconscious muck.

There was one time when I was looking at a blank tv, and I could see a picture on the tv that was from my subconscious. It was a video playing, but there was no sound. Only time I could directly see into my subconscious through something in the external world. Well, there was that and the time I saw myself flying over mountains projected on a wall. That was feel good too.

I thought before there was nothing wrong with a feel good technique, but I think dealing with our shadows is something that would be more useful for the time. I never wanted to admit that though. I was having too much fun spending time in Creator's light and with furries.
I think people seem to have misunderstood.

The point of the post is not to substitute imaginative meditations for everyone else's spiritual path. To evangelise and overcome the entire of bring4ths spiritual practice with imagery.

It is simply, if you get sensations and want to put them up. Then you can do so.

I find it good, this was the first 'vision' I have had in months, and as far as I see it, it is something that warns me not to get distressed at psychological change that moves about in me, or even to say where to consciously direct it sometimes.

Meditative practice and spiritual practice outside this idea was not really addressed

Chill people. Yeesh.
Should we not then take the imagery or feelings we get seriously?
(04-15-2014, 12:55 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Should we not then take the imagery or feelings we get seriously?

I have seen on this site quite frequently in the past people saying they experienced something in meditation and wanting it translated. This seems a little less frequent now.

If people want to discuss the merits or otherwise of these sorts of practices then I won't stand in their way. I don't own the thread. I just wanted to clarify my position.

Imagination and visualisation comes from the pineal gland, which is the third eye, and is where our psychic skills come from. (Brain wise, I mean psychic skills obviously come from our spirits).
Also, another thing. Fantasy. Fantasy visualisations.

I read in a book once that a women that had been raped by her step father used fantasies of being raped to uncover hidden elements of the situation (her mothers complicity, and motives for that.)

I wonder if people have experienced also fantasizing about something that reveals some strong element of anothers personality?

I also feel that when I fantasize about women, often the fantasy will do it's own thing and some of these imaginations will refuse my 'chosen' fantasy for instance. And some, almost all infact seem to reveal something about the girl.
I would think that all meditative experiences (subconscious) are symbolic. So nothing can be taken literally. Makes it hard to decipher sometimes. But if you intentionally visualize stuff, maybe that helps the subconscious to bring up similar things. Such as me with furry art that I sometimes meditate on.
(04-15-2014, 08:02 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I would think that all meditative experiences (subconscious) are symbolic. So nothing can be taken literally. Makes it hard to decipher sometimes. But if you intentionally visualize stuff, maybe that helps the subconscious to bring up similar things. Such as me with furry art that I sometimes meditate on.

I haven't intentionally visualised for a while. Back in the day I did a process called 'image streaming' you may want to look up. It turned out to be quite a psychic experience. I have found if I visualise things deliberately I can get very powerful experience. Like Music ready created, just there. Someone on a guitar, a whole song I've never heard!

Just tell your mind to create something for you and it will be there!
I have this crazy vision whenever I open my eyes. There's shapes and symbols everywhere, must be the machine elves I always see sitting on what I have named "the lawn".
Pages: 1 2