Bring4th

Full Version: Is there yellow-ray love?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love my dog. But when he growls at me sometimes I smack him. In that instance I am not demonstrating green ray. But for the most part I love him, I could say unconditionally, because he doesn't give me a reason not to otherwise. He is simply adorable.

Am I then demonstrating yellow-ray love when I correct his behavior?

[Image: Loki_6_Months.jpg]
Are you sincerely afraid that his growls may turn into true physical aggression that could cause you to be hurt? Or do you think you are just enacting pack-hierarchy tendencies and attempting to assert your dominance when he gives you "lip"?

Are there other ways to deal with his insubordination that may be less reactionary, like maybe putting him in "time out" in his kennel when he growls?

I don't deny the necessity of communicating with certain canines in a physical manner, as it is their way of learning amongst each other. But, I am sure that you don't entirely enjoy this role as his human caretaker or else you wouldn't be asking about it.

PS - GORGEOUS shepherd by the way, but you know that. Is he purebred? (feel free to post more pics either way!!!!)
I don't believe his growls will turn into aggression. I used to use the alpha roll, where I flip him on his back, much like another pack member would. But I thought it was too intense for him. I thought a little smack on the muzzle was much less intense than flipping him on his back and holding him down.

But I was asking because most of the time when I'm loving him, is it yellow ray love, and not green ray love? Would green ray love never react negatively to a situation? Or can you have green ray love part of the time?
(04-13-2014, 04:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe his growls will turn into aggression. I used to use the alpha roll, where I flip him on his back, much like another pack member would. But I thought it was too intense for him. I thought a little smack on the muzzle was much less intense than flipping him on his back and holding him down.

But I was asking because most of the time when I'm loving him, is it yellow ray love, and not green ray love? Would green ray love never react negatively to a situation? Or can you have green ray love part of the time?

There's a quote from Ra that states that such discipline is sometimes needed when raising children so I'd imagine you could extend this to 2D pets as well.
(04-13-2014, 02:58 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]PS - GORGEOUS shepherd by the way, but you know that. Is he purebred? (feel free to post more pics either way!!!!)

He's a german shepherd/wolf mix. It's very rare that he growls. He's only done it 3 times to me.
(04-13-2014, 04:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I used to use the alpha roll, where I flip him on his back, much like another pack member would. But I thought it was too intense for him.

With your dog's size, the "flip on the back" may very well be too intense. Vocal commands with patient training can work wonders sometimes. Dog whisperer kinda shows have put too much emphasis on alpha dominance. Your dog is beautiful though, but then which dog is not. Such open acceptance, and they hold no grudges.

(04-13-2014, 04:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe his growls will turn into aggression.

Then, let him be. So many times, growls are simply fun, and harmless communication, even if they think they might be dominating you. If he has growled at you three times only, it should not even be an issue. Big dogs certainly do not like to be flipped suddenly, and may react aggressively, just out of pure defensive instincts.

You are the best judge though. Enjoy his all-accepting love, and let that determine your response naturally.
(04-13-2014, 06:08 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2014, 02:58 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]PS - GORGEOUS shepherd by the way, but you know that. Is he purebred? (feel free to post more pics either way!!!!)

He's a german shepherd/wolf mix. It's very rare that he growls. He's only done it 3 times to me.

Sometimes growls are just vocalizations. My shih tzu is a little ball of fluffy fluff fluff, but sometimes if I want him to do something he doesn't want to do, he shows his frustration with a growl. He's never snapped at me nor do I think he ever would. I can understand how the insubordination is frustrating, but maybe when he growls just let him have his space.

For what it's worth as far as advocating physical dominance, I do mean in the "flip on the back" way, though any time I've ever done this or seen it done, it's more "grab the dog by the scruff and apply a tiny bit of pressure", as it's really instinctual then for them to go limp and fall to their side in submission. It's a good tool for training only in severe cases, say if the dog is doing something that will hurt itself (say, chewing electronic cords or running into the street) or if they are behaving in a way that is threatening/harmful to humans or other animals. My friend has a big meaty pit bull that likes to jump up on me, hook in to me with his giant claws, and try to, er, "make love" to me. There isn't much positive reinforcement I can do in this situation as I rarely spend time around the dog and he just gets extremely excited. Putting him on the floor (gently!) usually offers a bit of reprieve.

Here is a picture of my shepherd after I laid down the hardcore dominance on her:
[Image: gadIIg3.jpg]

(jk that is just how she slept like a nerd)
(04-13-2014, 04:49 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2014, 04:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe his growls will turn into aggression. I used to use the alpha roll, where I flip him on his back, much like another pack member would. But I thought it was too intense for him. I thought a little smack on the muzzle was much less intense than flipping him on his back and holding him down.

There's a quote from Ra that states that such discipline is sometimes needed when raising children so I'd imagine you could extend this to 2D pets as well.

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/parenti...your-child
Nice picture and beautiful dog, Gemini Wolf.
And I don't think you have to feel guilty for correcting your dog in the manner you did. I believe that, like us, animals evolve and learn too and our "3D teachings" can, at least in some cases, benefit the process. Although I'm no dog expert, you shouldn't flip your dog, or any animal, on his back as this could provoke a state of fear where they freeze. Chickens for example are very sensitive to go in this state when provoked and seem to go into a form of hypnosis. Kind of like the proverbial deer in the headlights.

1Love
What 3D concepts are you teaching him if you use alpha-type physical dominance?

What 3D concepts are you teaching him if you discipline him with force?
(04-14-2014, 12:29 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]What 3D concepts are you teaching him if you use alpha-type physical dominance?

What 3D concepts are you teaching him if you discipline him with force?

Xise, I don't know if you have seen it, but that very popular Dog Whisperer show has spread this Alpha dominance virus everywhere. I sometimes read forums, where college-aged people post, bodybuilding.com and so on, and it is sad to see, how many dogs are probably being dominated just to satisfy some insecure male's ego.

Genuine discipline on dogs may be necessary, but in very few cases. Dogs' bad behavior is not as endemic as people make it out to be, and pretty much always linked to the owners themselves. Dogs are overwhelmingly loving. They have probably done more work indirectly for opening hearts for the harvest than many, many humans.
My reactions of smacking him on the muzzle a few times was reactionary, and I didn't really think about it. Flipping him on his back was when he as a puppy, and not as big. And I didn't slam him on his back hard. I just flipped him over. But I realize that I could have shown more green-ray love that he always shows me.
(04-14-2014, 01:20 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My reactions of smacking him on the muzzle a few times was reactionary, and I didn't really think about it. Flipping him on his back was when he as a puppy, and not as big. And I didn't slam him on his back hard. I just flipped him over. But I realize that I could have shown more green-ray love that he always shows me.

Do you want to control your own actions and not smack him in the future, or do you want to understand and balance the things within you that makes you smack your dog such that in the future you don't have any urge to smack your dog?
I'd love to be balanced to where his growling or his antics don't upset me and make me smack him.
I'd rather understand and balance the things within me. It should be obvious.
It's not the first time I've been mean to a dog for growling at me.
I've let it get to me so much.
I'm not sure in those cases if I'm even demonstrating yellow-ray love.

Here's another pic of Loki.

[Image: Loki_Upside_Down.jpg]
Gemini, I think we have had a similar discussion before where I pointed out that you resonated with canines very strongly, so maybe you are just "mirroring" him, and his persona and drives. Instead try to think of setting up a situation where he can mirror you, with you presenting patience, acceptance, and understanding. This is how both of you can learn from each other.

I don't think you should feel bad nor beat yourself up over reacting in such a way to dogs. Especially large breed dogs are tough as nails, you actually probably aren't hurting him physically, but possibly emotionally - which shows that his development is farther along than the average 2D creature. I used to be shocked at how rough my husband would play with our shepherd - lots of physical pain involved! - but if she thought she was seriously in trouble for a behavior issue, she would cry out like her foot had been cut off.

He's tough. He forgave you a long time ago. Now you just need to forgive yourself. You are almost certainly causing yourself more emotional pain than you have caused Loki the handful of times you physically reprimanded him.
I never wrestle roughly with Loki because he's so sensitive. Sometimes if I grab his paw and move it he whines at me. He's my baby though. I'm very gentle with him most of the time, loving on him.

I think accepting all things is more a 4D trait than a 3D. So I haven't accepted his bad behavior when it happens. I can't be expected to live by 4D standards while here in 3D.
(04-14-2014, 01:20 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My reactions of smacking him on the muzzle a few times was reactionary, and I didn't really think about it.

i kno what u mean. sometimes when some1 accidentally hurts me i hurt them back before it sinks in that they didn't intentionally cause me pain
(04-15-2014, 01:25 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I never wrestle roughly with Loki because he's so sensitive. Sometimes if I grab his paw and move it he whines at me. He's my baby though. I'm very gentle with him most of the time, loving on him.

I think accepting all things is more a 4D trait than a 3D. So I haven't accepted his bad behavior when it happens. I can't be expected to live by 4D standards while here in 3D.

Expectation is irrelevant.

You determine what you want to learn and how far you want to go. You can learn to accept his bad behavior if you wish. You don't have to do so, and even if you want to learn to accept his behavior, you definitely don't have to do so immediately. It's not required for harvest. You can let it come naturally in the future. Whatever you choose to do so GW, is completely 100% ok.

I know in my life I definitely prioritize my evolution and don't always immediately focus on something that could be better balanced, because there are other things I focus on for balance that are more important to me and time and effort are finite quantities in this realm. It's ok to not be 100% perfect all of a sudden just because you have a philosophy of self-improvement. Whatever you do GW, it's all good man.
(04-15-2014, 02:49 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever you choose to do so GW, is completely 100% ok.

Whatever you do GW, it's all good man.

Thank you. I've been going through a rather tough spiritual decision that would affect my mom and Loki, and it's good to know that everything is ok, no matter what I choose. I believe my higher self is in support of me, no matter what I choose to focus upon.

Melissa

What kind of decision gem?
(04-15-2014, 03:05 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of decision gem?

To focus on whether it's time to depart 3D or not. And not by suicide, but by magical means, mental focus, with the support of my higher self. I feel balanced, but do not want to cause imbalance in my mother by my focus. My mental focus is causing some degree of headache and body ache in me. I feel it is working. Bashar says that if you're balanced, you can simply close your eyes, and depart. But there are so many friends I would leave behind. I get this nagging suspicion that it's time to go. I speak of it to death on this site, so I didn't want to really bring it up. I am in service in ways that I can be. I also feel I can be more of service in the other dimensions.

Melissa

(04-15-2014, 03:19 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]

To focus on whether it's time to depart 3D or not. And not by suicide, but by magical means, mental focus, with the support of my higher self. I feel balanced, but do not want to cause imbalance in my mother by my focus. My mental focus is causing some degree of headache and body ache in me. I feel it is working. Bashar says that if you're balanced, you can simply close your eyes, and depart. But there are so many friends I would leave behind. I get this nagging suspicion that it's time to go. I speak of it to death on this site, so I didn't want to really bring it up. I am in service in ways that I can be. I also feel I can be more of service in the other dimensions.

No idea if that works but I highly doubt it, I think you could be more of service, and more importantly; happier, if you would be more 'STS', by that I mean arranging your life in a way that suits you better than it does now. Because the situation with your mom clearly doesn't work. Enable yourself to go to furry conventions and meet new friends and I don't know if there are other family members who are more supportive? It's your life Gem, your choice, of course, but it's somewhat worrying to 'see' how you're going out of your way, quite literally, to be of service. In a way which ultimately doesn't really serve anyone..

thomas,

u are beautiful. please don't depart. what if the world is on the brink of destruction? what if the earth blows up the day after u leave? if u hang in there & u might get to leave at the same time as every1 & wouldn't that be better? suffer w/ us. i'll be insanely jealous if u get to leave & i'll miss your presence here on b4th so much

have u ever considered trying out match.com or some dating site so u can mayb find a bf? mayb then that nagging suspicion that it's time to go will subside...idk

Isn't a desire to leave Earth when you are not even middle aged an imbalance that can be worked upon? If your incarnative lesson is learning to love life on Earth (red ray), wouldn't you just come back to another 3D Earth-like planet after departing without learning this lesson?

No judgment brother. I only encourage you to be fully conscious of the decision you make.
I assumed I would walk the steps of light when I had departed Earth. But perhaps I am confused. Maybe departing by means of focusing the will upon that desire might be considered a form of suicide, however ritualized it is. I don't want to be this close to harvest and somehow blow it.

I don't want to repeat 3D, even one incarnation. I guess the best way to depart is through accessing intelligent infinity, which Ra says that once you've accessed that most people choose to stay to help others. I've helped others a lot. I've served my mother beyond my comfort zone.

But I can learn to love life. I want to be fully conscious about where I focus my will. It just felt like the right thing to do.
Regardless of how I might come across, I have an inner stillness. Is inner stillness a sign of balance?
(04-14-2014, 03:36 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Here's another pic of Loki.

[Image: Loki_Upside_Down.jpg]

This relaxed posture shows that Loki is getting enough green ray activity.

Melissa

Can I ask you how you interpret my earlier post? I was a bit concerned that it might hurt your feelings, though that's absolutely not my intention. Sometimes I think that 'comforting' words only facilitate a situation which I consider unhealthy. And since I think you're awesome it's frustrating to just sit back and go; it's all good. If you were my friend in daily life I would probably poke a little in your ears or nostrils to get you to listen. Just kidding (somewhat). But I also see this could be perceived as intrusive or annoying, if so, feel free to say so.
I understand what you mean Melissa by being more STS. Serving myself more. I feel I am already doing enough for myself. I sometimes can feel rather selfish that I meditate all the time, and am lazy at work. I also am doubting that being able to leave through thought alone is possible. I'm not sure. It seems to work in those who have lost the will to live. But I haven't lost the will to live. Just thought that I should move on. Yet here I am, after a full day of meditating on departing yesterday.

I'm not much of a social butterfly, so I don't usually go to conventions. But I was at one furry convention that I really liked. It's just so far away, and now that I'm paying back a large loan I don't have the funds to do so. At least not for the next 2-3 years.

I interpret your last post Melissa as matter of fact. I can't kick my mom out, since she has nowhere to go. And it's not as bad now as it's been in the past. I've gotten used to her spurts of anger.
Pages: 1 2