Bring4th

Full Version: Meaning of "Adonai".
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that frequently, Ra and other sources end communications with "Adonai." I inquired about this and received the following:

Me: What is the meaning of "Adonai", and why do you conclude our interactions with this word?
Not me: Adonai is indeed the name of God as you humans understand Him to be. It is not an exaggeration to say that among your people, God has been worshipped in ways that many of us cannot fully understand or accept. That is the truth. But Adonai is the bridge between our understanding and yours. That is all.
Me: So you end our interactions by stating
Not me (interjecting): (we prefer "referring to")
Me: the name of God?
Not me: That is correct. Is that puzzling to you?

Me: Yes, because I'm not sure what the function of doing so is.
Not me: We understand your query and will proceed to answer it. By invoking the name of our Creator, we form and emphasize a link between our peoples and yours. It is truly that simple - in other words, yes, as you have surmised, the Oneness of All That Is can be referred to by reference to the Creator of All That Is. Does that make better sense now?

Me: So it is a way of stating, "we are One with you"?

Not me: Precisely so.
Hi Stranger2k,

This exact same question of the meaning of 'Adonai' actually came up in chat only a couple of days ago, and I was able to direct someone to an existing thread on the topic here: http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2227

that is not to say that there cannot be multiple threads on the same topic - in fact, I find it truly refreshing when the same old topics are revisited with new eyes - but that sometimes there is an existing body of work that has already done a lot of the legwork for us, and we can piggyback on that.

that said, the thread I linked to above ended up with a *facepalm* after many pages of, how should I describe it, 'vigorous discourse', and so its fitting that the question of 'Adonai' be given a fresh start.

cheers again for your original thoughts on the topic Stranger2k.

Plenum

- -

(02-17-2011, 03:36 PM)Protonexus Wrote: [ -> ]*facepalm*
April 1, 1990

K: I have a brief one. Could you please give me as exact a transliteration as possible of “Adonai vasu borragus,” and what the origins are of those words?

I am Q’uo, and am aware of your query, my sister. These closing exaltations are from a language which some upon your planet know of as Solex Mal. These words …

We pause.

(Pause)

We apologize, there was a disturbance with this instrument. These words are those which offer a thanksgiving to the crystal pure light within each being that has called for the presence of the contact speaking through an instrument.

“The lord of the light” is one literal translation of the “adonai.” The “vasu” and “borragus” have meanings that are approximated by “the One who reigns within and forever.” This is seen as the essence of each entity and is felt to be a fitting closing for messages which are in truth spoken from the One to the One.