Bring4th

Full Version: Lunar eclipse tonite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone online seems to be calling it a 'blood moon' and lots of astrology folks are making a big deal out of it.

It's supposed to be visible in the Americas and Australia around 2am EST. I'm probably gonna be asleep, but if anyone is out sky-watching let us know what it's like Smile
I'll be up around 4:30 so I'll be able to see it a little.
Sickkkkkkkkkkk

Melissa

Blood moon? Well, that sounds like an awkward 70's horror flick.

Too bad it's not visible over here though.
Turns out there are going to be 4 lunar eclipses over the next year or so all visible from North America http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sci...ar_tetrad/
(04-14-2014, 03:26 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out there are going to be 4 lunar eclipses over the next year or so all visible from North America http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sci...ar_tetrad/

Thanks for the excellent video!
Perhaps it's the blood of the cabal.

I've been debating the lunar eclipse today. I read from Lynn Koiner (astrology woman) that things you do just before an eclipse get 'eclipsed', and so cancelled sometimes.

The eclipses for those of you interested are 25deg Libra and the solar one later on this month is 08 deg Taurus.
Spaceweather Wrote:LUNAR ECLIPSE, TUESDAY MORNING: The mainstream media is abuzz with reports of a "blood moon" on Tuesday morning. The scientific term is "lunar eclipse." On April 15th at 6 minutes past midnight Pacific Time (3:06 a.m Eastern Time), the Moon will enter the sunset-colored colored shadow of Earth, producing a total eclipse of the Moon: [Image: eclipse_strip.jpg]The color of Earth's shadow, and thus the color of the eclipsed Moon, depends substantially on the amount of volcanic ash and other aerosols floating in the stratosphere. According to atmospheric sciences professor Richard Keen of the University of Colorado, the stratosphere is clear. This means the eclipse will be not "blood red," but rather bright orange.

See for yourself. The event will be visible from Australia, New Zealand, and all of the Americas: visibility map. It's so bright, even observers in light-polluted cities will have no trouble enjoying the show. Got clouds? No problem. The event will be broadcast live on the web by the Coca-Cola Science Center at Columbus State University in Georgia.
Grand T-Square between mars-uranus-jupiter-pluto - just another catalytic moment in human history, esp around making vast changes socially (like Ukraine and Venezuela?). It peaks on the 22nd and goes on for a long time since uranus-pluto are slow moving. Tensions rise between countries maybe but on a personal level it depends how your natal planets interact with the transiting planets, really. The religious nuts are the ones helping this tension escalate (in people's minds) like Pastor Hagee's book that came out last year

http://blogs.christianpost.com/comets-of...ons-19804/

It's possible that it's just tensions around the world or even something more physical (mars... wars usually start under the aries month) but it's kind of like a transformative cleansing and overthrowing time. Those astrologers who are freaking out are kind of lame bc these things can go any which way - can be big events and may be nothing significant. Predictions are iffy bc they mostly make sense retrospectively in astrology.

Should be a nice red moon tho!
Alright, I've been researching this a bit more in depth. The partial eclipse has already started (I can already see a bit of a shadow on the moon). The beginning of the full eclipse is 12:07AM PST / 1:07AM MST / 2:07AM CST / 3:07AM EST. The height of the eclipse is 12:46AM PST / 1:46AM MST / 2:46AM CST / 3:46AM EST.

Fang

It just ended down under (on the far east anyway). Only caught the end of it (moon was about 1/8th covered) but didn't see any red.

Fang

Actually in my most recent out of body experience I went to a restaurant on the moon. The food was great but there was no atmosphere.
I remember reading somewhere yesterday that there was no pollutants in the upper stratosphere which would affect the color. As predicted, the moon was orange rather than red.
It looked kinda red on NASA's live feed.
it was intense!
I usually don't stay up that late. So I missed it.
Manage to catch it from the UK. Was pretty much an Orange/Red. Looked awesome.
Wow, if I'd known...

I had to like that because you have 666 likes. Gotta make it 667. Smile
(04-15-2014, 06:00 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, if I'd known...

I had to like that because you have 666 likes. Gotta make it 667. Smile

... Sorry for further derail, but teehee:

* Parsons unlikes random post so he goes back 666, muhahaha! :p
Do I get a say in this at all? Lol.
There is a partial solar eclipse visible in North American (better view in most of Canada and the Northern USA) which will reach it's peak in about 20 minutes.