Bring4th

Full Version: How many have lived this life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you feel about the assumption that your life could have been lived countless times by other individual souls?

Just exploring the possibility gave me a strange sense of peace and ease, and after mentioning the idea to my wife I could feel a tension dissolving in her energy... Curious...
I honestly never thought about it before. I wonder if the other self living my life would make all the same decisions I did. I've been lazy at times. I've had a passion for drawing before, but never kept at it.

Knowing this doesn't dissolve any tension in me. It still makes me responsible for my own life.
For a while i've believed like that, that when we die and reincarnate/return we could be anyone from anytime- but i've never actually put much thought in someone else living as me before. Interesting musings to come then. I agree with gem though, it doesn't make much difference because i'm still responsible for it now. Such a thought could easily divert the blame away from things you perhaps wish wern't a part of you, and I don't think that would be a good thing.
For me, it gave me a sense of being less time bound...
I've always realized there is eternity, so I don't feel so time bound. If anything, I can get a little scared at the enormity of eternity, and infinity. I realize this life is not all there is.

Unbound

Who says those other souls aren't just part of me as I am experiencing myself already?
(04-16-2014, 08:50 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Who says those other souls aren't just part of me as I am experiencing myself already?
Your very own awareness does.

Unbound

(04-16-2014, 10:18 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2014, 08:50 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Who says those other souls aren't just part of me as I am experiencing myself already?
How so? Maybe I am aware of multiple souls interacting within me and that is part of my awareness?
If you are a part of a social memory complex, it will be lived by a countless number of beings and/or a spiritual mass that is innumerable in its seeking.
(04-17-2014, 09:27 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
How so?

Because otherwise it would be a finger pointing at an idea which of course is what we have don't we.

Unbound

(04-17-2014, 09:35 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
How so?

Because otherwise it would be a finger pointing at an idea which of course is what we have don't we.

What isn't finger pointing at an idea?
(04-17-2014, 09:41 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
How so?

Awareness.
(04-16-2014, 11:09 AM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel about the assumption that your life could have been lived countless times by other individual souls?

Just exploring the possibility gave me a strange sense of peace and ease, and after mentioning the idea to my wife I could feel a tension dissolving in her energy... Curious...

WHOA RAZ...i'm getting this strange sense of peace & ease u speak of, by exploring this very real possibility

i'm imagining that my life has been lived countless times by other souls precisely the way it's happening, every thought & every action & everything, as if my life is just some sort of roller coaster ride that i didn't design

if this is the case, i can be praised for nothing & i can be blamed for nothing. responsibility goes out the window. i could simply be yet another observer & not the doer...if this is even what u were getting at, it makes a lot of sense to me. thanks for sharing

Unbound

(04-17-2014, 09:56 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-16-2014, 10:18 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Your very own awareness does.
How so?

Awareness.
Awareness is also an idea.
(04-18-2014, 12:13 AM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2014, 09:56 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2014, 09:27 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]How so?

Awareness.
Awareness is also an idea.
That's kinda the point.

If they are, what would that feel like?

Robert Monroe wrote a series of three books about his out-of-body experiences which began in the late 1950's. Whereas the Ra Material is mainly theory with little related first hand experience, Monroe's books are all experience with no attempt to explain anything.

He was a very hard headed, factual guy and it took him some while to accept the strange things he had stumbled in to, so he just gives a factual account. He began traveling terrestrially, but then went out beyond and had many interesting experiences which might give an experiential description of things spoken of in the Ra Material such as reconnecting with the mass of his previous incarnations.

As the story unfolds, it turns out that many of the key players in his early experiences out of body were versions of himself which he experienced later on. In other words, they played together simultaneously in the same dramas with same underlying entity playing different roles.

Food for thought.
(04-17-2014, 11:25 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]WHOA RAZ...i'm getting this strange sense of peace & ease u speak of, by exploring this very real possibility

i'm imagining that my life has been lived countless times by other souls precisely the way it's happening, every thought & every action & everything, as if my life is just some sort of roller coaster ride that i didn't design

if this is the case, i can be praised for nothing & i can be blamed for nothing. responsibility goes out the window. i could simply be yet another observer & not the doer...if this is even what u were getting at, it makes a lot of sense to me. thanks for sharing

I think a good metaphor for how I used that train of thought would be a single player computer game. There is a possibility that a multitude of players would play the game exactly as you played it from beginning to end but there would also be a multitude of players exploring totally different playing styles. Would that really make your individual experience of choice and consequence less valid?

the idea does not do much more than add as an addition to our arsenal of metaphors used to cope and process this mysterious unknown situation.

Still, I found playing around with the idea oddly grounding and calming in to the present moment.
The graphics are pretty neat too =)
If many have lived my life, it makes unity that much more understandable.
(04-16-2014, 11:09 AM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]How do you feel about the assumption that your life could have been lived countless times by other individual souls?

I have thought of that, and how many times have I attempted this specific life. This is a tough cookie, really tough.