Bring4th

Full Version: Personality and Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does our personality change when we pass on?
Bashar says death is like waking up from a dream.

I'm a bit concerned that I might not have the same interests when I pass over, and thus won't create the things I have interest in here.

Things that I can't realize while in the flesh, I might not have interest in creating when I pass over.

For instance with me it's anthros. I wanted my "heaven" to be full of them. But I'm not sure if that's how it works. This could have been the only life where I've had interest in them, or had access to furry art.

Or is my personality a true reflection on a larger personality that I will realize after I die?
According to the Michael Newton books. The only thing that really changes is that you don't have the physical body, that apparently contributes a lot of the negativity.

People's personalities seem largely the same.

Unbound

Seth channeled by Jane Robert describes the need for intense fixations to be resolved in order to pass in to the more open afterlife experience. The example given is of a man who, if I recall, had a strong believe in both Yahweh and another god, might have been Rama, and was full of internal conflict over which was more "superior", so Seth and another entity each embodied one of the gods and played out a big battle scene which was ultimately completed and resolved the desires of the individual whom was then guided to the realization of their death and the healing process before continuing on.
(04-20-2014, 04:29 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Does our personality change when we pass on?

I'm a bit concerned that I might not have the same interests when I pass over, and thus won't create the things I have interest in here.

Things that I can't realize while in the flesh, I might not have interest in creating when I pass over.

For instance with me it's anthros. I wanted my "heaven" to be full of them. But I'm not sure if that's how it works. This could have been the only life where I've had interest in them, or had access to furry art.

Or is my personality a true reflection on a larger personality that I will realize after I die?

Sounds like a good reason for staying here a little longer GW.

How about the concept of "no one dies"?.
So at first my personality will be the same, but as I see the truth around me, my beliefs will change to reflect that greater reality. I can see myself getting past my fixation.

Yes Ashim, I'll be here awhile. I agree with "no one dies". It's just a transformation. A change of worlds.

Though knowing me I'll probably want to skip all that furry nonsense and get straight into my life review, and seeing how far into source I can merge. I'd dissolve my personality to be part of source once again.

Of course your thoughts create in that realm, so I'd probably at first manifest around me a bunch of anthros. And then I would discover that isn't the truth, so I'd move on from there. But they might be a part of me. I don't know.

Honestly, when I get there, if it's like waking up from a dream, it won't matter whether I have the same interests. I'll just be happy to be there.
(04-20-2014, 04:52 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]Seth channeled by Jane Robert describes the need for intense fixations to be resolved in order to pass in to the more open afterlife experience. The example given is of a man who, if I recall, had a strong believe in both Yahweh and another god, might have been Rama, and was full of internal conflict over which was more "superior", so Seth and another entity each embodied one of the gods and played out a big battle scene which was ultimately completed and resolved the desires of the individual whom was then guided to the realization of their death and the healing process before continuing on.

I'm like that with Jesus and Ra. I've still got religion on my mind that's hard to shake that says we must believe in Jesus in order to be "saved". But I more believe the Ra material. I just don't want to be wrong, since I haven't "repented" of some stuff.

I could say the same between God and the One Infinite Creator. Don't know if they are the same, or if the One Infinite Creator is the true source and God is stepped down from infinity in order to create.

I provide plenty of love to my dog, so I can say that I've made a difference in his life. And the times that we loved in life were the most memorable when we're on the other side.

Unbound

What does "repenting" mean to you?
Repenting is to stop doing what is "sinful", like masturbation or fantasizing about things. I'm still trying to get to the mindset of all is well, and all will be well.

I was just watching videos of NDEs, where they said they saw Jesus, or that their name was written in the book of life, and I wanted to be secure in those facts as well. Not that I expect to see Jesus. It will probably be my higher self, or Ra, whom I will meet when I cross over.
(04-20-2014, 04:29 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Does our personality change when we pass on?

"30.4 Questioner: Is there any loss to the mind or spirit after this transition which we call death or any impairment of either because of the loss of this chemical body that we now have?

Ra: I am Ra. In your terms there is a great loss of mind complex due to the fact that much of the activity of a mental nature of which you are aware during the experience of this space/time continuum is as much of a surface illusion as is the chemical body complex.

In other terms nothing whatever of importance is lost; the character or, shall we say, pure distillation of emotions and biases or distortions and wisdoms, if you will, becoming obvious for the first time, shall we say; these pure emotions and wisdoms and bias/distortions being, for the most part, either ignored or underestimated during physical life experience.

In terms of the spiritual, this channel is then much opened due to the lack of necessity for the forgetting characteristic of third density.
"

For what its worth, GW, I wouldn't worry. I think its likely when you cross over, your attachment to furry anthros will be seen with profound clarity. Your attraction to them may be for reasons you've already surmised, or it may be for reasons you haven't begun to guess. But I'm confident you will be content either way, and the pure distillations of your biases will be apparent.