Bring4th

Full Version: What advice would you give your self?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Original post was "11 Spiritual Truths You May Want to Remember"
But I like the direction the thread is taking so I renamed the topic as such...

11 Spiritual Truths You May Want to Remember

1. Everyone’s path is different. Don’t assume you know how people should walk their paths. You don’t. Instead of advice, help people see their options.

2. No one knows the whole truth. As you learn and study, take the pieces that resonate with you and throw the rest out. No one knows it all. However, everyone has something to share that is of value.

3. Open your mind to other possibilities. Once you decide what is, you forever close the door on what may be. Stay open minded. New truths are just beyond the closed door.

4. You can’t save anyone. It’s not your job or your responsibility. Just be a beacon and let those who want to walk through your light do so of their own free will.

5. You’re not here to change the world. The world will change by your presence. Make your presence positive.

6. Don’t give your power to anyone. You are the author of your own life. When you give someone else the pen, you give them the power to change your story. But you’re the one who has to live it.

7. Learn how to be a vibrational match for your desires. Do not hope, pray, or wish for what you desire. Instead be in the vibration of knowing what it feels like for your desire to be a totally normal part of your life.

8. Love and gratitude are extremely high vibrations. Learn how to call upon them at will. One person walking the planet in a state of love and gratitude balances more than a hundred walking in fear.

9. Be kind to yourself. Everyone has moments they regret. Learn the lesson, shrug, and keep walking. Don’t drag your past with you into the future.

10. Don’t judge others. You don’t know what kind of life they’ve had, and you don’t know what lessons they’ve learned. Everyone is entitled to think the way they want to think. Even if it’s not the way YOU think.

11. You are a divine being, created from Love. You walk in Love, even when you don’t remember. You will return to Love, even if you don’t think you deserve it. There is nothing you can do to lose the Love of Source. Nothing.

*sniped* from Erin Pavlinas blog
if you had to add a 12) and a 13) to this list, what would you choose Raz?
I'd add: Don't take every spiritual experience at face value.
And: Energy flows where the thoughts go.
12: you cant think your self out of spiritual confusion, thoughts are byproducts of spiritual inspiration, but most of it is lost in translation.

13: experience is like a sail, trim it to catch the wind of change, without proper attention it can turn in to an anchor and your sail will be busy dragging you down.

14: live inside out, you can not extract the outside world, only remain open to the inspiration its presence brings.

what advice would you give your self?
(04-23-2014, 07:03 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]what advice would you give your self?

hmm, maybe something along the lines of:

12) love is acceptance, and wisdom is integration

13) emotional reactivity is a sign of imbalance

BigSmile
(04-23-2014, 07:35 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

now that, is something for me to meditate on Smile
thanks for sharing

anybody else like to share? I would love to hear what advice ZM would give him self.
(04-23-2014, 09:08 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks for sharing

anybody else like to share? I would love to hear what advice ZM would give him self.

zm's advice to zm:
mayb try to use a synonym for the word 'notion' once in a while...on 2nd thought, that's a bullshit notion
(04-23-2014, 09:36 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]zm's advice to zm:
mayb try to use a synonym for the word 'notion' once in a while...on 2nd thought, that's a bullshit notion
How bout I do that when you begin typing like an adult? Wait, that's bullshit too.
12) stop making lists

13) stop giving advice lol
(04-23-2014, 09:43 PM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]12) stop making lists

13) stop giving advice lol

It's the "affirmation phase" where one still needs convincing and reinforcement - not quite integrated yet.
(04-23-2014, 09:08 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks for sharing

well, the perfectly balanced being is going to be quite rare, so emotional reactivity is going to be a feature of our day-to-day lives. The responsible thing to do then, when this signal arises, is to allow ourselves to fully experience the emotions (ie not suppress them, or try to explain them away, or deflect them), but allow whatever it is to fully enter our consciousness. Then once it is there, it should provide some clues as to its origin, by what sort of associated thought patterns come up. You might think about a particular person, or an event, or something from the past. These will all be clues to trace that thing which is unintegrated, but some digging and self-inquiry is definitely required. This is the 'shining the light' on the self practice.

but emotions are extremely valuable indicators of imbalance.
isis, do you have any honest advice for your self that you would like to share?

(04-23-2014, 10:00 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]It's the "affirmation phase" where one still needs convincing and reinforcement - not quite integrated yet.
for me, I think a "reminder phase" is more acurate.

are you stuck in a point of view where you see your self as so perfect that you have no room for noting possible improvement or enforcing self growth that you have no advice to give your self? or advise that you have given your self in the past that could be a contribution to our collective evolution and as a way for us to know and connect with you?

Who is ZM behind his mask? A wise old man? a kid with a magnifying glass?

I´m not trying to be disrespectful, you have just become somewhat of a cherished curiosity for me form my time here at the forum.
(04-23-2014, 10:32 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]but emotions are extremely valuable indicators of imbalance.
Quote:The thoughts of an entity, its feelings or emotions, and least of all its behavior are the signposts for the teaching/learning of self by self. In the analysis of one’s experiences of a diurnal cycle an entity may assess what it considers to be inappropriate thoughts, behaviors, feelings, and emotions.

In examining these inappropriate activities of mind, body, and spirit complexes the entity may then place these distortions in the proper vibrational ray and thus see where work is needed.

Thoughts are the higher catalyst, but also more subtle. When these are ignored, that's where reactive emotions must begin.

(04-23-2014, 10:36 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]are you stuck in a point of view where you see your self as so perfect that you have no room for noting possible improvement
I'm thinking processing catalyst is basically the same thing as your idea of "advice", although not so "new-years resolution-y".
(04-23-2014, 10:36 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]or enforcing self growth that you have no advice to give your self?
The considerations required for "self growth" does provide feedback and there is no "self growth" without accepting that.
(04-23-2014, 09:39 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2014, 09:36 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]zm's advice to zm:
How bout I do that when you begin typing like an adult? Wait, that's bullshit too.
i'd have to agree w/ u on this 1, that's definitely bs too
Raz, I think finding something that helps you learn your lessons deeply, such as making a list, is awesome. Sometimes the difficult part is not realizing what the lesson is about, but integrating that lesson into the "roots of your mind" as Ra mentions.

It kind of reminds me about how people comment that often writing a letter to someone without any intent to deliver it often helps one resolve inner struggles. I think what you are doing is technique that can be used at any level of evolution or stage, to help incorporate a lesson related to any energy center. It may not work for everyone, but it if works for you, kickass.

Unbound

To me: Chill out, relax, you got this.
I'm not telling raz to not make lists of advice. He can make lists and consume advices but I would tell myself drop the list and advice. The title of thread is what advice would you give to your self right now.

And insight doesn't necessarily lead to changes in cognition, affect, or action so even if light bulb goes off what actually bridges insight to action? That's a rhetorical question. You get good advice but it's not feasible then advice giving can affect ones sense of efficacy like, omg i couldn't even do x,y,z.
To affect the mind is to affect the totality of the mind/body/spirit as the mind is the roots of all consciousness. Insight, while motile, is with great power to change the guiding principles of the entity that seeks.

I attempt to do the same with my life with much difficulty as my journey is one that seeks compassion for the self in face of wisdom. I seek to see myself as all things while knowing the self as an illusory construct that serves to know the Creator. This insight of oneness has shaped me so far as to seek the self in the face of knowing all as self. The insight of simply oneness can change an entity. Its application is inherent and the self can know the self only in thought if chosen.
To not worry about higher densities, or ever meeting benevolent cartoony anthros in real life.
12. Love
(04-23-2014, 10:32 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]well, the perfectly balanced being is going to be quite rare, so emotional reactivity is going to be a feature of our day-to-day lives. The responsible thing to do then, when this signal arises, is to allow ourselves to fully experience the emotions (ie not suppress them, or try to explain them away, or deflect them), but allow whatever it is to fully enter our consciousness. Then once it is there, it should provide some clues as to its origin, by what sort of associated thought patterns come up. You might think about a particular person, or an event, or something from the past. These will all be clues to trace that thing which is unintegrated, but some digging and self-inquiry is definitely required. This is the 'shining the light' on the self practice.

but emotions are extremely valuable indicators of imbalance.

I sometimes get down on myself when I have an emotional outburst or reaction to my mom or my dog. I'm thinking that I'm not perfectly balanced. But it's good to hear that such a being is rare, at least in our density. There are dark places within myself that I've been afraid to shine the light on. Particularly the side of me that would attack another being. I don't like that side of me, which is unloving, and not the most wise. It seems my shadow self is not that wise.
(04-25-2014, 09:42 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Particularly the side of me that would attack another being

I used to get visions of attacking random people if I walked alone at night, I found it very unsettling, maybe born out of fear of being attacked myself? Anyway, so I started to transformed the thoughts about my interaction with the person in to absurd joy, like me and the older man getting married and being ridiculously happy together. It would always shift my vibration and in most cases the radical shift would make me laugh and smile a little for myself.
(04-25-2014, 10:34 AM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2014, 09:42 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Particularly the side of me that would attack another being

I used to get visions of attacking random people if I walked alone at night, I found it very unsettling, maybe born out of fear of being attacked myself? Anyway, so I started to transformed the thoughts about my interaction with the person in to absurd joy, like me and the older man getting married and being ridiculously happy together. It would always shift my vibration and in most cases the radical shift would make me laugh and smile a little for myself.

I had a dream where three guys were threatening me. One guy stood in front of me in my face, and I headbutted him then woke up. So there's a side of me that's violent, even though I tend to be a marshmallow.
(04-23-2014, 10:36 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2014, 10:36 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]or enforcing self growth that you have no advice to give your self?
The considerations required for "self growth" does provide feedback and there is no "self growth" without accepting that.

Perhaps "What advice would you give your self?" was a poor choice of words. Would "what feedback are you possessing in context to self growth" feel more inspiring in shedding light on what you are working with in your current phase, and/or what feedback helped you enter your current phase, that could contribute to our collective phase?
(04-25-2014, 09:09 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2014, 10:36 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Perhaps "What advice would you give your self?" was a poor choice of words. Would "what feedback are you possessing in context to self growth" feel more inspiring in shedding light on what you are working with in your current phase, and/or what feedback helped you enter your current phase, that could contribute to our collective phase?
I really don't possess catalyst, which is basically what I meant by feedback, just the experience from processing it. This experience has many aspects to it. These aspects by themselves, unsolicited by specific questioning, are not helpful for learning.
(04-25-2014, 09:56 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't possess catalyst, which is basically what I meant by feedback, just the experience from processing it. This experience has many aspects to it. These aspects by themselves, unsolicited by specific questioning, are not helpful for learning.

Thanks ZM, I appreciate the feedback and patience.

How would you define catalyst in the framework of self growth?
(04-24-2014, 05:37 AM)reeay Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not telling raz to not make lists of advice. He can make lists and consume advices but I would tell myself drop the list and advice. The title of thread is what advice would you give to your self right now.

And insight doesn't necessarily lead to changes in cognition, affect, or action so even if light bulb goes off what actually bridges insight to action? That's a rhetorical question. You get good advice but it's not feasible then advice giving can affect ones sense of efficacy like, omg i couldn't even do x,y,z.
great news:
i just realized why i thought rye instead of ree...bc of the words tie & pie & etc
(04-25-2014, 10:45 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]How would you define catalyst in the framework of self growth?
In a self-growth framework, catalyst is novel information about self which is offered according to one's relatively imbalanced disposition with respect to it. The growth results from conscious awareness, processing and acceptance of the previously unconscious aspect of self which had been suggested by the reaction to the catalyst.

Fang

Not to be so reckless. I have a bad habit of diving in the deep end.
To stop being such a bloody pedantic.