Bring4th

Full Version: Two empty cups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A representative of the spiritual world,

A representative of the material world,

Give you a pot of water, what are you going to allocate this water to the cup?

Unbound

I am not going to put water in either cup and keep it in the vessel that clearly holds the flowing life for both.

Either that or fill one cup, then put the rims together and swirl the water between the two, but that takes effort.

Melissa

Why are they seperated?
ahh. I see. This is the way that the mind allocates attention Smile
This reminds me of an anecdotal puzzle I once heard. It goes a little like this:
You have two cones which you wish filled with water. If you set the cones down, it'll tip, and the water will pour out.
The spout needed to fill the cones requires one hand to operate. You cannot turn on the water, then grab a cone, as the hand has to stay on the spout.
Seeing as you have two hands, how do you fill the cones? If you fill a cone and put it down to fill the other, the first will spill out onto the ground.

The answer was easier for kids to get than adults: You ask a friend to hold a cone. The point being that not everything needs to be done on your own. Not relevant, but I was reminded...
(05-01-2014, 12:52 PM)DEFkab Wrote: [ -> ]This reminds me of an anecdotal puzzle I once heard. It goes a little like this:
You have two cones which you wish filled with water. If you set the cones down, it'll tip, and the water will pour out.
The spout needed to fill the cones requires one hand to operate. You cannot turn on the water, then grab a cone, as the hand has to stay on the spout.
Seeing as you have two hands, how do you fill the cones? If you fill a cone and put it down to fill the other, the first will spill out onto the ground.

The answer was easier for kids to get than adults: You ask a friend to hold a cone. The point being that not everything needs to be done on your own. Not relevant, but I was reminded...
who loves orange soda?