Bring4th

Full Version: Is catalyst ever perceived positively?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if catalyst can ever be perceived positively? Is catalyst always a challenge? Or something that might annoy you?

Or could someone's laughter that makes you feel good be considered catalyst? Is watching a good movie catalyst?

Or is catalyst only stuff that shows imbalances within you that has to be worked through?
Everything is catalyst, and every catalyst can be perceived however you want.
I thought I recall Ra mentioning that catalyst is inherently neutral; it is we who, in other words, give catalyst meaning and color, but I'm not finding the supporting quote.
Quote:93.11 Questioner: I would like, if possible, an example of the activity we call Catalyst of the Mind in a particular individual undergoing this process. Could Ra give an example of that?

Ra: I am Ra. All that assaults your senses is catalyst. We, in speaking to this support group through this instrument, offer catalyst. The configurations of each in the group of body offer catalyst through comfort/discomfort. In fact all that is unprocessed that has come before the notice of a mind/body/spirit complex is catalyst.

I took assault to mean a negative interpretation of catalyst. But now that Ra states that they are offering catalyst, I don't see it in a negative connotation. Plus most of it is unprocessed or unconscious, so we'd have no reaction to it. Much of what Ra has said has definitely made me rethink who I am (being an infinite being).

So is catalyst always meant for spiritual growth? Or is it just a byproduct of creation?
I think Ra made a very deliberate choice when using the word catalyst. Lets look at the definition:

cat·a·lyst (kăt′l-ĭst)
n.
1. Chemistry A substance, usually used in small amounts relative to the reactants, that modifies and increases the rate of a reaction without being consumed in the process.
2. One that precipitates a process or event, especially without being involved in or changed by the consequences: "A free press ... has remained ... a vital catalyst to an informed and responsible electorate" (Robert O'Neal).

Catalyst can be seen then as something which enters our awareness and causes a reaction. this is the process by which growth happens. That growth can happen in any direction, it doesn't always mean spiritual growth, depends on your use of the catalyst.
The mind, like the body, has a sort of homeostasis which, when relativey balanced, is felt emotionally and mentally as "peace of mind" or well being. When confronted to a new aspect of self, which exists as an unconscious potential, the mind must make some kind of exception to this state in order to allow for reorientation and processing. How does the conscious mind treat the unconscious mind (Ra's potentiator) offering this new info under the circumstances? This treatment is totally a function of personal bias. Does being confronted with an unconscious asect of self aggrevate, agitate, inspire, encourage, spark curiosity, dissuade, challenge, disturb, upset, provoke? There is always a choice in how to react to exposure to one's self. Ra had a good point about the consequnces of forming a particular relationship with that interface to the unconscious.
Have you ever heard the phrase "it's a blessing in disguise" when two people are discussing a seemingly negative catalyst?
I've heard of angels in disguise as well, when you are apparently tested.

I don't recall any instances of discussing negative catalyst, unless you count my mom who is negative a lot. the silver lining is she probably is a spiritual master as she says she is, delivering catalyst in great amounts.
We do make meaning out of catalyst, which can hold emotional charge. Even if catalyst were neutral we, being meaning-makers, we do ascribe judgments (values, meanings, etc.,) onto the catalyst.

I can illustrate how altho people may not view catalyst in a positive light, they may come to accept themselves gradually. Think I've posted a lot on the progression of understanding & acceptance that occurs in people who have gone thru traumatic experiences. Have not met one person who said I'm glad I was assaulted it changed my life in a positive way. They can definitely shift the meaning of the catalyst from one that creates high level distress (emotional charge) and misunderstanding of who they are (like see themselves as unacceptable or weak due to being involved in some traumatic event).

And so I don't think catalyst do necessarily get interpreted in a positive light but people can increase their understanding of self & acceptance of self so that they can continue on their journey of healing.
Is this the quote you were referring to, Gary?

94.12 Wrote:Questioner: It seems to me that the Experience of the Mind would act in such a way as to change the nature of the veil so that catalyst would be filtered so as to be more acceptable in the bias that is increasingly chosen by the entity. For instance, if the entity had chosen the right-hand path the Experience of the Mind would change the permeability of the veil to accept more and more positive catalyst, and also the other would be true for accepting more negative if the left-hand path were the one that was repeatedly chosen. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is not only correct but there is a further ramification. As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been along the service-to-self path.
(05-08-2014, 04:17 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the quote you were referring to, Gary?

Yes! I think that's the one. Thank you.

Reading that one and honing in on the word "interpretation", it connected immediately in my mind to a Q&A from the next session:

Quote:95.24 Questioner: From that statement I interpret the following meaning: That if the Experience of the Mind has sufficiently chosen the right-hand path, as total purity is approached in choosing of the right-hand path, then total imperviousness from the effect of the left-hand catalyst is also approached. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is exquisitely perceptive. The seeker which has purely chosen the service-to-others path shall certainly not have a variant apparent incarnational experience. There is no outward shelter in your illusion from the gusts, flurries, and blizzards of quick and cruel catalyst.

However, to the pure, all that is encountered speaks of the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator. The cruelest blow is seen with an ambiance of challenges offered and opportunities to come. Thusly, the great pitch of light is held high above such an one so that all interpretation may be seen to be protected by light.

Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning", the story of his experience in a Nazi concentration camp, is a good testament to this.

Thanks, Parsons.

Smile GLB
There is also this quote:

"The deeper biases of a mind/body/spirit complex pilot the catalyst around the many isles of positivity and negativity as expressed in the archipelago of the deeper mind. However, the analogy is incorrect in that it does not take into account the further polarization which most certainly is available to the conscious mind after it has perceived the partially polarized catalyst from the deeper mind."
The deeper mind can be a scary place to go consciously.
(05-09-2014, 05:25 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]The deeper mind can be a scary place to go consciously.
How's that?
When I meditate and get deeper, sometimes I'll see scary things. Like scary demons. Or twisted scenes like my animals being hurt. Stuff that I don't normally get faced with.
(05-09-2014, 09:56 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When I meditate and get deeper, sometimes I'll see scary things. Like scary demons. Or twisted scenes like my animals being hurt. Stuff that I don't normally get faced with.
i don't think that's coming from your "deeper mind"

imo, the deeper mind is never "a scary place to go consciously" & stillness defines deep meditation
(05-09-2014, 09:56 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When I meditate and get deeper, sometimes I'll see scary things. Like scary demons. Or twisted scenes like my animals being hurt. Stuff that I don't normally get faced with.

Sounds like your shadow self waiting to be integrated.

Well, if you believe the 'deeper mind' is full of demons you somehow created than this is what will be literally reflected back to you. On the other hand, if you see it as an ally, a tool or opportunity for growth through integration, those shadows begin to look a lot less so. See the scenes through and let it play out in your Imagination without fear and you'll eventually be presented with the imbalance to address in plain sight.

Ultimately It's all really you and has come from you anyway.