Bring4th

Full Version: Plant Friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two little plant friends that I have had with me for a little over a year or two and they are just wonderful little beings. I'm a bit of a bad caretaker for plants, but since they are a succulent and an aloe vera plant, they can handle my occasional neglect of watering them.

Recently, I transplanted my aloe out of its smaller pot into a new pot and it almost immediately grew a ton and I could feel/see that it was much more happy. I then burned the tip of my right index finger on the stove, and asked the plant for some of its medicine for me (my guess is it said yes lol) and I broke off a tiny bit of it and used it on my fingertip. I was almost immediately healed from it and I had had a pretty painful grease burn on my fingertip.

I then realized that I had helped it and it, then in turn, helped me. I had taken care of it enough to have enough for both its wellbeing and my own. I thanked it and felt its energy flow through my being. It then made me laugh. My plants now talk to me in some energetic way and they are hilarious at times. It's not really in words that they speak but just impressions or feelings that almost make more sense to me. In fact, right now they are communicating with me.

They each have such unique personalities and a story and I often think it is easy for people to understand that animals are beings with a personality, but plants' personalities and behaviors are much too often overlooked. Since they speak and act in different ways than us animals, it can be very hard to slow down enough and really see them as a being with a personality.

So those are my plant friends, tell me about your experiences and friendships with members of the plant kingdom.
i have a bonsai tree
Pretty cool Marc! Thanks for sharing. I wish I could sense what you do, but I can't so I don't have any interesting stories. I guess that isn't true though, because I recently bought a house plant and as I was leaving the store, I felt a great sense of happiness and love from the plant. It felt as if a close relationship was being formed then and there as I walked out to my car with it..the kind you feel towards someone you've known forever. We were happy looking forward to the many years we're going to have together.

I have consciously taken steps towards a greater relationship with plants though, as I'm starting to study herbalism. Also learning to forage, wildcraft, conserve endangered plants, plant native plants, helping native pollinators, permaculture etc. I finally got around to buying the book Plant Spirit Shamanism by Heaven and Charing which has been on my list since 2008! You might be interested in it.
(05-10-2014, 12:45 AM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]i have a bonsai tree

I just checked this out online and now I want one...
I am impressed with your sensitivity and openness to communicating with other life forms, Marc. I communicate better with animals and have had many spontaneous, and sometime strange, telepathic messages from (especially, and I have no idea why) birds. I do get feelings from plants however. I can sense when they want water for instance. I'll be going about the house not looking at or thinking about any of my plants, and I will suddenly know that a certain plant needs water. Smile

In some of the early Castaneda books (the first one being "The Teachings of Don Juan"), Don Juan talks about the way plants communicate with us and can tell us what they are good for (herbal healing etc.). He also talks about the different energy hues they have and what that means (for example, a certain hue would indicate it's poisonous). There is another famous book called "Findhorn." This is about a small group of people who started a garden and grew amazing vegetables on a piece of non-arable land in Scotland by communicating with the elementals (who oversee the plant kingdom). If you can find a copy of that book, I think you will find it quite interesting.

In an effort to call in the fairies and elementals on my property, I built small structures with rocks and sticks. Somewhere in this forum I posted photos of a miniature Stonehenge I built for instance. I'll see if I can find that link. Smile

Here is the link to the photos I posted of my "elemental village." Smile
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...3#pid75143
(05-09-2014, 09:04 PM)Marc Wrote: [ -> ]I have two little plant friends that I have had with me for a little over a year or two and they are just wonderful little beings. I'm a bit of a bad caretaker for plants, but since they are a succulent and an aloe vera plant, they can handle my occasional neglect of watering them.

Recently, I transplanted my aloe out of its smaller pot into a new pot and it almost immediately grew a ton and I could feel/see that it was much more happy. I then burned the tip of my right index finger on the stove, and asked the plant for some of its medicine for me (my guess is it said yes lol) and I broke off a tiny bit of it and used it on my fingertip. I was almost immediately healed from it and I had had a pretty painful grease burn on my fingertip.

I then realized that I had helped it and it, then in turn, helped me. I had taken care of it enough to have enough for both its wellbeing and my own. I thanked it and felt its energy flow through my being. It then made me laugh. My plants now talk to me in some energetic way and they are hilarious at times. It's not really in words that they speak but just impressions or feelings that almost make more sense to me. In fact, right now they are communicating with me.

They each have such unique personalities and a story and I often think it is easy for people to understand that animals are beings with a personality, but plants' personalities and behaviors are much too often overlooked. Since they speak and act in different ways than us animals, it can be very hard to slow down enough and really see them as a being with a personality.
did they tell u their names or did u name them yet?

my bonsai tree told me his name is "bonsai tree"
thought this was referring to entheogens..

Melissa

[Image: IMG_1357c.jpg]

I love observing/photographing ferns, because there's something 'otherworldly' and tranquil about them.
Where the Red Fern Grows was the only book to make me cry.
Used to get lots of potted plants from my boss for christmas... since I travelled a lot after new years, I would ask people in the office to water them - but no one would! I'd return to the office like a month later and see a line of dead plants Sad . My colleagues and I named it Plant Cemetery.

So I asked our colleagues to either not give us plants for christmas or give us something like a cactus that requires little care... Well guess what lol even the cactus passed onto the other world bc no one took care of it while I was gone.

I prefer plants in its natural environment - if I didn't travel much probably I would have lived with them. Yeah but still working on processing catalyst of Pet Cemetery.
We have a row of redtips that grow about 10-feet high in the front yard. One night I was outside naked with them, talking to them. I think they appreciated my company.
(05-10-2014, 12:53 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]did they tell u their names or did u name them yet?

my bonsai tree told me his name is "bonsai tree"

I don't sense any names yet from them but just now I felt like they said I could call them Kevin and Jon...0.o
I now have a story to tell!

I've started morel hunting, and have only been out three times. They're an elusive mushroom that only comes up for a few weeks during springtime. It is the most sought after mushroom in the foraging and culinary world, due to the small window that they're around, and the flavor they provide (they can resemble venison). They mostly grow under a few species of trees which they have a relationship with, but they have been found everywhere really. The best method though is to look under those specific trees as that's where you will find the majority of them.

So I came upon a huge sycamore tree yesterday, which is one of its buddies. It has quite a presence about it. When I've gone out looking, I've been offering my gratitude to the trees and requesting the opportunity to find some morels. Though I had the thought that I wasn't communing deeply with the trees just for the sake of doing so; just sort of using them in a passing kind of way even though I was very thankful for them in general. So I laid aside my desires for the moment and sent some love to the sycamore, communicating how grateful I am for the company of Earth and what she provides. I took in the beauty of the tree and my surroundings.

Eventually I made the request. As I made my way around the tree, there it was..a huge yellow morel poking its head up out of the leaves! I couldn't believe it! I laughed with happiness! It was a surreal moment to actually have one right in front of you and see it for the first time. I was in a county park, so in the distance at an out of sight pavilion, a beautiful choir began singing. What a moment..the singing was so lovely. I certainly feel that the sycamore and morel were grateful for the love shared, happy to share that state of beingness in appreciation of each other's company, and therefore offered what was given.

I made my way around the tree looking for more, and blew on the morel to spread its spores, while also performing a ritual of healing and gratitude for Mother Earth. There were some trash items laying around at the base of the tree, with the label on a beer can looking like it had been there since the 70's or 80's. So I certainly took them with me. That must have been an additional offering on my part, and I certainly saw it as an exchange, with the tree wanting it removed. I spent about 45 minutes scanning the rest of the area, and just as I decided to head back, there was another! Bigger than the last and I almost walked by it. When you find one there will typically be others, but it didn't seem like there were others so it was unexpected as I had called it quits for the day.

A lovely experience! I'm heading back there today, as we had some rain yesterday.
(05-11-2014, 08:48 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]I now have a story to tell!

I've started morel hunting, and have only been out three times. They're an elusive mushroom that only comes up for a few weeks during springtime. It is the most sought after mushroom in the foraging and culinary world, due to the small window that they're around, and the flavor they provide (they can resemble venison). They mostly grow under a few species of trees which they have a relationship with, but they have been found everywhere really. The best method though is to look under those specific trees as that's where you will find the majority of them.

So I came upon a huge sycamore tree yesterday, which is one of its buddies. It has quite a presence about it. When I've gone out looking, I've been offering my gratitude to the trees and requesting the opportunity to find some morels. Though I had the thought that I wasn't communing deeply with the trees just for the sake of doing so; just sort of using them in a passing kind of way even though I was very thankful for them in general. So I laid aside my desires for the moment and sent some love to the sycamore, communicating how grateful I am for the company of Earth and what she provides. I took in the beauty of the tree and my surroundings.

Eventually I made the request. As I made my way around the tree, there it was..a huge yellow morel poking its head up out of the leaves! I couldn't believe it! I laughed with happiness! It was a surreal moment to actually have one right in front of you and see it for the first time. I was in a county park, so in the distance at an out of sight pavilion, a beautiful choir began singing. What a moment..the singing was so lovely. I certainly feel that the sycamore and morel were grateful for the love shared, happy to share that state of beingness in appreciation of each other's company, and therefore offered what was given.

I made my way around the tree looking for more, and blew on the morel to spread its spores, while also performing a ritual of healing and gratitude for Mother Earth. There were some trash items laying around at the base of the tree, with the label on a beer can looking like it had been there since the 70's or 80's. So I certainly took them with me. That must have been an additional offering on my part, and I certainly saw it as an exchange, with the tree wanting it removed. I spent about 45 minutes scanning the rest of the area, and just as I decided to head back, there was another! Bigger than the last and I almost walked by it. When you find one there will typically be others, but it didn't seem like there were others so it was unexpected as I had called it quits for the day.

A lovely experience! I'm heading back there today, as we had some rain yesterday.

Beautiful story! That's really inspiring to really get to know my botany and learn how to forage.
It's fun Marc. Update..I went back yesterday to see if more fruited and they did! I also found more under other sycamores! When I approached one of the new sycamores, I received the thought that it had heard about me, that I was kind, and was happy to meet me Smile In the book I mentioned above, it does say that all we have to do is start listening to plants. Thank you for the motivation to start paying more attention Smile
I've tried to listen to plants but I don't speak their language. But my love has poured out more towards other people and animals than it has to plants. I guess I could use a balance of love.
I had this huge beautiful tree in the front yard of my last apartment and it was my friend. We would let our dog do his business in the front yard (he was on a rope) and I would just sit on the stoop and stare at the tree and have "conversations" with it. I definitely got good feelings from that tree, when I would walk past it on my way home from work I would get this warm feeling, like it was saying hello. It would even pop in on my meditations sometimes Smile I could feel it's presence. It told me it's name once, sounded like rustling leaves which my brain translated as "Arshan."

When I moved I was sad to say goodbye and gave the tree a present, I tossed a piece of amethyst into one of it's knot holes.
I'm surprised Ankh hasn't found this thread with all this talk about trees BigSmile