Bring4th

Full Version: The question of responsibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have to do anything?

Your desires being inherently followed with your most significant efforts, is not your only responsibility to follow these desires and not suppress them, whether they consider others or only the empowerment of the self?

Why suppress the desires of the self into any willful and obligatory "responsibility" if the self will inherently follow such responsibilities? Why change the self if the self is inherently loved?
I do work because I don't know how to survive otherwise. Even though it doesn't bring me a degree of joy. The pay is alright.

You're right we are loved beyond measure. But I just don't feel that love. Because of the veil, I have to feel separate. And thus it's hard to know how much value to assign to my life.
(05-12-2014, 01:13 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have to do anything?

Your desires being inherently followed inherently with your most significant efforts, is not your only responsibility to follow these desires and not suppress them, whether they consider others or only the empowerment of the self?

Why suppress the desires of the self into any willful and obligatory "responsibility" if the self will inherently follow such responsibilities? Why change the self if the self is inherently loved?

what does responsibility mean to you?

at the end of the day, the principle of karmic learning is ALWAYS at play, so we get to experience the effects of our thinking/behaviour. Responsibility, in that case, is to observe the feedback, and make corresponding adjustments. Else the wheel of karmic learning will continue until you 'get it'.

"33.6 Thus if one opportunity is missed another will appear until the, shall we say, student of the life experience grasps that a lesson is being offered and undertakes to learn it."
Why does your concept of karmic learning apply to everyone? Why does everyone have to make adjustments, according to you? Why and how does this concept apply to me? Does everyone come here for the same type of lessons for the same type of service?

In response to the Ra quote, as its own teaching, I interpret it as simply a desire of the self being known until it is fulfilled.

Responsibility to me is simply the responsibility to the self to fulfill its desires, whether in regards to others or only the self; The desires of others being fulfilled by the self only being an expression of a single self, infinity.

Unbound

Your desires being inherently followed with your most significant efforts, is not your only responsibility to follow these desires and not suppress them, whether they consider others or only the empowerment of the self?

I do what I want, I do what I want.

Do you have any other point?
(05-12-2014, 01:37 PM)Tanner Wrote: [ -> ]

I do what I want, I do what I want.

Do you have any other point?

Exactly.

You are treading a fine line on this one Adonai. One sacrifices self serving desires so that one can be of service to an other self. It's perfectly ok to embrace ones desires but it's also ok to ignore certain desires so that an other self may benefit. Being a supportive partner or a parent are perfect examples. There are responsibilities one must take on so that the partner or child can benefit. Such responsibilities aren't looked at like a defeat or a suppression, quite the opposite actually. They are looked at as a gift to that other self because of the love one has for that other self.

The I do what I want when I want mentality wreaks of immaturity but it also teeters on an STS path. Knowing and working upon the self is indeed a service to the creator, I know that. But it also has to be for the intent to improve the self so that it may be of service to others and not just the self. To concentrate solely upon the self with complete disregard for others, is not what I think was intended by such inner work.
(05-12-2014, 01:36 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Why does your concept of karmic learning apply to everyone? Why does everyone have to make adjustments, according to you? Why and how does this concept apply to me? Does everyone come here for the same type of lessons for the same type of service?

because karmic learning is built into the system. It's like gravity Smile

(05-12-2014, 01:36 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Responsibility to me is simply the responsibility to the self to fulfill its desires, whether in regards to others or only the self; The desires of others being fulfilled by the self only being an expression of a single self, infinity.

Excellent!

so how would you describe some of your current desires?

Melissa

Congratulations Adonai. Wink (for staying true to yourself) And thank you & vervex for refueling my trust regarding a '4D relationship'. I've been skeptical/cynical about it but you two are a remarkable example for me.

Fang

I'm all things mum I do what I want!

I have come to see that I can do something I had a dislike or aversion against due to preconceptions or ideology and still be true to myself.

I would argue that the reasons behind the action is more important than the action. If I chose to work a 9-5 or end up in the situation of having to accept at 9-5 or be homeless I can still do this and adhere to my values. People will think you somewhat strange but that is usually the norm. I'd also rather engage in a social job where my non-job ideas can spread.

I consider my job the empowering of others as I have the luxury of selling products which actually help scientists so I'm thinking there may be some preconceptions on what you perceive as following your desire.

I'd also like to point out that the road to manifesting your desire (to be free and write books and uplift people) could very well go via the route of, for example, being a real estate agent.
namaste adonai
This quote from Buckminster Fuller came up on my facebook feed and I agree with it.

[Image: 1477771_735275843167923_914902831_n.jpg]
That would have been nice if my book had taken off and become a movie. But then I wouldn't really want to be famous. I wonder if I had listened to the agent instead of trying to self publish if it would be any different. Everyone who read it said they loved it.
Not sure exactly what you're asking. Consider your life and all things that make it possible. Someone somewhere, gathered, built, manufactured, processed, etc. etc. everything you use and consume. More importantly, at this time those of us who have been able to progress in consciousness at a quickened rate is due to all the hard work of those who have provided us with a rather comfortable life.

So we all have a responsibility to put something into the collective system. At this point, I'm at a place where I want to be functional in a holistic way, and be a part of the processes described by providing something of value to others.

I think the basic ideas of service and responsibility though, are to be there for others when something is asked of you.
(05-12-2014, 01:58 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]The I do what I want when I want mentality wreaks of immaturity but it also teeters on an STS path. Knowing and working upon the self is indeed a service to the creator, I know that. But it also has to be for the intent to improve the self so that it may be of service to others and not just the self. To concentrate solely upon the self with complete disregard for others, is not what I think was intended by such inner work.

There's nothing wrong with the STS path.

The Choice is only a choice when one chooses freely between all options and is true to one's deepest desires.

I say do what you want A1. I believe an important part of our journey is ripping away all norms, all rules, all shoulds, all musts and all "has-to's" and deeply contemplating what is important for you and how you will resolve conflicting desires. It's easier said than done. It can be important to observe your desires, the conflicts, and the consequences deeply in deciding what you truly want.

If you decide than an important desire within you is to bring others' happiness, to help other selves, and to love all others, then you have discovered the service to others within you in an organic way. If you decide this is not an important desire, and you wish to focus on yourself more, then perhaps service to self is your path. In any case, its all good, I'll definitely still talk to you either way Manny, even if you go to the "dark side" Smile
I believe the service-to-others path is founded on an all-encompassing self-love that expands to an all-encompassing love that loves all potentials of all people and all things.

I believe the service-to-self path is founded on a love of the self being only one potential, while having no concept of anything else other than one identity of reality the self envisions for only itself.

One is based on one reality that encompasses all things and all potentialities.

One is based on one reality that excludes all other potential realities.

I will state clearly that I am on the STO path.