Bring4th

Full Version: Joy and Inner Restlessness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Joy a choice? If so, how can I switch to that?
Is bliss something we can achieve through effort? Or through stop trying so hard?

What about inner restlessness? Is there something unbalanced inside that causes us to feel this most of the time? Or is it common for a wanderer to feel this way because of how the world is?

Is brothers and sisters of sorrow referring to us wanderers who feel sorrow for others?

Unbound

Joy is an experience you get when you are at peace with your choices.

Restlessness has tons of sources so it could be any of those reasons, or none of them.

That is the idea. Maybe not always FOR others, but often with others.
Ah eureka.

Wanderers don't feel any sadder than natives. Feeling sadness with others makes a lot of sense.

I'm still figuring it all out, and how to process all this unconscious catalyst, so joy is something that eludes me except in isolated instances. I'll get there.

Unbound

You and me both, brotha.
(05-12-2014, 01:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is Joy a choice? If so, how can I switch to that?

when did you feel the moment of greatest joy? and is some part of you wanting to experience that moment over and over again?
I receive joy when I pet my dog. But this joy cannot overtake the inner restlessness.

But the greatest joy was when I felt unconditional love in my heart. It made me cry, because I felt unworthy of it. I felt no inner restlessness then.

I felt joy when I hugged a man that looked like Jesus. I cried too because I thought it was him.
He even washed my feet, just like Jesus did to his disciples. This perhaps went past the inner restlessness.

I felt joy when I merged with God in a dream. I felt bliss. Dreamland feels like home to me, so I don't feel restless there.

I feel joy when I listen to the right kind of music.

I get more restless when at work, or around my mom.

I'm not sure if I want to experience that unconditional love to that intensity again because it makes me feel unworthy.

I've felt blissful love in my heart a number of times besides these. Sometimes they make me value life more.
(05-12-2014, 01:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is Joy a choice? If so, how can I switch to that?
Is bliss something we can achieve through effort? Or through stop trying so hard?

What about inner restlessness? Is there something unbalanced inside that causes us to feel this most of the time? Or is it common for a wanderer to feel this way because of how the world is?

Is brothers and sisters of sorrow referring to us wanderers who feel sorrow for others?

You experience joy when you focus on what you want, or the presence of what you want.

You experience negative emotion when you focus on the absence or lack of what you want. When you want something, and believe you can't have it, you set up contradiction within you. You register this contradictory energy as negative emotion. Blocked energy is what feels bad. When you are not contradicting your desires with negating thoughts and beliefs you feel positive emotions.

Whatever you give your attention to is amassing momentum by virtue of the law of attraction. That means it is easier to keep thinking thoughts you are used to thinking. More thoughts and experiences like those are being pulled into your experience. If a train is headed 100 miles an hour in one direction, the momentum prevents it from instantly changing to the opposite direction. You have to slow down the momentum, and then begin to get momentum headed in the direction that you want.

You may even think you are focusing on the presence of what you want. But your emotions don't lie. How do you feel? If you feel bad, you are focused on the absence of what you want, despite your best intentions. Don't beat yourself up for it, just gently redirect your thoughts to more appealing possibilities. You won't believe them at first, but all your powerful beliefs were once gentle thoughts. You don't have to figure it all out at once. Just use the inner spiritual compass you were born with (your emotions). You are being led all the time, you just have to feel your way there.

The momentum is directed intelligent infinity. The momentum could be described as the energy of the "wyrd" or, the energy of fate, or destiny. When you can direct this momentum in the way you want to, you have the potential to alter your fate or destiny. Fate is just the momentum of thought. Karma is just the momentum of thought. Everything is the momentum of consciousness.

You could also apply this analogy to polarity.
"If you feel bad, you are focused on the absence of what you want, despite your best intentions."

It's hard for me not to focus on what I do not have. This sometimes makes me sad. Sometimes restless. But very rarely will I experience joy.

It's not feeling the love of Creator that's the hardest of all.
(05-13-2014, 12:14 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]"If you feel bad, you are focused on the absence of what you want, despite your best intentions."

It's hard for me not to focus on what I do not have. This sometimes makes me sad. Sometimes restless. But very rarely will I experience joy.

It's not feeling the love of Creator that's the hardest of all.

Its understandable that it is difficult to focus on what you want. Believe me, I sympathize.

But your work is still the same.

You want to feel the love of the creator.

Look for it.

Look for evidence of it. Transmute the symbolic lead into the symbolic gold. Perform the sacred emotional alchemy. The more satisfaction you find in this present moment, the more you are attracting to be satisfied about. The more you appreciate in this present moment, the more you are attracting to appreciate.

Let the momentum amass and the manifestations will occur. Bring what is not into being. You couldn't feel bad, if your soul didn't know there was better out there for you.
(05-12-2014, 02:11 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]But the greatest joy was when I felt unconditional love in my heart. It made me cry, because I felt unworthy of it. I felt no inner restlessness then.

I'm not sure if I want to experience that unconditional love to that intensity again because it makes me feel unworthy.

where do you think that sense of unworthiness comes from?

- -

for me, a lot of that particular distortion (the sense of unworthiness) is triggered by shame and guilt, which in turn can be triggered by other things, so there is a chain of negative vibes or emotions, of which some are just permutations of each other, but others have distinct 'ranges' or vibrational tones, if I could describe it that way.

as I've gone about addressing those guilt/shame issues, the related sense of 'unworthiness' is triggered less and less often - that emotion of 'I don't deserve this, or I am not good enough to be in this space with that other person etc etc'.

I don't know if it's a direct balancing measure but unworthiness and gratitude seem somehow linked as well.
(05-14-2014, 09:12 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2014, 02:11 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]But the greatest joy was when I felt unconditional love in my heart. It made me cry, because I felt unworthy of it. I felt no inner restlessness then.

where do you think that sense of unworthiness comes from?

- -

for me, a lot of that particular distortion (the sense of unworthiness) is triggered by shame and guilt, which in turn can be triggered by other things, so there is a chain of negative vibes or emotions, of which some are just permutations of each other, but others have distinct 'ranges' or vibrational tones, if I could describe it that way.

as I've gone about addressing those guilt/shame issues, the related sense of 'unworthiness' is triggered less and less often - that emotion of 'I don't deserve this, or I am not good enough to be in this space with that other person etc etc'.

I don't know if it's a direct balancing measure but unworthiness and gratitude seem somehow linked as well.

The sense of unworthiness came because I'm a man, and feel I don't measure up to the love that was shown to me. I have some guilt over how I have lived. One main regret, but I think this experience of unconditional love happened before I made that one mistake. Perhaps it was a gift from my higher self, showing me that I'm loved, despite what I do. I did feel like I didn't deserve the love.
(05-14-2014, 06:42 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]The sense of unworthiness came because I'm a man, and feel I don't measure up to the love that was shown to me. I have some guilt over how I have lived. One main regret....

Keep digging into that subconscious mind for the origins of the guilt/unworthiness belief and I'm sure you'll figure things out man.
(05-14-2014, 06:51 PM)xise Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2014, 06:42 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]The sense of unworthiness came because I'm a man, and feel I don't measure up to the love that was shown to me. I have some guilt over how I have lived. One main regret....

Keep digging into that subconscious mind for the origins of the guilt/unworthiness belief and I'm sure you'll figure things out man.

Honestly it's not that severe. It's rather subtle. It certainly doesn't keep me up at night. But I'll keep looking. Thanks for the vote of confidence.