Bring4th

Full Version: Amaaaaaaaazing Mushroom Pictures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Link to article.

At the end of the article there are two links to more images.."explore" and "further" are separate links, so click them both.

[Image: 6877546053_80f1627071_b.jpg]

[Image: 13932290988_d8796c0f12_b.jpg]

[Image: 6877540987_d3e9962941_b.jpg]
there's a lot of hair on them.

- -

and dem pretty colors in the linked article.

speaking of which, when microscopic entities are blown up to full screen size, they can truly be terrifying :-/ (speaking more of buggy creatures and the like, viruses)
Yeah!..they can be nasty lookin buggers.
I love Mushrooms.
Yay for shrums <3
Wow. I now know where on Earth James Cameron looked for inspiration when making "Avatar". : )
Yeah I'm looking forward to the second Avatar!

Nice link Gemini.
(05-15-2014, 10:37 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I'm looking forward to the second Avatar!

Me too! My favorite movie all times!
It was full of symbolism..one of my favs as well!

Jupiter Ascending should be great also. The Wachowski brothers wrote it.
(05-15-2014, 11:01 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Jupiter Ascending should be great also. The Wachowski brothers wrote it.

Added to my must-watch-list!
Here are some of my pictures I took of mushrooms.

[Image: 8CXejLebk4_5gYkVO8muokPnDk6ct6Hr30jNB4ab...7cbq=s1200]

[Image: a7rGoppRtSUsHHgEg6Ccj4LbzyifEnqAtAZQT28m...f-SC=s1200]

[Image: w9rf-GtiikkIeW23hg7VvDTz7-YP8hkk1gCyuQQO..._umFCQs8vq]

[Image: rws6h-OFalT7BqP8QDK21geFRPqgYuq1WaDV2NAC...H8PdO_USFK]

[Image: sqpOzJAwJrcl8Uo0Ja8gPnCj17O7lwuYrwaRHtzz...C4pM-WU9Vl]
An army of mushrooms! The last two resemble a mushroom called chicken of the woods, but I'm all but positive they're not it. Chicken of the woods supposedly taste like, you guessed it, chicken BigSmile Can't wait to find some.
(05-18-2014, 09:35 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]An army of mushrooms! The last two resemble a mushroom called chicken of the woods, but I'm all but positive they're not it. Chicken of the woods supposedly taste like, you guessed it, chicken BigSmile Can't wait to find some.

BigSmile

The mushrooms in the last two pictures I believe is called False turkey-tail or Golden curtain crust (Stereum ostrea).
Cool. True turkey tail has been shown to boost immune system function to slow or stop the growth of cancerous tumors when used alongside modern treatments.

Paul Stamets own mother reversed stage 4 breast cancer using turkey tail that Paul was providing to Bastyr University referred to in the above link.
(05-14-2014, 09:01 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]speaking of which, when microscopic entities are blown up to full screen size, they can truly be terrifying :-/ (speaking more of buggy creatures and the like, viruses)

That just gave me a thought, maybe that's because they look like little robots, robots that feed on survival instinct, devoid of emotion, that's what makes them scary.