Bring4th

Full Version: People like Eckhart Tolle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They seem pretty centered. Like nothing bothers them. They are still, and live in the now. How do they do it so easily, when it is so hard for others?

I can say that I want to experience unity and be at love with everyone and see the sacramental nature of all things. I may experience that for a moment, but it is fleeting?

How are some people able to just live like that, nearly all the time? In relative calm, where nothing apparently upsets them.

If he believed in social memory complexes (not sure if he knows about them), he's probably feel the love from them too.
practice makes perfect

Unbound

Release of expectations.
That's a wonderful question!

Constant mindfulness. Noticing mind/emotions pulling one in uncomfortable directions, and refocusing on Love. Throughout all of Carla's channelings, all sources keep repeating that everything and every moment contains love - I see my first task in any situation as figuring out how to find and feel that love, everything else being secondary.

There is a Buddhist story I read a long time ago, which I will paraphrase.
The Master was walking through a monastery, and saw a monk who had just finished meditating.
"What are you doing?" inquired the Master.
"Tending the yak," the young monk replied.
"And how does one tend the yak?"
"The yak wanders onto the grass, and I pull him back onto the path, again and again."
"Truly, that is how one tends the yak," said the Master.

Meditation, in particular, meditating on the Creator and loving the Creator - for me personally, the loving Father, creator of this Universe whom Ra calls Logos. I love Him for the beauty in this world, for the astounding magic that is this Universe, for creating me, for all the blessings in my life.

Recognizing that you are OK and have been given everything you need to be OK in this present moment - that is a big one for me.
(05-17-2014, 04:43 PM)Stranger2k Wrote: [ -> ]Meditation, in particular, meditating on the Creator and loving the Creator - for me personally, the loving Father, creator of this Universe whom Ra calls Logos. I love Him for the beauty in this world, for the astounding magic that is this Universe, for creating me, for all the blessings in my life.

Recognizing that you are OK and have been given everything you need to be OK in this present moment - that is a big one for me.

For me, I see Creator as a brilliant white light. How do you see Creator?

Creator can also be a person we visualize, but usually I see a source of loving light.

I interrupted my meditation to write this. I do that a lot. I need to just let the experiences happen without trying to write them all down.
Quote:For me, I see Creator as a brilliant white light. How do you see Creator?

Creator can also be a person we visualize, but usually I see a source of loving light.

I think the brilliant white light (and white light, of course, contains all other colors) is on the mark. For me personally, however, I find it easier to relate to, and love (and here words fail somewhat) the individual consciousness, the person, the absolutely loving Father. I do not visualize Him - I simply reach out toward His presence with love.
Look around you or look in the mirror and see the Creator. Smile
(05-17-2014, 05:09 PM)Stranger2k Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:For me, I see Creator as a brilliant white light. How do you see Creator?

I think the brilliant white light (and white light, of course, contains all other colors) is on the mark. For me personally, however, I find it easier to relate to, and love (and here words fail somewhat) the individual consciousness, the person, the absolutely loving Father. I do not visualize Him - I simply reach out toward His presence with love.

That sounds like something I can do. I can feel Creator more than I can visualize him. I don't have a visual for Infinity. I'm sure he appreciates when we reach out to him with Love. Even if God is the Christian God, we are still loving him.
Eckhart had an enlightment experience for 2 years where he lived on park benches. I'm sure he has on and off deep appreciation of beauty and bliss but that's normal
Quote:Sunday Meditation

April 29, 1979

And yet, all that we can tell you is that that freedom is within yourself and not within the outer world, for the outer world is a distraction and a series of distractions which serve as a catalyst for your understanding. This catalyst you may ignore; you may become unhappy; you may become tired or you may consider these things within yourself, deciding what each lesson of your life might have to do with love. And when you see the love in a situation, then you have come one step closer to what you would call the kingdom of heaven. That is the place in which we dwell, for our dimension relates very closely to your heavenly vibration, as you would call it. In that vibration we live, and from that vibration we reach back to you to help, as it were, by inspiration, to help you want to be lifted up into a place in which there is peace and joy in reality and not only in dreams.

I have come to realize that our task here is not to dream of escape to a heavenly world, but to transmute each moment of our lives into heaven by the power of the Love that is always available to us, if we would tune in to it with our hearts and minds. Samsara is Nirvana. If we develop the ability to transmute even the most difficult circumstances into love, are we not invincible?
I was thinking of Creator much of today. while my mom does her shopping. When we're out, she can spend easily 4 hours looking around. I'm usually in and out in 15 minutes. We went to 2 stores today, though I'm not sure why we couldn't get everything at one store. Then she wanted an ice-cream drink from Sonic. I usually like to chill at home, but she likes to go out on the weekends. And we just went grocery shopping yesterday as well. She just likes to shop. Still, I do my best to find the love in the moment, even if I'm bored.
Gemini Wolf, go out and buy “A New Earth,” it’s a very interesting book. I cannot do it justice. You began this thread with the question: “How are some people able to just live like that, nearly all the time? In relative calm, where nothing apparently upsets them.”

Our thoughts, our minds, create our perception of our world, and of ourselves.

My mind can get furious about something that happened when I was 14 years old. It can become terrified by something that has not yet happened. It can feel superior to, or less than, others. It can drive me crazy.

Those who manage to follow Eckhart Tolle’s advice, manage to realize that “I am not that mind, I am the observer of that mind.” And then to go further, “I Am. I Am aware. I Am consciousness.” It is spirituality wrapped in psychology. Or is it psychology wrapped in spirituality (?)

You cannot fight with your mind, but you can observe it. You can even laugh at it. And you can feel joyful about that. You cannot force that joy, but you can relax and go within, and find a joyful peace within your inner Being.

At the start of “A New Earth” Tolle writes of the similarity of various spiritual teachings:

That is, similar teachings about the human condition. Tolle says that the “normal” state of mind is “dysfunction or even madness.” In Hindu this “collective mental illness” is Maya, in Buddhism it is Dukkha (aka suffering), in Christianity it is Original Sin. (And this is my addition, RA calls it our Distortion.)

Another similarity of the spiritual truth found in various religions, and heard of from various teachers, is that transformation is possible. In Hindu this is enlightenment, Jesus called it salvation, and the Buddha called it the end of suffering. (I believe that Ra calls it Harvest.)

I love Eckhart Tolle. I’ve only just begun “A New Earth,” but I already know that I will probably be reading it more than once. He’s an excellent writer, and I believe that he knows what he writes of.

But this “collective mental illness” refers to all of us “normal” folks. If someone is experiencing a deeper form of mental illness, then these teachings may be magnificent, or may create confusion, I’ve no idea. I think that each case would be different. Perhaps, Gemini Wolf, you may consider buying two books, one for yourself, and one for your therapist? I want to help, and I very much want to do no harm . . . but you did ask this question about Eckhart Tolle, and why people like him.
I believe my mom purchased A New Earth some time ago, but it's lost in our set of books, which got moved. I think I may have read it in the past.
When I call for help from my social memory complex that my higher self is part of, I feel them trying to break through my heart so hard. I feel like I have a hard heart. when it comes to sad movies I'm like a marshmallow, so I don't know why I can't feel their love coming through effectively.

I feel them trying to work though. Some sensations at my heart. At this makes me glad.
Well then don’t ask for help from without. Just go within, and ask for nothing. The love, and the joy, are your own inner Being.

Many times, when someone is upset, I ask for some of That Ones Infinite Light to surround them. And I imagine seeing it. Infinite means there is plenty more, and you cannot waste it.

My dog was abused before I adopted her. When a dog psychic asked her what she thought of me, my dog said that “No one had ever given her white bubbles before,” and that she really liked it. She said more than that, but that was fantastic.

So now I’ve also learned that I can ask for this White Light to surround me. To bring me love, and peace, and protection. And it works.

Infinite Light also means infinite love, infinite understanding, infinite ability, infact infinite infinity.
(05-25-2014, 03:08 PM)Charles Wrote: [ -> ]Well then don’t ask for help from without. Just go within, and ask for nothing. The love, and the joy, are your own inner Being.

When I ask for help from my social memory complex and higher self, it seems like it's more effective than using my own white light. The higher self is myself, so it's not like asking someone outside of myself. I like to spend time meditating on them. The social memory complex that my higher self is part of.

At least right now I feel it. I didn't before.