Bring4th

Full Version: 13 year old kid does Ted Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this a repost from somewhere, I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums.

There are a lot of good points made in this talk. Highlights: How the present educational system seems to be geared towards teaching kids how to get a career to make money but don't in any way teach kids how to be happy. Recommendations include meditation, yoga, or incorporating spiritual practice.

I'm really impressed with this kid. He is more comfortable speaking in front of a group than I ever was or will be and he was only 13 when this was recorded.

Very cool indeed. Definitely makes me question my daughters path within the institutionalized school system

The major stumbling block that this kids parents seem to not have is the ability to only have one income to support the family as I assume the one parent stays at home to teach. I may have this assumption wrong though since I don't know this kids situation but the amount of travel outside of home to do such community events and gather experiential moments means to suggest that one parent is doing the driving. Home schooling would be great but I often wonder about the lack of social interaction. My daughter has friends but mostly from school and these friends don't live in the neighborhood since she goes to a school a little farther away.
Good stuff, this kid has the right idea. I decided that if I ever have kids, they're being home schooled.

Melissa

Absolutely phenomenal. Crack that system, kid! He's brilliant.
Great kid i agree with basically everything he says. The only issue i have is that if everybody had that mentality would we still have people wanting to work for minimum wage jobs that they don't really enjoy? Take Starbucks for example, i am assuming most people who work there probably get minimum wages and work long hours plus they might be fairly unhappy because of this. However at the same time we need people to be able to do these more basic tasks to keep the system moving. I am sure nobody starts off life saying i want to work in a minimum paid job and work long hours for many years or even a life time, yet to simply survive many people have to do this. The harsh reality is that we all need at least some people to do this in order for us to go about our daily lifes, think about the last time you got a coffee at a cafe or went to a supermarket does everybody seem happy and joyful? Yet we benefit from this suffering daily and we will continue to do so until we develop machines that can replace these type jobs.

Melissa

(05-23-2014, 01:22 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Great kid i agree with basically everything he says. The only issue i have is that if everybody had that mentality would we still have people wanting to work for minimum wage jobs that they don't really enjoy?

Ehmm, no. And we don't actually need starbucks or supermarkets.
(05-23-2014, 03:08 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2014, 01:22 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Great kid i agree with basically everything he says. The only issue i have is that if everybody had that mentality would we still have people wanting to work for minimum wage jobs that they don't really enjoy?

Most jobs at one level or another will have tasks that aren't that glamorous but we will still need people to do them. The very idea of success is based on the concept of failure. In order for someone to be following a dream we need someone to have lost one. The up can only be thought of because of the down. I would say that at this present time it is impossible for everybody to follow there dream job in the sense that we will still need many basic manual tasks that aren't that fun and have long hours that still need to be done.

If we can develop free energy, and machines to do these tasks then i believe it will one day be possible for everybody to follow ones dream job or that which makes them happy.

That being said things happen for a reason and having a difficult low paid high hour job can indeed be a useful learning experience. Just like in the Victorian times we had a 16 hour working day, the advancements in technology have allowed us to half this into a 7/8 hour working day. Perhaps in time it will be lessen to just a few hours a day maintaining machines to take care of these tasks.

Melissa

(05-23-2014, 03:49 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Most jobs at one level or another will have tasks that aren't that glamorous but we will still need people to do them. The very idea of success is based on the concept of failure. In order for someone to be following a dream we need someone to have lost one. The up can only be thought of because of the down. I would say that at this present time it is impossible for everybody to follow there dream job in the sense that we will still need many basic manual tasks that aren't that fun and have long hours that still need to be done.

If we can develop free energy, and machines to do these tasks then i believe it will one day be possible for everybody to follow ones dream job or that which makes them happy.

That being said things happen for a reason and having a difficult low paid high hour job can indeed be a useful learning experience. Just like in the Victorian times we had a 16 hour working day, the advancements in technology have allowed us to half this into a 7/8 hour working day. Perhaps in time it will be lessen to just a few hours a day maintaining machines to take care of these tasks.

Machines have feelings too. It's all totally unnecessary but you have to be willing to think/feel totally outside this current -or historical box, so to speak.
(05-23-2014, 04:04 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]

Machines have feelings too. It's all totally unnecessary but you have to be willing to think/feel totally outside this current -or historical box, so to speak.

I don't think machines have a emotional complex's unless they are programmed with AI. I wouldn't want to go down this route. I am interested in what you mean by thinking out side of the box with this subject, having thought it over previously i have found it difficult to find any logical idea that would work in 3rd density reality other than the progression in technology to free us from manual tasks and working hours. I believe Ra made reference to this with Tesla.

Melissa

(05-23-2014, 04:11 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think machines have a emotional complex's unless they are programmed with AI. I wouldn't want to go down this route. I am interested in what you mean by thinking out side of the box with this subject, having thought it over previously i have found it difficult to find any logical idea that would work in 3rd density reality other than the progression in technology to free us from manual tasks and working hours. I believe Ra made reference to this with Tesla.

I think AI just makes it seem more reasonable, like a permission slip for our brain to be able to address emotions to machines, otherwise it may seem silly. ;) And it may indeed seem illogical, if you're comparing it to how stuff works at the moment. Which, in my mind, is entirely illogical, 'dehumanizing', 'disposable' and rather insane. Most people I know and see can't deal with the world without desensitizing themselves, one way or another. Though most of them don't even realize it.

Detrimental manual tasks aren't necessary if we stop making all this crap we don't actually need. There's nothing wrong with 'working' or physical activities though, as long as it's not solely driven by survival or making profits.

We will never be able to handle free energy, or freedom and whatnot, if we don't change our mindset first. Seemingly drastic even.
(05-24-2014, 01:22 AM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2014, 04:11 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2014, 03:08 PM)Melissa Wrote: [ -> ]Ehmm, no. And we don't actually need starbucks or supermarkets.

I think AI just makes it seem more reasonable, like a permission slip for our brain to be able to address emotions to machines, otherwise it may seem silly. Wink And it may indeed seem illogical, if you're comparing it to how stuff works at the moment. Which, in my mind, is entirely illogical, 'dehumanizing', 'disposable' and rather insane. Most people I know and see can't deal with the world without desensitizing themselves, one way or another. Though most of them don't even realize it.

Detrimental manual tasks aren't necessary if we stop making all this crap we don't actually need. There's nothing wrong with 'working' or physical activities though, as long as it's not solely driven by survival or making profits.

We will never be able to handle free energy, or freedom and whatnot, if we don't change our mindset first. Seemingly drastic even.

Manual tasks will still be necessary for most jobs. Take administration for example. Even if we stop making things we do not need the suffering remains for some who will have to do as you put it the "Detrimental manual tasks". I agree that we need to change our mindset first, however for this to fully ripen and function in society i feel we will be basically be in 4th density.

To simply put it i don't believe within the illusion the idea is fully possible, its a stepping stone to a greater reality that we will have to walk towards.

Melissa

Well, small steps can go a long way Wink I'm utterly curious to see what is possible here, on a global scale, that is. Whoop whoop!
I don't even know the part I'm supposed to play to help humanity towards 4D.