Bring4th

Full Version: 5 Natural Ways to Prevent Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
best ways to be protected from depression

http://blogs.naturalnews.com/5-natural-w...epression/

take care
Those are important - exercise has been shown to work as well as Prozac in improving mood. Behavior activation therapy works on the basis that when depressed, people stop doing much of anything, in particular, enjoyable things, and directly addresses that. Sleep is also important.

What I don't see on the list are the fruits of a spiritually-informed perspective on life. For example: doing away with the nihilistic worldview of self as just a body that dies after a few years in a random, meaningless Universe - instead, seeing the Universe as full of life, consciousness, love and being, and recognizing that you have been intentionally created by the Father to fill a void in the infinity of beingness that only your unique beingness can fill; that you are loved and helped through life by other beings who care very deeply about you, always; and even the fact that there are, in this superficially chaotic and apparently cruel Universe, beings of pure and absolute goodness and light, and it is within your capacity and, indeed, is your inevitable destiny to become one of them.

With that as the foundation of one's understanding of the world, it becomes easier to accept oneself with all of one's temporary imperfections; to begin appreciating and loving the beauty of the world around you; and to begin mindfully increasing the love within yourself by finding someone or something to love in each moment.

Where there is love, there can be no depression. The trick is to stop and invest effort into finding that love in each moment.
My mild depression comes and goes. I don't usually feel down, other than desiring to depart earth and not liking it here, but that's more a homesickness. It's not severe by any means. I do love to sleep though, and they say that's a sign of depression. But honestly I don't feel depressed. I do get sad though, and feel sad much of the time.
[Image: 0d1bd68f0eacdb9dcf349d8f339498d36b9b4393...1d3a25.jpg]
I wish I could go back to sleep instead of having to work. I've got a lot of vacation days, but I don't want to use them up before the end of the year.

Dreamland just feels more like home.

I do wake up several times a night, so it's like I do go back to sleep. Sometimes if I'm lucky I can continue a dream I was in.
For me it was anxiety I felt in my solar plexus. Then I took Prozac once and the anxiety left my solar plexus. Still I felt it in my heart. It's like the opposite of loving energy. It's a nervous energy I feel in my heart. Don't know if it's depression or anxiety. But it doesn't buzz like anxiety had in the past. It's a smooth, but somewhat uncomfortable pressure in my heart. But what slight depression I feel is from work and from not having anthros be real.
(05-21-2014, 09:00 AM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ]best ways to be protected from depression

http://blogs.naturalnews.com/5-natural-w...epression/

take care

Choosing natural ways to battle depression are the best and effective way to fight. Also there is very little to no fear of harsh side effect. We have no idea how much positive effect we can feel by just changing a little bit of our lifestyle say Regular Exercise, Get Enough Sleep, Try Something New etc. For more such ideas you can go through this article http://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/depr...ssion.html I found this really helpful, hoping the same for you. Angel
Create a tulpa with much dedication, and you'll find depression not as intense as it used to be. I live pretty much depression free now.
Hi.

I will not say: "When you know 100% about depression...". It's impossible.

But I would say: When you know more about depression, maybe you can control it
a little more?

Try to watch the movie "What the BLEEP! do we know?! down the rabbit hole". ! ! !
It IS the BEST "pep talk" I have ever seen/listen too !!! B-)

If you can get the 3 DVD kit, it's best.

Blue skies.
here are some tips to cope

take care

Stay Happy: Researches indicate that when you redirect your attention to the positive thoughts, there is an increase of serotonin levels in your brain. It’s evident that what is on your mind can greatly influence the flow of blood in your brain. Recent studies have realized that, thoughts can alter the levels of neurotransmitters. When serotonin levels are low, poor moods develop. When high, you feel good. Simply by staying happy, there is a rise in serotonin levels and hence your moods improve.

Go Out Frequently: Going for a walk outdoors will not only relieve tension but will make you more happy, productive, and healthy. Unluckily, you may not move your office outside but there are alternatives you can try. Additionally, working from outside can be difficult in the majority. Studies indicate that exposure to light play major role in increasing serotonin levels battling depression. Bright light therapy has been successfully used to treat depression. If you can’t identify the reason as to why you are depressed, try moving out frequently.

Regular Exercise: There is no need for a gym. You can try a jog, walk, or gardening. Exercise is renowned to have very many health benefits in a person. Several researches indicate that exercise improves depression symptoms and enhance moods. Reputable health experts recommend exercise to patients with mild depression instead of prescribing antidepressant medications.

Healthy Diet: This is an effective way of increasing serotonin levels in your system. Both in human and animals tryptophan raises serotonin levels. If you suffer from mild to moderate depression, tryptophan can improve your moods. Surprisingly, people who normally burst in to anger or become easily irritable can change once they receive small amounts of tryptophan. There are various types of tryptophan supplements you can chose from. However, there is some evidence that long-term use of meals with high amounts of tryptophan is not healthy. Omega-3s foods are known to improve moods according to studies. Avoid foods rich in trans-fats since they can make you more irritable, less intelligent, and depressed.

Get Enough Sleep: Did you know that inadequate sleep can make depression symptoms worse? You may find it difficult to fall asleep when depressed. This calls the need to make lifestyle changes. Go to sleep and wake up routinely. Avoid daytime naps. Shut down all appliances that can distract during bedtime. Avoid the use of caffeine near bedtime. Eventually, your sleep would improve.

Take Your Responsibilities: It is easier to get the urge to pull back from life and relegate your duties to others at work or home when you are depressed. Avoid it the much you can. By simply taking charge and remaining occupied all day, you can naturally outfight depression. If you are not working or schooling, try some volunteer work.

Try Something New: You are in a rut when depressed. However try something different. Go for a walk in the park, museum, and movies or read a book. You can as well try making your own meals or take up a new language class. Health experts say that whenever you move to a different occupation, there are chemical changes in the brain as well.

Enjoy Yourself: Most are the times you will find nothing interesting when you are depressed. Push yourself in to something which is pleasurable such as visiting a friend, spending time with your family, dancing to a favorite tune, or watching a favorite movie. Once you overpower depression for a day, a week or a month, reward yourself to stay motivated. You must relearn to have fun in things that were previously exciting.

Consult a Physician: The going may get tough at times. However, if despite of your efforts nothing changes, seek medical attention immediately. Informing your partner, family member or a trusted friend is ideal as they will have a closer look if your condition becomes worse or if you become suicidal. If you opt to use a supplement, consult your physician first. There are some hopes in such supplements although more researches are still underway.

http://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/depr...ssion.html