Bring4th

Full Version: Hello,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new, first post, thought I would give a brief history. Was supposed to do lunch in town with a friend from Mark-Age, but am snowed in again.

I'm a widow crone, no kids, live on the old family farm in the boondocks of SW Virginia by myself, and work alone for the most part. Have several companion animals. My favorites have always been dogs, cats, and hookbill birds. Others who have blessed me with their friendship have included a dwarf cow, some mice and guinea pigs, ducks, flying squirrels, bluejays, a catfish, chickens, goats, many more. Needless to say, I'm a vegetarian.

Have always known I was a wanderer, a stranger in a strange land, with a job to do. Was always considered a little peculiar by relatives, didn't fit in, didn't want to. My father was my only mentor, who taught me about animals and seasons and growing things and 3D practicalities. He disincarnated nearly twenty years ago, but is still around to advise.

Learned piano at a very early age, got good enough to appreciate the really good. Still play, still sing, still plunk on my ancient guitar.

Am an empath, have had quite a struggle with compassion distortion, hopefully have made some improvements. Solitude helps.

May we do what we came here to do and grow in wisdom and understanding.
thank you for sharing your story and welcome to bring 4th
i hope you will post often Smile
Welcome.
It is a sincere pleasure to have you here among us, and I look forward to your contributions Smile
1 - Hello!

2 - Thank you!!

3 - Welcome!!! Heart

Brittany

Hey, Solitary! Welcome!

I'm an empath, too. Sometimes I wish I could live out in the country. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the middle of a bunch of people. Oh well, gives me plenty of catalyst anyway.

I'm glad you're comfortable with who you are. Being able to love yourself is one of the greatest blessings there is!

Love and Light,
Lynn
Dear Solitary,

It's a pleasure to meet you here. Living in an urban environment, many times I long for a life like yours. In the crowded modern-day cities life can be even more solitary than in the country. And I wish I could enjoy the real company of all those little and fascinating animal beings.

Thanks for being as you are and for joining us.

Heart
Greetings and well wishes. Thank you bringing your experience and wisdom of love and compassion to this setting.
(02-16-2010, 05:23 PM)Light seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Solitary,

It's a pleasure to meet you here. Living in an urban environment, many times I long for a life like yours. In the crowded modern-day cities life can be even more solitary than in the country. And I wish I could enjoy the real company of all those little and fascinating animal beings.

Thanks for being as you are and for joining us.

Heart

It wasn't always this way, my rather idyllic lifestyle. I worked in hospitals and for municipal government for decades, and spent very little time at home. After I retired my husband's mother became terminally ill, and I spent long stretches of time with her in San Antonio, which is a long way from my little farm, and most definitely urban. Two months after she died my husband found out that he was terminally ill with the same disease (colon cancer, sorry about this negative thing here). Then he died two years ago. So that was a lot of, I guess you could say, service for others that I tried to do honorably.

Anyway, this present circumstance is somewhat of a respite where the 'others' are my companion animals, who also require care. But I must say, the affection and kindness I have received in turn from humans and critters have greatly softened the memories of sadness and hardship, and helped me to realize many needful things. On this day of snow and cold and remembering, I am most grateful to you all, my fellow travelers, for your warmth and friendship. May you be blessed.
Dear solitary,

You certainly have covered a painful and noble path of service to others, which I deeply admire. I feel you've gained a treasure of insights and love lessons that can make a great contribution to this meeting place. You are a courageous soul and your presence enrich us all.

Blessings

Heart
Thank you for joining us! I'm a city kid and would be happy to learn of more wisdom from the farm.