Bring4th

Full Version: Are we irrational?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you think we are irrational for believing in this material and all the other things which come along with it? etc life after death, spirit guides, aliens and so on. I've been asking myself why I believe what I do lately, and I can't really answer it intellectually. I believe in something for which there is no real evidence or proof and I will always believe I imagine. And I don't really know why I will continue to do so. According to skeptics we would be classified as irrational, deluded and even crazy. People usually cite their personal experience as evidence for their beliefs. A typical argument against this is that people are simply seeing what they want to believe rather than looking at things from a scientific perspective. I kind of agree with this and notice myself throwing 'supernatural' reasons at experiences which I suppose could be explained as something like my 'mind playing tricks on me'. Sorry for this jumble of thoughts. What do you guys think?
Not irrational but unconscious.
Look how slow each recording for the Ra material was as well as the dedication of the people involved, complexity of the story and see the depth of original material this work created.

Compare the archetypal mind in its deepest introspection to most academic philosophy.

I hold one can rationally deduce the probability of this being a hoax or not.

Additionally, convicting oneself to any "truth" or knowledge absolutely is irrational in my book. I do not dare hold this as a golden doctrine and golden set of truths. It's an interesting set of material to consider though -- in its inherent plausibility with faith that it might have some practical application in ones life.

In other words, it's not irrational if you don't hedge your life on its truth like most religious people.

Dogma whether it be religious, scientific, philosophical, logical or otherwise leaves one unopen to other potential wisdom and potentially intellectually stagnant.

Melissa

Well, this is an interesting synch. But no, there just has to be some kind of balance. The systems/structures we have to deal with on a daily basis are irrational and insane, because it's ONLY focus is the material/physical. And most beliefs are obviously still cemented in what we can see.
It's not the material. The indoctrination lies in absolute commitments to what we are told we see and think we see.

If we actually saw what exists in the "material," there would be a lot more intellectual and spiritual dynamism.

The greatest illusions are what we convict ourselves into seeing. Our moms, dads and friends tell us how the world is and we believe them and follow them out of pressure and partial lack of trust in ourselves. Finding a trust in the self is what is key in actually seeing.
(05-24-2014, 03:24 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think we are irrational for believing in this material and all the other things which come along with it? etc life after death, spirit guides, aliens and so on. I've been asking myself why I believe what I do lately, and I can't really answer it intellectually. I believe in something for which there is no real evidence or proof and I will always believe I imagine. And I don't really know why I will continue to do so. According to skeptics we would be classified as irrational, deluded and even crazy. People usually cite their personal experience as evidence for their beliefs. A typical argument against this is that people are simply seeing what they want to believe rather than looking at things from a scientific perspective. I kind of agree with this and notice myself throwing 'supernatural' reasons at experiences which I suppose could be explained as something like my 'mind playing tricks on me'. Sorry for this jumble of thoughts. What do you guys think?

I think that most of us here, if not all, are wanderers. So for most of us there is really no "choice" perhaps of whether we "believe" in this material or not. We simply remember it, even if we have no conscious memories of that. If we are Wanderers, and we had an existence as stated in the material for say billions of years, then yeah, there should be some traces, some recognition, *something*, when "stumbling" upon this material by "coincidence". This entity put it for instance very eloquently in one of his posts.

About seeing what one wants to believe in: firstly, if you are *wanting* to believe in something, where did that will come from? Where did you pick up that there are greater things that one can see and touch? And secondly, Ra already said that we are not part of the material universe. We are dancing thoughts. And are not imagination and beliefs thoughts? Which we are dancing? Smile

Melissa

(05-24-2014, 03:46 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the material. The indoctrination lies in absolute commitments to what we are told we see and think we see.

If we actually saw what exists in the "material," there would be a lot more intellectual and spiritual dynamism.

The greatest illusions are what we convict ourselves into seeing. Our moms, dads and friends tell us how the world is and we believe them and follow them out of pressure and partial lack of trust in ourselves. Finding a trust in the self is what is key in actually seeing.

Trust comes through love. Self-love is what is key to solving just about everything. The Ra material advocates that all is one, if we believe it to be true it's somewhat necessary to take active responsibility for what it entails. Reclaiming personal power and moving beyond detrimental situations etc; to eliminate 'individual' suffering and opening up to love, acceptance and playfulness.

The 'unseen' is becoming more visible, or slightly more tangible, as far as I can tell, but it's up to us to accept and integrate that part of ourselves in our daily lives and act accordingly.

Edit: to clarify some stuff
(05-24-2014, 03:24 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think we are irrational for believing in this material and all the other things which come along with it? etc life after death, spirit guides, aliens and so on. I've been asking myself why I believe what I do lately, and I can't really answer it intellectually. I believe in something for which there is no real evidence or proof and I will always believe I imagine. And I don't really know why I will continue to do so. According to skeptics we would be classified as irrational, deluded and even crazy. People usually cite their personal experience as evidence for their beliefs. A typical argument against this is that people are simply seeing what they want to believe rather than looking at things from a scientific perspective. I kind of agree with this and notice myself throwing 'supernatural' reasons at experiences which I suppose could be explained as something like my 'mind playing tricks on me'. Sorry for this jumble of thoughts. What do you guys think?

The genesis of your question comes from a natural instinct of second density and early third - following the herd. There's safety in numbers, so the herd sticks together. Everybody has that natural inclination to do and think what the herd does and thinks, so going against the herd is inherently the more difficult path.

Beliefs can come and go - beliefs come to you to be tested by you in your life. The way I see it, the Law of One is probably closer to truth than other systems of beliefs, but the evolution towards truth is not in the reading and understanding of books - it's in watching and experiencing and feeling your truth working in your life.

The unconditional belief of what others have said is potentially a sign of giving away your sovereignty to another - just like being in the Catholic Church..

The way I see it is that the true adept is one who can fully accept where another is on his/her path, since beliefs are evolutionary through the course of a lifetime rather than the specifics of what one believes at the current moment. Truth honestly arrived at is very powerful.

Those are my thoughts - as they say, that and a couple dollars will buy you a cup of coffee..
I know this probably won't be the most popular post but David Wilcock in his new series and book gives a wealth of scientific information backing up ET contact since ancient time moving to modern times, the concept of unity through science as well as validating some scientific facts given from the Law of One series.

The skeptics will go to what makes them feel comfortable until change is inevitable.
(05-24-2014, 04:45 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]About seeing what one wants to believe in: firstly, if you are *wanting* to believe in something, where did that will come from? Where did you pick up that there are greater things that one can see and touch?

Some people would claim that this 'wanting' is a form of escapism. Is it escapism to want to believe that life is grander than what we see before us? The idea that this is all there is to life is almost impossible for me to grasp.
I don't know, the dream I had last night led me to believe that Christianity was the way to go. Or rather Jesus. To remember the sacrifice he made. But it's all still speculation. The bible wasn't written till years after his death.

When I've sought out Ra intensely, it's made my mind do crazy things.
what an irrational/rational question, maybe there is an answer ?
This concept of 'irrational' was (in part) developed as a reaction to the analytic concept of the conscious/unconscious. Behaviorists and cognitive psych people can't deal with things they cannot measure objectively lol. What seems irrational can always make sense in light of exploring historical information and personal distortions.

Added: plus our social mind...
That was beautifully written, both of you. I to this day find the Ra material as fantastic as I did the day I found it. Perhaps I've learned a little bit. Learned not to take everything at face value, but to experience for oneself. I've had brief glimpses of remembering. Feelings sent to me by my social memory complex. The Ra material to me as well was a sort of remembering what I had forgotten. All but the archetypes, which are beyond me. I do at times feel like an old soul. With lots of forgotten experience. I don't feel like I've had many incarnations upon Earth, feeling my wandering is relatively recent. Certainly I haven't been wandering for an entire cycle. Maybe just a few incarnations here to learn what I can, to experience, and to serve when I can, in what fashion I do. I do agree that my home is not here. But while I am here, it is my temporary home.

I resonate most strongly with Ra. And perhaps Sirius. I had a dream of the star Sirius once.

(05-24-2014, 04:45 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I think that most of us here, if not all, are wanderers. So for most of us there is really no "choice" perhaps of whether we "believe" in this material or not. We simply remember it, even if we have no conscious memories of that. If we are Wanderers, and we had an existence as stated in the material for say billions of years, then yeah, there should be some traces, some recognition, *something*, when "stumbling" upon this material by "coincidence". This entity put it for instance very eloquently in one of his posts.

About seeing what one wants to believe in: firstly, if you are *wanting* to believe in something, where did that will come from? Where did you pick up that there are greater things that one can see and touch? And secondly, Ra already said that we are not part of the material universe. We are dancing thoughts. And are not imagination and beliefs thoughts? Which we are dancing? Smile
I am actually a very scientific person and still the Law of One feels truer to me than gravity or any other things I can perceive and understand down here.

But yes most people out there would agree that I am completely crazy. BigSmile
(05-24-2014, 11:08 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2014, 04:45 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]About seeing what one wants to believe in: firstly, if you are *wanting* to believe in something, where did that will come from? Where did you pick up that there are greater things that one can see and touch?

Some people would claim that this 'wanting' is a form of escapism. Is it escapism to want to believe that life is grander than what we see before us? The idea that this is all there is to life is almost impossible for me to grasp.

Isn't believing only in what you can see and touch a greater form of escapism? All life strives towards the light, physically, mentally and spirtually (once they have become aware of this complex), and by light I mean the Creator. So, when closing oneself off to that light, and just believing in what is in front you, also a sort of escapism, from the greater "truth"?

But I understand what you mean! And that sort of escapism you are talking about is probably very common among spiritual and/or New Age people.

Maybe there is a balance between a total blind 'wanting' and a total scepticism?
Light is material. Material is light. In the end, all is based in fundamental particles even what is "metaphysical." It's only a matter of perception, seeing that defines what we believe exists.

Quote:41.9 Questioner: Then what is the simplest being that is manifested? I am supposing it might be a single cell or something like that. And how does it function with respect to energy centers?

Ra: I am Ra. The simplest manifest being is light or what you have called the photon. In relationship to energy centers it may be seen to be the center or foundation of all articulated energy fields.