Bring4th

Full Version: Looking for Beta Readers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm looking for a few a people that would have time to test drive a novel that I am writing. Here's a quick summary of how I came to post this request on Bring4th.org (I just joined today.)

- About six years ago, I met a woman at a workshop who loaned me the Law of One book. I loved it. I read all the other Ra books. Even though I didn't understand some of the material, I definitely connected with the philosophical ideas. This woman and I had some discussion around the book, but after awhile she moved on to exploring other spiritual writings, and so did I.

- Around that same time, the Twilight Series was being made into movies. Harry Potter was already a runaway train (Universal Studios, announcing its intention to recreate the Wizarding World as part of its theme park). And the Hunger Games was just being published. I wondered if anyone was writing adult books with themes and ideas that touched on "new age" philosophy. I liked Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz (I guess the movie is coming) but Thomas is almost like a superhero. I believe we all have the ability to see through the illusion and understand the etheric world around us.

- Last year, I was inspired to start jotting down my ideas and I came up with an 80 page outline for a book. Recently, I have completed a first draft up to the story's point-of-no-return. (I have taken a few writing classes, but this is my first attempt at a novel). But as I began revisions on the chapters, I started to feel silly: no one was going to get what I was talking about, and I wasn't even creating a magical/future world for people to explore.

- I was working on a post for my blog (which only two of my friends read, but it makes me feel more connected being honest about who I am and where I am in my life). Anyway, I went out to L/L Research to look up something in the Law of One for my new post and I saw the Wanderer's Book was available. I took the test and started reading people's experiences. Holy cow! I don't know if I am a Wanderer, but there was so much that helped clarify my life experiences. That night, the first time in years!, I didn't wake up in the darkness of early morning with a crushing anxiety that seemed out of proportion for my life situation. I decided I would keep writing my book. Even if only one person reads it, and it somehow gives them a good night's sleep or a little peace of mind, that would be a most beautiful Light to add to the world.

So I am looking for three or four readers (with and without writing backgrounds) that have time, patience and honesty. I cannot hope to have a best seller, but if I am going to put hundreds of hours into writing this story, I want the book to have truth, be interesting and inspiring. If you might be interested, please feel free to email me. By next month, I plan to have the first couple of chapters posted on a members-only blog site for review and comments.

If you'd like more information about who I am and my spiritual quest (as well as blurb on the pending book), feel free to visit my blog at http://sourpusdesert40.blogspot.com/

I look forward to connecting with everyone and contributing to the other forums on the site, if I can; maybe even meeting up with y'all in person one day (feel shy about that, thoughSmile).

Namaste,
Cactapus