Bring4th

Full Version: so i hear my belly stands out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've notice this forum here. is so, formal. iono i guess people just like explaining their feelings. im not totally like that as i just want to keep things simple. but im a sucker for a story.

anywho.

recently my dad asked me to run him some errands while he was gone on vacation. he owns and runs a nail salon. he asked me to clean up after the store everyday for the duration time he was gone. which is like 6 weeks. and man that place can get dirty.

but anyways.

the place has mirrors everywhere and they are really really big. one day i came in to clean up. i walked in with one of my favorite soft teeshirt and shorts and i've notice my stomach is extending out quite a bit. it is something you can call it a beer belly even though i do not drink beer (i don't drink it because i loath the taste).

anyways 6 years ago i was at my peak physical condition. i weighed 150lbs had a 5-7% body fat percentage @5'5. i had a 6pac, wings muscle under my arms. was able to run forever. man i was fit i was able to fit into a size 30' inch waist pants. i had just join the army and went though boot camp. so it was physically demanding. this was back in earlymid 2003.

but after i got out into the reserves i guess i got real lazy. every year i gained like 10 lbs i remember moving up to 160. and thinking nothing of it. then to 170 and i still nothing. then to 180 and i thought to myself that is how much i weighed before i join the military. i stayed there for a bit of time mostly. but roughly staying between 180-185.

roughly 1 year ago is when i got the biggest gain in weight i have ever done. which coincides with the greatest thing that happen with me.

in one year i gained 30 lbs. i just weighed myself and I'm sitting here at 210lbs stomach hanging out, im tired all the time. yea not the nicest. im hardly fitting into a 36 inch size waist and probably will need to move into a 38' inch waist size.

but this all started the day i met my girlfriend. around that time i was looking for a companion and the universe gave me her. she became what i needed in my life. she is everything i am not. she is my balance. but anyways there are things that i've changed in my life since i've been with her. and food intake is just that thing we both have been taking too much of. you can say we intake things that are both expensive and full of calories.

I've notice that regardless of my weight i am a happier then bliss. and i have much greater plans for my future in due time. what i don't have is a plan of losing this excess weight.

everybody says diet and exercise. but my question is...

if anyone, any lady or gent here. who can give me advice on how to keep my stubborn woman from eating out and dragging me along with her.

i think that's about it. any info?

fairyfarmgirl

(02-17-2010, 05:12 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]i've notice this forum here. is so, formal. iono i guess people just like explaining their feelings. im not totally like that as i just want to keep things simple. but im a sucker for a story.

anywho.

recently my dad asked me to run him some errands while he was gone on vacation. he owns and runs a nail salon. he asked me to clean up after the store everyday for the duration time he was gone. which is like 6 weeks. and man that place can get dirty.

but anyways.

the place has mirrors everywhere and they are really really big. one day i came in to clean up. i walked in with one of my favorite soft teeshirt and shorts and i've notice my stomach is extending out quite a bit. it is something you can call it a beer belly even though i do not drink beer (i don't drink it because i loath the taste).

anyways 6 years ago i was at my peak physical condition. i weighed 150lbs had a 5-7% body fat percentage @5'5. i had a 6pac, wings muscle under my arms. was able to run forever. man i was fit i was able to fit into a size 30' inch waist pants. i had just join the army and went though boot camp. so it was physically demanding. this was back in earlymid 2003.

but after i got out into the reserves i guess i got real lazy. every year i gained like 10 lbs i remember moving up to 160. and thinking nothing of it. then to 170 and i still nothing. then to 180 and i thought to myself that is how much i weighed before i join the military. i stayed there for a bit of time mostly. but roughly staying between 180-185.

roughly 1 year ago is when i got the biggest gain in weight i have ever done. which coincides with the greatest thing that happen with me.

in one year i gained 30 lbs. i just weighed myself and I'm sitting here at 210lbs stomach hanging out, im tired all the time. yea not the nicest. im hardly fitting into a 36 inch size waist and probably will need to move into a 38' inch waist size.

but this all started the day i met my girlfriend. around that time i was looking for a companion and the universe gave me her. she became what i needed in my life. she is everything i am not. she is my balance. but anyways there are things that i've changed in my life since i've been with her. and food intake is just that thing we both have been taking too much of. you can say we intake things that are both expensive and full of calories.

I've notice that regardless of my weight i am a happier then bliss. and i have much greater plans for my future in due time. what i don't have is a plan of losing this excess weight.

everybody says diet and exercise. but my question is...

if anyone, any lady or gent here. who can give me advice on how to keep my stubborn woman from eating out and dragging me along with her.

Good Greetings:

The only person you can change is you. And by doing so all else changes around you. This is the way the Law of Attraction works. It is not the other person--- but you for as in Ra Speak: All is One. It begins with you.

My husband got plump when he met me. It was not until his last favorite shirt did not fit that he decided that we should follow my advice... LOL

We now are following the portion guidelines from Weight Watchers. It is helping greatly. We make up a menu of all our meals and snacks and add up the portions and calories the day before shopping day (which is also payday) and we shop according to the menu. We do not eat any "low fat" or "reduced calorie" crap. Those foods are Pseudo Foods and really not edible at all! Instead we eat less and use the healthy portions for butter and oil. We only cook with butter or olive oil or we steam everything. We no longer use corn (except organic corn meal or corn) in anything!

On special occaisions (such as Valentine's Day which also is the Lunar New Year) we order out at our favorite Chinese Restaurant that does not use any MSG and cooks in Peanut Oil not corn oil.

Anything that says "Pure Vegetable Oil" stay away from this is Big Agri speak for Corn oil and MSG. Very Bad for the Waistline, heart, and internal organs.

"Pure" anything is not "PURE!" For instance read the back of "Pure" Vanilla Extract in the Baking aisle. You will notice that the main ingredient is now Corn Syrup! It is not PURE as they SAY it IS...

When so much food is available and one loves food one indulges a bit too much. Once we had visual references as to what a sensible portion looked like we could serve ourselves without measuring first. This allows us to eat out on occasion. We usually just order a salad and share it for an appetizer and one entree and share that. This way we eat a healthy portion and it costs alot less. We do not eat bread with dinner. We stay away from bread as it is addictive to us. We make a low fat quick bread instead (does not contain hidden MSG in the "dough conditioners") so we eat less of it.

We are mostly concerned about health. So being at a lower weight is a smart move... besides I have yet to interact with an emissary of the Light that is plump... LOLAngel

Watch:

Food Inc. food inc

Fast Food Nation fast food

Read:

http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-welfa...ound-beef/

MSG is in most fast food and high end restaurant chains... Like Ruby Tuesdays, the 99 and Panera Bread (these are examples). MSG is also used in a lot of Asian cooking... MSG is a neurotoxin. It is designed to make your brain think it needs to eat more and more... Remember the potato chip commercial "I betcha can't just eat one?" well, that is not because that particular potato chip was a superior product... it is because it was laced with MSG. This is the cash cow for the food industry. We become the Cows they get the cash.

Corn Syrup and Corn products (corn syrup, corn oil, etc) are another bunch of baddies. The cornsyrup makes you just want more and more of that sweet stuff... Bread with Corn syrup is addictive as it also has MSG... And then some foods have Food Colorants and that makes you want even more... Some foods are Psuedo Foods... Like Soda, trix yougurt, sugared cereals, pastries, margarine etc.

Here is an article written by a Jewish Rabbi... They are really big on Clean Foods... foods that are as nature intended them to be especially at Passover---

L-Cysteine from human hair http://www.albalagh.net/halal/col2.shtml

Fresh good foods that are actually in their food form are best to start with. If you don't know what's in it... don't eat it. That is my motto.

fairyfarmgirl
I think you should talk with your lady about how you felt great about yourself when you were in shape in the Army. Tell her that you miss having all that energy and you miss looking that good. Tell her that when you saw yourself in the salon mirrors, you were really embarrassed about how much you've let yourself slide. Tell her you want to get back in shape for both you and her! Be sure to tell her that you want to have lots of energy and health to enjoy your time with her and not drop dead just as she gets to know you. Tell her you want to no longer run out of pep when there's more time you could enjoy with her!

Tell her that you can't put yourself through boot camp again but you do want to get more disciplined. So you need to make new habits to eat right and exercise right every day. Tell her you realized the biggest challenge is that you both like to eat out so much. Tell her that for the next 3 months you want to eat out less so that you can focus on healthy foods that will get you back into shape.

Then ask if she'd be willing to have you spend less time together in restaurants, and more time in nice places to take a walk. Would she be willing to spend some time with you at the grocery stores and farmers markets as you buy healthy food? Would she like to join you cooking up good food at home, even if it's not fancy? Tell her you need to do these things for your own health, and you hope she'd like to join you because you really love her company!

I bet that if you present it that way, she'll be willing to help you. And probably nicer about it than the drill sergeant!
Just don't eat as much as you currently do. Substitute some of your meals with coffee, juice, or water. All I did was that, and I've gone from 280, down to 255 in 3 months. I'm not even exercising...yet.

Godspeed!
(02-17-2010, 05:12 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]if anyone, any lady or gent here. who can give me advice on how to keep my stubborn woman from eating out and dragging me along with her.

If you have the space and ability to do so, raise a garden. Plant lots of dark green, leafy vegetables that you can eat raw. They are delicious, and it's almost impossible to gain weight eating raw greens with no dressing on them.

Such greens have other benefits. They are loaded with vitamins, and also are a good way of introducing sunlight into a part of your body that doesn't normally encounter it.

I buy my seeds from a company in Oregon that carries a wide variety of delightful salad greens, including many obscure, Oriental varieties that are hard to find elsewhere. They are easy to raise and a great substitute for processed, industrial food. You can PM me if you want a link to the company's web site.Smile
@ fairyfarmgirl
you know i find it very interesting how it is assumed that you are totally in control of what happens to you. when in reality the universe has equal say in what happens to you too. it's a give and get type of thing. yet to be Fair.. i am VERY happy of who i am and even in my physical condition. what i don't like is, yes i do get tired sometimes. it is annoying that i am not as mobile or flexible as i once was. but aside that im cool beans. i guess with no drive there is no motive for change. which gives me the results that i am in right? Smile

btw thank you for that info on msg after hearing you out and reading up on many reserach articles regarding it I'm going to stay away from it completely.

@ Questioner
i joined the army because i was a dumb 17 year old and i thought end of the world was coming with revelation and war with Persia. so i wanted to avoid it by joining in early on and exiting out before a draft. or at least if i had gone i went into something that wasn't infantry. me being in shape was just a by-product of joining the army. it was nice that i had those muscles and all but not important to me. i actually just want to be a modest 170-175. i can't do 150 again.. it was HARD work to get there.

but yes i need to eat home more often. i spend way too much money going out. i spend a serious chunk of change doing that. however in the comming weeks i find myself working 11 hour days 5 days a week and i just don't have the time sometimes to cook. or even if my g/f cooks i come home in the oddest times of the day/evening. it's a pretty bad irregular schedule. i hope you can imagine my sleeping schedule.

@ Eddie
hey Eddie i live in crowdedville Southern California. not possible unless i plant some small plants on my balcony which most likely my cat will much on it for sheer boredom.
I knew a lady who would walk to keep herself toned. When she walked, she would keep saying "burn fat, burn fat", sort of speaking to the subconscious to get it in gear and alignment and working with what you want.

fairyfarmgirl

[quote='blade8r' pid='11159' dateline='1266526636']
@ fairyfarmgirl
you know i find it very interesting how it is assumed that you are totally in control of what happens to you. when in reality the universe has equal say in what happens to you too. it's a give and get type of thing. yet to be Fair.. i am VERY happy of who i am and even in my physical condition. what i don't like is, yes i do get tired sometimes. it is annoying that i am not as mobile or flexible as i once was. but aside that im cool beans. i guess with no drive there is no motive for change. which gives me the results that i am in right? Smile

By the way thank you for that info on msg after hearing you out and reading up on many reserach articles regarding it I'm going to stay away from it completely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

All things we draw forth to ourselves by that which we focus upon. This is a universal law. Called the Law of Attraction. It is not the only Universal Law-- there are others... whether we are aware that we are creating that which we experience or not we still are. Ignorance of the Universal Law on the Earth Plane does not excuse one from its effects or negate the fact the Law does exist... It does take practice and focus to consciously create. This is something of a steep learning curve for many people including myself.

I make no judgments or opinions concerning your body type, weight, creed, religion, nationality, appearance, or orientation... I simply provided information and spoke concerning my experiences with weight... Take what you will from my story as I did from yours.

I wish you well.

fairyfarmgirl
Can you prepare healthy food ahead of time? Make a big pot of noodles, fajita veggies, chicken breast, etc so healthy dinner is just something you toss in the microwave? We've started doing that and it's really making a difference in my health. I cut out almost all the MSG and aspartame and that's helped too.

Can you have a container garden with a few fresh herbs? Maybe grow sprouts in the kitchen window? Go to farmers' markets? (There are several around S. CA. - great date as well as good ingredients.)

Interesting story about your army time. What I meant was just that it might help your gal to understand that you miss being in shape, you want to get a little more disciplined but you don't need a new drill sergeant in your life!

Anyway, have you had a chance to talk with her about all this yet? We can advise you on the forum all day, but the real question is how she responds to your goals.
(02-18-2010, 09:08 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]All things we draw forth to ourselves by that which we focus upon. This is a universal law. Called the Law of Attraction. It is not the only Universal Law-- there are others... whether we are aware that we are creating that which we experience or not we still are. Ignorance of the Universal Law on the Earth Plane does not excuse one from its effects or negate the fact the Law does exist... It does take practice and focus to consciously create. This is something of a steep learning curve for many people including myself.

I make no judgments or opinions concerning your body type, weight, creed, religion, nationality, appearance, or orientation... I simply provided information and spoke concerning my experiences with weight... Take what you will from my story as I did from yours.

I wish you well.

fairyfarmgirl

I guess we have a different understanding of how the laws work. we also have different idea/concept of how manifestation works.

i have read the law of attraction. and i can honestly say, and i only speak for my opinion, that the Law of Attraction isn't entirely accurate. In my understanding of all information that i have gathered. i don't feel that all object of my desire can be manifested simply by believing or having mental projections of manifestation. i have gone to my local law of attraction groups had deep discussion of how to best utilize this particular tool. but so far this is the conclusion i have come to understand.

the truth is, this reality we live in is and has always been a hologram. we the Third density universe consciousness is experiencing this illusion. this illusion has it's parameters, it's own rules. Laws as you say. whatever you want to call it.

if manifestation is to occur it requires the one who is in this illusion to manifest it. however the one is more then you. it's everything, it requires the mind-body-consciousness AND the Universe outside ourselves to manifest.

you said, "The only person you can change is you." i disagree with this statement. as the thing that changes if a change is even made that it would be the universe AND I together.

i find that the Law of attraction ideology places the person as the driver of a car. it brings out an aspect that the soul in charge of itself and all around it. however this is not the path i choose. the soul isn't in charge of all things that are around it. nor the vise-versa. in fact ill go even as far as to state that this would be a good stepping platform for those seeking movement in either STS or STO. the Law of Attraction caters to the self unless the entity manifest catering to all.

but either way i hope you can see my point of view.

that's my feelings on the matter. for some odd reason i had to digress from the original post just so i can put a point of view when it comes down to the Law of One.
(02-17-2010, 05:12 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]i've notice this forum here. is so, formal. iono i guess people just like explaining their feelings. im not totally like that as i just want to keep things simple. but im a sucker for a story.

anywho.

Nah !!! formal is for the stuck up people, we have preeety nice bunch heer the folks ...
and you vont be able to blame me for that one. I am a fool u kno.
(02-17-2010, 05:12 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]everybody says diet and exercise. but my question is...

Dude !!! you have a Budda belly just relish it with pride Smile

I think your query is more about how to keep your woman happy and still keep her home or at least out of those fattening places ? right so far?

I will stick my neck out- Just talk to her about it. Maybe she is thinkin the same thang and may'be getting advise on another messgae board on how to keep her man happy and out of the eating joints...If she cares about you enough; I am sure you guys can work out a plan. I volunteer you for cooking for her 2 days a week and watch a nice DVD afterwards cuddled up in the bed. That is pretty romantic huh... Or you guys can cook together something simple, focus more on talking and having some quality time together... or invite some friends over and do a pot luck party, yahoo !!! How does that sound to ya ?
(02-21-2010, 07:19 PM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]

anywho.

Nah !!! formal is for the stuck up people, we have preeety nice bunch heer the folks ...
and you vont be able to blame me for that one. I am a fool u kno.
(02-17-2010, 05:12 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]everybody says diet and exercise. but my question is...

Dude !!! you have a Budda belly just relish it with pride Smile

I think your query is more about how to keep your woman happy and still keep her home or at least out of those fattening places ? right so far?

I will stick my neck out- Just talk to her about it. Maybe she is thinkin the same thang and may'be getting advise on another messgae board on how to keep her man happy and out of the eating joints...If she cares about you enough; I am sure you guys can work out a plan. I volunteer you for cooking for her 2 days a week and watch a nice DVD afterwards cuddled up in the bed. That is pretty romantic huh... Or you guys can cook together something simple, focus more on talking and having some quality time together... or invite some friends over and do a pot luck party, yahoo !!! How does that sound to ya ?

thanks you for those eloquent words you have given me. and you hit the spot of what i was thinking. My g/f thinks the worst sometimes and i kinda have to convince her that i have her best intentions. i really was something that i had in mind. i kinda just wanted some advice on how i went and do 2 things at once. she wanted to lose weight and wanted some form of direction and a plan is what i needed. i like to thank everybody input as i took everybody consideration.

i like to thank you the fool. i just finished talking it out with the girlfriend and right now were planning our dinner plans eat in and stuff. so far so good. healthy way to go.
(02-22-2010, 01:08 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]i just finished talking it out with the girlfriend and right now were planning our dinner plans eat in and stuff. so far so good. healthy way to go.

That's cool, that sounds like exactly what you were hoping for when you started the topic! On track for both healthy eating and romance! BigSmile
(02-22-2010, 01:08 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]thanks you for those eloquent words you have given me. and you hit the spot of what i was thinking. My g/f thinks the worst sometimes and i kinda have to convince her that i have her best intentions. i really was something that i had in mind. i kinda just wanted some advice on how i went and do 2 things at once. she wanted to lose weight and wanted some form of direction and a plan is what i needed. i like to thank everybody input as i took everybody consideration.

i like to thank you the fool. i just finished talking it out with the girlfriend and right now were planning our dinner plans eat in and stuff. so far so good. healthy way to go.

Blade8r, a raw food diet may be the answer for you and your gf. Check out this video interview:

Living Food

Brittany

My husband was a really big eater, but I've noticed that when I try to eat better he follows my example without me eveh saying anything. As my energy body began changing due to my awakening I needed less food, and started majorly cutting back my portions, and lo and behold, he started eating less as well. I start losing weight and he starts jogging and doing crunches. I've also discovered he loves anything I cook, even if it is a food he doesn't like, or at least pretends he likes it, so I've started trying to cook healthier foods instead of us just eating out all the time or munching on chips. I've started trying to bring more fruits and vegetables into the house and have switched to whole grains and try to avoid foods with stuff like high fructose corn syrup. I haven't told him we can't eat out or tried to shove salad down his throat, but I've tried making small steps toward healthier eating and we've both lost weight. Going on crash diets isn't going to do anything but make you binge.

Saying "Hey, we're really fat and should eat less." isn't likely go get your results of a positive nature. In my opinion, example is the best way to lead. Worry about what you can do for your own body, and don't worry about what anyone else is eating or doing. If your girlfriend sees that you are happier and healthier by making whatever changes in your diet or lifestyle, there is a high chance that she will start making healthier choices as well.
thanks you for that wonderful info ahktu

really thank you.
(02-22-2010, 01:08 AM)blade8r Wrote: [ -> ]i like to thank you the fool. i just finished talking it out with the girlfriend and right now were planning our dinner plans eat in and stuff. so far so good. healthy way to go.

I feel useful because of you. So I thank you BigSmile

Hey buddy ! you will have to update us on your progress. It will be interesting to see where this story goes from here...I have high hopes for you to tell you the truth Smile