Bring4th

Full Version: Steady State of Silence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a monkey mind; and I love it. All sorts of random stuff comes up in consciousness, and I chase things like a dog in a field of golden sunflowers.

but when necessary, can I silence it? can the chatter be quieted, and can this great instrument of the mind be put to more focussed purpose?

the following passage comes from earlier in the sessions (Session 5) and so a lot of the framework for bigger understandings (terminologies and concepts) had not been laid down yet. One could imagine that Ra might have given a more elaborate and fuller reply if the same question was posed later, when further things could be drawn upon.

Don's line of questioning was regards how an entity might go about contacting intelligent infinity. Ra's reply was that one need to discipline (train) the mind, the body, and then the spirit; in that order, and mirroring the array of the archetypes.

To train the mind, (or to be able to do any kind of mental work related to metaphysics) Ra says that silence is a prerequisite. Or in more buddhist terms, being able to coax the monkey mind from running around the house throwing stuff, and get it to sit still in the corner for a while. Meditation, no?

Quote:5.2 We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

once that silence if available (and able to be accessed by choice), then the actual mental trainings can begin.

here is the first recommendation:

Ra Wrote:To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

the full passage is here for further reading:
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=5#2

Silence is essential; then the question becomes, what do you do once you have attained that blank piece of paper? what is the work/balancing you wish to attain, and what is the method (technique) by which you choose to meet that goal?
I don't know if they also mean visual silence or blackness. I don't hear things in my mind, so am usually having silence anyway. But I get visuals when I meditate. That's the monkey mind, it's all visual. Silence in sound is easy for me to do. But usually we have the A/C running which causes distraction.
(05-28-2014, 08:53 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Silence is essential; then the question becomes, what do you do once you have attained that blank piece of paper?
Soak it up.

I like to revel in the silence. Silencing my mind is no small feat.
I have been able to silence the mind now after getting into meditation for a bit. Took me a lot of daily practice morning and evening. My belly is warm with fuzzy feeling, although once the mind is quiet the eye opens in your mind and you see many images but then these are let go of. The acceptance of the present moment is balancing the self with the love and light of the creator. I am that.
(05-28-2014, 08:53 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Silence is essential; then the question becomes, what do you do once you have attained that blank piece of paper?
Try not to fall out of the body? Hehe. Hold down the fort with someone you vibe with. Wink
IMO Green Ray is like the glowing replica of the silence that is the base everythingness of unity.
Heart
It's like we recapitulate that which is, infinitely in order to enjoy that which is; This is everything.

I hope other members can come slag my comments, it is so satisfying to be disproven, debunked, destroyed, etc
The key may be silence. But knowing the key doesn't manifest it... I'm broadcasting thoughts like a radio station TOO MUCH CHATTERRR!!

I_Am_The_One

(05-29-2014, 02:14 PM)Rake Wrote: [ -> ]The key may be silence. But knowing the key doesn't manifest it... I'm broadcasting thoughts like a radio station TOO MUCH CHATTERRR!!

lol! that was awesome rake. seriously had me laughing there! haha!

but what you say speaks true. it surely doesnt manifest it.
(05-28-2014, 08:53 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]To train the mind, (or to be able to do any kind of mental work related to metaphysics) Ra says that silence is a prerequisite. Or in more buddhist terms, being able to coax the monkey mind from running around the house throwing stuff, and get it to sit still in the corner for a while. Meditation, no?

I think that "training" is a necessary concept to grasp when seeking silence. The use of the thinking mind in this present third-density society is *generally* one that is undisciplined. Virtually all of us, self included, are compulsive thinkers who are unable to finding the breaking (focusing) mechanism, and, further, unable to master those controls.

Consider 41.22 and 42.22. Each speaks to the capacity to "hold" the attention on the desired programming. This act of "holding" is only possible by the trained/disciplined and focused mind.

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=41#22

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=42#12

Not only, then, is there are particular thought focused upon, or programming "held" onto, but the greater stillness and silence has entered the picture. Because who is doing the focusing and holding? It is that higher dimension (so to speak) of consciousness that has emerged which is aware of the phenomenal world but which is not the phenomenal world.

So there is both the background of silence/stillness, and the focus upon a particular thought.

I have used this in limited ways in terms of setting, and holding onto, intent in order to create desired changes in behavior/perception. To what effect, I know not.

But in terms of seeking simply to rest and abide in the silence, that focusing can become palpable, like the collecting, gathering, and pointing of wayward/dissipating energies into a laser, of sorts, or akin to turning a magnifying glass held in sunlight until the light focuses to a single point.

There is a certain strength and power there. And relief, and liberation.
Meditation doesn't coax my monkey mind to be still. I feel more restless when I do meditate.